This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

sora Community Regular

I made Mexican Pizza.

A cookie sheet of polenta topped with grated cheese, chopped onion ground beef with taco seasoning and some enchilada sauce. Put it in a 425 oven for about 10 minutes and sprinkled with chopped green onion. Delicious and very filling.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

love2travel Mentor

Rice Flour Gnocchi with Roasted Garlic, White Wine and Shallot Sauce

Estella Newbie

Baked spaghetti squash smothered in slowly sauteed candy sweet onions, gypsy peppers & garlic. Had it last week & left us craving more. Just seemed perfect for a cold rainy week-end.

Persei V. Enthusiast

Tomato soup (recipe made by moi, but has tomatoes :rolleyes: and rice, so a few people here can't eat it), a banana, a bar of soy chocolate with rice flakes, a tall glass of acerola juice and half a cup of coffee.

I feel happy because I am full and my stomach does not grumble nor hurt.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I had some left over mac and cheese and some steamed carrots. I burt the first batch of carrots :( (yeah don't ask, it seems to be a 'lets burn everything' weekend). Then i burnt my tounge on the second batch T_T can't win for loose can i?

Adalaide Mentor

Apparently my no energy Thursday evening turned into feeling like I had razor blades in my throat by bedtime. I took myself off to the doctor on Friday just to make sure it wasn't strep. Nope, just a fun head cold yay! I didn't eat yesterday at all, I was in too much pain to consider putting food against my throat. I found the energy tonight to cook some rice ramen for supper for both of us.

Yup, both sick so I don't even have a well husband to dote on me and take care of me. I had to go buy my own cough drops. The bright side is when you sound like you're dying every time you cough no one at the store will come within like 100 feet of you so you get whole aisles to yourself to pick out flavors of cough drops. :D

Tomorrow is soup. Taking the top off a can is gonna be a real challenge. I can barely get myself up the stairs at this point. Hopefully by Monday I'll be feeling better and I'll get that appetite with a vengeance thing going on. What I want is a salad, but there is no way I'm going to eat something that won't just slide right down painlessly.

catsmeow Contributor

AAAAWWWW Adalaide, I feel bad for you. I hope you get better soon. We're sick at my house too. Diahrrea, fever, runny nose, body aches.....ugh....

Last night I wanted pizza really bad, but can't have dairy anymore, so whats a girl to do?????

I didn't feel like making a crust from scratch, and my local grocery store does not carry dairy free cheese, so, I decided that I didn't need cheese to make a pizza, that's right, I made it without any cheesy topping at all, and it was delicious, beyond my expectations. I did not miss cheese at all.

I bought Udi's pizza crust, ragu quick pizza sauce, and topped it with Boar's head pepperoni, red onion, mushrooms, red pepper, and olives. Guess what? It was amazing. My only problem was that the toppings fall off because they don't have the cheese to glue it all together, however; my husband solved the problem by telling me to cut wide pieces of pizza, and fold it over like they do on the east coast to eat it, it worked great, and was less messy.

I can haz pizza again:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sora Community Regular

Rice Flour Gnocchi with Roasted Garlic, White Wine and Shallot Sauce

I have a potato Gnocchi recipe I have always used and loved. It has some flour in it. If I use a gluten free flour should I add some X-gum?

For tonight I am making a huge pan of roasted veggies.

Persei V. Enthusiast

Meringue cookies and peppermint tea. Hmm... :D

love2travel Mentor

Getting ready to go on a month-long vacation to Europe so are cleaning out the fridge. We are simply having a bacon and potato cake or truffade (many layers of very thinly-sliced potatoes and bacon pressed into a cake). And raw cucumber from a friend's garden.

Adalaide Mentor

That pizza sounds great. I think I'm finally gonna order some Venice crusts this week to try and see how that goes. My husband is a complete jerk. He is making me drink orange juice because it'll help me get better he says. It may as well be battery acid I'm pouring onto the back of my throat. I do feel mildly better though, I'm coughing less and my fever broke so maybe his battery acid is working. I'm totally going to have that soup for supper when he gets home and I can make him open the can. I don't know what he's having and frankly I don't think I have the energy to care today. I am so not going to get my pretzels chocolate dipped in time for my new video game on Tuesday.

Christine0125 Contributor

Gluten free chicken parmesan rollatini... I'll definitely make it again!

IrishHeart Veteran

I hope you feel better ADALAIDE!! xxoo

I know you will think this sounds BLECHY right now, but if I do not share this, I will burst. I had hub's cousins here for a reunion (as in--- they have not seen each other for 40 years --when they were kids)

so I "did it up".

