This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Adalaide Mentor

I didn't feel particularly great yesterday, I've been getting that run down feeling and last night it finally bit me. I think I just have some random bug or another. Thankfully I did the whole turkey thing on Saturday and got it all stored up early so I was set for this I guess. Mashing up some squash tonight and a very little turkey on the side with some ginger ale and bitters. At least tomorrow is a day to do nothing for me. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Think I might be the odd one out over the pond today!

Beef stew with red wine and winter vegetables, in crockpot as we speak.

Just had a severe weather warning, storm to hit in the next hour. Attempting to get Mr Mw and son home before it comes then stay home cosy.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Extra special wishes to those of you adding birthday cake to the menu (or maybe cocktails). You know who you are :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Just had a severe weather warning, storm to hit in the next hour. Attempting to get Mr Mw and son home before it comes then stay home cosy.

Extra special wishes to those of you adding birthday cake to the menu (or maybe cocktails). You know who you are :)

;) it's birthday apple pie and champagne, sweets... and TY xxoo

"Stay home cosy"--that sounds perfect. (hope the storm is not too bad)

Guess what we are having today?

Bacon!! naw, just kidding.

A traditional thanksgiving dinner and tomorrow...yes, encores.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Mmm apple pie. Maybe Mr Mw fancies a bit of baking when he gets home...

Have a great one x

love2travel Mentor

Me, too. Our Thanksgiving was ages ago. We are having similar to you - I am brasing beef in red wine et.al. for rich, luxuriant Beef Burgundy. We will have buttery whipped potatoes with sizzling mustard seeds and steamed broccoli. No dessert for us - we've been bad. ;)

To my U.S. friends, have the happiest of Thanksgivings! :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Maybe Mr Mw fancies a bit of baking when he gets home...

oo lala is that what you call it over there..."baking"??

IrishHeart Veteran

No dessert for us - we've been bad. ;)

no comment ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cavernio Enthusiast

Black bean quesedilla's with mushrooms and probably will try spreading some avocado in lieu of daiya fake cheese.

love2travel Mentor

no comment ;)

Leave it to you to notice! :P

love2travel Mentor

oo lala is that what you call it over there..."baking"??

:lol: What's it called where you live, IH?

Who cares what it's called as long as you've got some

:o ?

IrishHeart Veteran

Leave it to you to notice! :P

not much gets by me, toots

:lol: What's it called where you live, IH?

fun

(I almost said bacon to see if anyone is paying attention)

Who cares what it's called as long as you've got some

:o ?

amen to that, sister

now, I have to go do some "baking"......

love2travel Mentor

not much gets by me, toots

fun

(I almost said bacon to see if anyone is paying attention)

amen to that, sister

now, I have to go do some "baking"......

...and I am going to cook me some bacon...

IrishHeart Veteran

...and I am going to cook me some bacon...

;) gotcha .......Alberta sizzles

jerseyangel Proficient

Happy Thanksgiving all:). I was up to my elbows in bacon yesterday--cooked up a bunch for the GPS and nibbled on it the whole time I was making the sauce.

Enjoy!!

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I'm having gluten-free pumkin pie and roasted veggies.......that's what I'm taking to sister's house. I've been reacting to something off and on for a week now and I'm not feeling so well today.

love2travel Mentor

;) gotcha .......Alberta sizzles

...even when it hits -26C which is in the forecast in a few days. BLECH! But we have our special ways of keeping nice and toasty. ^_^

sora Community Regular

Daughter's request, loose cooked ground beef with mushroom soup gravy over rice and corn.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I could use some bacon... or baking.... :ph34r:

GottaSki Mentor

Turkey Enchiladas with cilantro/green salsa/garlic/cream sauce for the family

Turkey with pumpkin sauce over spaghetti squash for me

shadowicewolf Proficient

no bacon in this ones fridge. It kills meh (GERD loves it).

sammich with asparagus... me thinks thats somewhat balanced.

sora Community Regular

Ham and maple baked beans, salad.

IrishHeart Veteran

I could use some bacon... or baking.... :ph34r:

;)

well, guys I have had enough turkey, so Chebe Pizza tonight with garlic oil, shallots, BACON! and 3 cheeses.and champagne (still celebrating birthday week) why not? I'm alive! I'm alive!

and still baking....

jerseyangel Proficient

We are meeting friends at PF Changs so no cooking or dishes tonight! :).

LTT, was it you who said how good the Glutino Genius bread was? Tried it today and you were so right. Puts everything I've tried so far to shame.

love2travel Mentor

We are meeting friends at PF Changs so no cooking or dishes tonight! :).

LTT, was it you who said how good the Glutino Genius bread was? Tried it today and you were so right. Puts everything I've tried so far to shame.

That bread is good, isn't it? It and the new Kinnickinnik soft breads are my favourite commercial breads. Worthy of sandwiches and larger than a dime! :D