This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Adalaide Mentor

Wednesday when I was trolling around I noticed no one had posted for THREE WHOLE DAYS!!!. I was like, this would never have been allowed to happen if love2travel was home. We're all happy to have you back!

Tonight I used up all my energy making butter, so just leftover pork and apple cole slaw.

Well, I suppose that's half a lie about how I used up all my energy. I went shopping for new jeans that fit. I need to figure out how to appropriately fit whole milk into my diet now though since I can't buy 2% raw milk before I just blow right back up like a hippo.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

I have gone "primal" now--- to try and alleviate inflammation, so I made:

Roasted pork loin

Garlicky sweet potato fries

Spinach salad

shadowicewolf Proficient

i heard that 2% is better for ya because your body digests it better than nonfat. Don't know if its true or not. I drink 2%.

at any rate, leftovers for me.

kareng Grand Master

i heard that 2% is better for ya because your body digests it better than nonfat. Don't know if its true or not. I drink 2%.

at any rate, leftovers for me.

I think the opposite might be true. But if you need calories, whole milk is even better., Its still only 4% fat.

We are having Minksys pizza tonight. I'm having "Nature's Choice" -Artichoke hearts, zucchini, green peppers, mushrooms and onions, topped with sliced tomatoes and slivered almonds.

Lisa Mentor

Seasonal for us.... and fresh from the Sound - Baked Rock Fish (Stripped Bass) covered with bacon with roasted potatoes, carrotts, onions and celery.

Everything is better with bacon! :D

kareng Grand Master

Seasonal for us....

Everything is better with bacon! :D

And its always in season!

Lisa Mentor

And its always in season!

You got it girl! :rolleyes: We went to our local restaurant last night and a friend ordered a side of bacon - he got it and I ate half. :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

You got it girl! :rolleyes: We went to our local restaurant last night and a friend ordered a side of bacon - he got it and I ate half. :huh:

Do not tell my son - who has a t shirt ' If bacon grew on trees, I would be a vegetarian" that you can get a side of bacon at dinner, too!

IrishHeart Veteran

I have never met anyone who did not like bacon. Really.

Bacon is yummy.

GottaSki Mentor

Ahhhhhh,,,bacon -- I think I'd be shot if I stopped the flow of bacon to my men! Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and snacks - there is no bad time for BACON :P

"Bibity Bopity Baaacon!"

Adalaide Mentor

Milk is complicated for me right now because of iodine. I found an organic farm that sells whole raw milk I can safely have. The issue is I'm jumping from 2% to full fat milk so it's a calorie increase so I'm worried about my new jeans staying a good fit! I'll figure it out. Supper was super yummy.

MMMMM!!!!!! Bacon!! I can't wait to start having bacon again. I need to find an organic pig farm now that makes bacon that's safe for me.

IrishHeart Veteran

"Bibity Bopity Baaacon!"

:lol:

We loved the time Red had to stop eating bacon on "That 70s Show "and Eric kept eating it in front of him and taunting him with it..."mm,,,ba-con"--emphasis on the second syllable, as if he were French.

Thanks to all this bacon chatter, tonight's dinner:

Maple mustard chicken thighs with carmelized onion and BACON.

Baked acorn squash

we'll skip the side of bacon with dinner (as we are also having bacon in the crustless quiche cups for lunch).

Oink.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Roast chicken and all the veg. I'm wondering now about adding bacon on top ;)

Lisa Mentor

I'm wondering now about adding bacon on top ;)

Sound like a wonderful idea!

IrishHeart Veteran

Roast chicken and all the veg. I'm wondering now about adding bacon on top ;)

Do it! Do it! Ba-con! Ba-con! (just a little bit o'yankee peer pressure, MW....)

All I can think of is Lord of the Flies now.....

shadowicewolf Proficient

OH i wish i could eat bacon without it biting me :(

I think i'll have some pasta tonight..... its been a while :lol:

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Oh no, I'm gonna have to cave... Baaaacoonnn :o

GottaSki Mentor

Oh no, I'm gonna have to cave... Baaaacoonnn :o

no, no, no

repeat after me

"OH Yes! I am eating baaaacon" :D

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

You guys are a bad influence.

love2travel Mentor

No bacon here tonight, darn it! <_< But I made some superb creamy chicken and rice soup. Will also be making sauteed mushrooms with sherry glaze. And some more cornbread from last night.

IrishHeart Veteran

You guys are a bad influence.

:ph34r: come to the dark side, Luke....there's Baa-Con!!!!

I forgot to add---- I made a dessert

Elana Amsterdam's Pumpkin Bars

IrishHeart Veteran

No bacon here tonight, darn it! <_< But I made some superb creamy chicken and rice soup. Will also be making sauteed mushrooms with sherry glaze. And some more cornbread from last night.

Those sherried mushrooms are just ridiculously good aren't they?

(I just pictured Shroomie with a glass of sherry in her hand...but I digress. Must be ba-con head)

So happy to see you "home" and sharing your drool -worthy menu once more..

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

:ph34r: come to the dark side, Luke....there's Baa-Con!!!!

I forgot to add---- I made a dessert

Elana Amsterdam's Pumpkin Bars

Are they good? Was thinking about doing that with butternut squash today!

IrishHeart Veteran

Are they good? Was thinking about doing that with butternut squash today!

I'll taste one for you right now..they should be cool....hold on, kiddo............

mmmff sorry mouf full....Yes ma'am!!. :) moist, sweet, yummy. I'd go for it, Bunz, Let me know how it is with squash.

Persei V. Enthusiast

I had... Pizza!!111!!1Onety-one.

Ok, the crust looked and tasted like a giant round cracker, because it didn't grow and became fluffy like actual pizza, though it tasted well enough and it wasn't bad to eat. It just didn't feel like pizza. But it's gluten free and dairy-free, not to mention the healthiest thing I could find, so it's definitely a treat I will keep in my pantry.