Dinner was:

Marinated, herbed roasted peppers & goat cheese on crostini.

Salmon cream spread

Duck liver and sherry pate

Proscuitto wrapped melon slices.

Marinated olives.

Filet mignon roast

Sherried mushrooms & garlic (thank you, LOVE2TRAVEL xxoo)

Twice-baked potatoes

Sauteed parslied carrots

Chocolate ganache with raspberry coulis and fresh whipped cream

Vanilla bean cheesecake squares.

I am not eating ( or cooking) for a week. My back hurts and I cannot fit into my pants...signed, Fatty McChubbo Butt.

catsmeow Contributor

I hope you feel better ADELAIDE!! xxoo

I know you will think this sounds BLECHY right now, but if I do not share this, I will burst. I had hub's cousins here for a reunion (as in--- they have not seen each other for 40 years --when they were kids)

so I "did it up".

Dinner was:

Salmon cream spread

Marinated olives.

Filet mignon roast

Twice-baked potatoes

Sauteed parslied carrots

I am not eating ( or cooking) for a week. My back hurts and I cannot fit into my pants...signed, Fatty McChubbo Butt.

OMGosh.....that meal sounds so gooooooooood...I wanna be Fatty McChubbo with you!!!

Adalaide Mentor

Anything involving proscuitto always sounds 110% awesome. And you wouldn't be starving for a week if we had our muumuus. :D

shadowicewolf Proficient

So not my weekend for cooking, i somehow ruined all but one pancake.... Me thinks it might be the stove and the fact that i'm not used to it, as i've only been here for a little over a month.

-depressed-

IrishHeart Veteran

Anything involving proscuitto always sounds 110% awesome. And you wouldn't be starving for a week if we had our muumuus. :D

That's right, A!

SORA! Girl, where the heck ARE those muumuus anyway?

Geesh, looks like a package sent through the Canadian postal service is slower in coming than a compliment from a mother-in-law.

Dinner tonight: lettuce and water.

sora Community Regular

I hope you feel better ADALAIDE!! xxoo

so I "did it up".

Dinner was:

Salmon cream spread

Marinated olives.

Filet mignon roast

Twice-baked potatoes

Sauteed parslied carrots

What a feast!

Should have let me know I could have popped across the water with those Muumuu's then you wouldn't have to be eating lettuce all week. :)

Tonight we had the last of the turkey with gravy and rice with carrots and honey.

shadowicewolf Proficient

plain rice with maybe a little salt. Gerd is acting up bad and i don't wanna take tums.... (gets really old after a while).

Adalaide Mentor

I ate today! This of course led to a disagreement between my butt and I on how far was safe to travel from the bathroom but for an extremely short period of time there was food in me. :) I meandered about the store while they were filling my prescription because they have the most horrid chairs there and found some bison for $4 a pound marked down 2 days before it's expiration. I figured ground meat would be easy to eat so we made them into burgers and I managed to get the whole thing in the top before it made a glorious exit.

You know IH, I guess there is a sort of positive here. According to the doctor from Friday to Monday I lost just over 5 pounds. It's like a kick start to my diet. If you like you can come visit and I'll give you a kick start. :P

shadowicewolf Proficient

I ate today! This of course led to a disagreement between my butt and I on how far was safe to travel from the bathroom but for an extremely short period of time there was food in me. :) I meandered about the store while they were filling my prescription because they have the most horrid chairs there and found some bison for $4 a pound marked down 2 days before it's expiration. I figured ground meat would be easy to eat so we made them into burgers and I managed to get the whole thing in the top before it made a glorious exit.

You know IH, I guess there is a sort of positive here. According to the doctor from Friday to Monday I lost just over 5 pounds. It's like a kick start to my diet. If you like you can come visit and I'll give you a kick start. :P

You can keep your bug :P I just got over a stomach virus not to long ago and i have no desire for a repeat.

Yay for protien.

IrishHeart Veteran

Gee, er,um...thanks, sweets, but no thanks. I have plenty of experience in losing weight the "sick" way and it's not fun. I'll just cut back on the carbs and sweets and wear sweatpants for a few weeks.

Seriously, I do hope you feel better soon! xxoo

Dinner tonight:

Salmon

Swiss chard

Apples---they are coming out our ears.

Most are given to the local adult care/nursing home for use in their kitchen.

We can only eat so much applesauce and we do NOT need to be eating any apple pie, apple crisp or galettes. :D

shadowicewolf Proficient

may do my hamburger, cabbage, onion mix over rice.

jerseyangel Proficient

Pot roast :)

shadowicewolf Proficient

changed my mind as i forgot to let the meat defrost, its gonna be spinage fettachini alfredo.