This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

sa1937 Community Regular

Pot roast

It's that kind of a day here....brrr

(Sylvia suggested it. thank you, Sylvia :) )

You're welcome! biggrin.gif So was it good?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Persei V. Enthusiast

Boiled chicken wings.

Turns out I can't handle big meals and it just leaves me bloated for the rest of the day, so I'll refrain from eating a lot in one sitting.

IrishHeart Veteran

You're welcome! biggrin.gif So was it good?

Absurdly delicious. Thanks for the suggestion.

I used this:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/2008_the_year_of_the_pot_roast/

I did not shred the meat or make mashed potatoes (just boiled new potatoes) and it was YUMSTERS!!!

yes, I used the red wine.... :)

shadowicewolf Proficient

Boiled chicken wings.

Turns out I can't handle big meals and it just leaves me bloated for the rest of the day, so I'll refrain from eating a lot in one sitting.

Big meals give my GERD a reason to act up, so you aren't alone :)

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I've been so busy and tired! I'm keeping it simple Udis bread with canola mayo and sliced boiled eggs. Perhaps tomorrow I will cook! ;)

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Last night I made lasagna, and I used it on a man. It worked great!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

Last night I made lasagna, and I used it on a man. It worked great!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One could interpret this two ways, Bunz.....in either case, Mazel Tov! ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Persei V. Enthusiast

Big meals give my GERD a reason to act up, so you aren't alone :)

Streangely enough, the stomach bug from last week was exactly that I was eating a lot by lunch and getting bloated until the end of the day... Which wasn't so comfortable if I ate lunch leftovers for dinner. :(

Anyhow, tonight I plan to eat saut

One could interpret this two ways, Bunz.....in either case, Mazel Tov! ;)

Yes, but one interpretation sounds very messy!!

:lol: :lol:

In this case, it earned me a great deal of good will. That's all I meant. (for now...)

shadowicewolf Proficient

No idea what i'm going to do, it'll come to me.

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Veggie nachos and lovely melted cheese with........A BIG glass of wine ;)

Persei V. Enthusiast

Sweet potato chips and beef. Why didn't I buy sweet potato before? It's freaking delicious. :lol:

shadowicewolf Proficient

I'm burnt out from sweet potato...

at any rate, i'm having my usual soup of carrot, cabbage, and beef. At least its healthy for me right? :unsure:

Persei V. Enthusiast

From what I could gather, there are several kinds of sweet potato. I used one whose skin is purple and the flesh is white/yellow-ish, not the orange flesh sweet potato. I couldn't find that one here... Maybe you could try new types out?

And for tonight, I'll have a chocolate cupcake (yaaay) with almond spread (double yaay) and a tiny slice of passionfruit cake. I just baked a lot of cakes and I won't have much time to eat them. I even made chocolate cake dough ice cream because there was a LOT of dough. That one I'm saving for later...

shadowicewolf Proficient

...please tell me there are no eggs in that dough :blink:

Persei V. Enthusiast

Four :mellow:

At any case, I have a recipe for cake without eggs ready to go if they give me troubles.

I made a pot roast. It is the BEST one I've ever done!

I actually put green pepper in it by accident (long story)

and I think that makes the meat more tender or

something. Or it's just the best piece of meat I ever got.

Yum!

Raw egg is a risk, but it's a calculated risk. Cage free eggs are much safer, as well.

Persei V. Enthusiast

I got iffy with raw eggs at first as well, though my sister adds a raw egg to her smoothie every morning and never got ill from the brand we usually buy... Maybe I'll ask her to taste the ice cream first :ph34r:

Mine are indeed cage free, at least.

shadowicewolf Proficient

:lol: using your sister as a test subject. There is a risk of selmenela (sp fail) with raw eggs regardless of how its raised....or so i've heard..

When i was younger, however, i would eat raw cake batter, pancake batter, muffin mix, etc.... i shouldn't talk... i really shouldn't.... I've just recently broke the habit though............

ummm yes....

:blink:

on another topic, my soup is cooking :D

Adalaide Mentor

I spent my whole weekend whining about how I was going to starve to death. I think I'm over my temper tantrum now that I've called a half a billion dairies and found milk.

Tonight was brown sugar baked acorn sqaush, fried potatoes with rosemary and honey balsalmic vinagrette chicken breasts with a nettle tea latte. Iodine? Who needs the crap?

Adalaide Mentor

Tonight is pulled pork on arepas. I'm sure I'll think of a vegetable between now and supper. Or mabye not, I don't really feel like cooking and I already have to make the arepas. They're made of corn, that counts as a vegetable right? I need to hit the store this afternoon and see if there is any milk left and maybe I'll just have a little tomato soup with dinner.

I guess I need to start planning ahead. The store only gets milk deliveries on Tuesdays so I can't exactly just run out for milk whenever it makes me happy. I'll have to just go buy 3 or 4 gallons at once. I can't touch the gallon I have until tomorrow, it's just about ready to skim so I can make butter.

Persei V. Enthusiast

Sweet potato chips and corn couscous. Tummy is incredibly upset... Really, I have to put in my head I can't eat too much of anything /head desk

love2travel Mentor

Just got back from our wonderful trip. The food was amazing as always.

Tonight I am having a big ol' helping of chili I made a few days ago. The cornbread I made will go very well with it - it contains corn, ham, scallions... So will the roasted cumin and lime sweet potato fries.

IrishHeart Veteran

Just got back from our wonderful trip. The food was amazing as always.

Tonight I am having a big ol' helping of chili I made a few days ago. The cornbread I made will go very well with it - it contains corn, ham, scallions... So will the roasted cumin and lime sweet potato fries.

O thank the Goddess, the heavens and all that watches over us crazy humans....LOVE2TRAVEL is back!!

hallelujiah!!! and pop the cork on the champagne!!

(okay, truth is, I emailed her and BEGGED....please tell me you are back from vacation and report on your culinary adventures because we all need a lift!) whoohoo!! :D