This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

love2travel Mentor

Greek this evening:

- Avgolemongo Soup

- Garlic, Rosemary and Lemon Lamb Chops (seared, then finished in oven to medium)

- Lemon Oregano Roasted Potatoes

- Greek Salad (the real thing - no lettuce in sight!)

No bacon...sigh...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight we are having roasted garlic and mozzarella sausage with potatoes.

Adalaide Mentor

;)

well, guys I have had enough turkey, so Chebe Pizza tonight with garlic oil, shallots, BACON! and 3 cheeses.and champagne (still celebrating birthday week) why not? I'm alive! I'm alive!

and still baking....

You should have champagne cake. Just one more way to enjoy the good stuff. :D

Last night I made rice sort of successfully. It wasn't burnt or undercooked, or both at the same time! It is mildly overcooked but that is at least progress. So, orange chicken tonight to use it all up because by God we'll eat what I didn't ruin. :lol: If I feel super ambitious while I'm in the kitchen I might also make myself some muddy buddies with my coconut butter instead of peanut butter.

GottaSki Mentor

We are still in turkey mode -- a 24 pound bird's carcass takes nearly as much fridge space as he did before Turkey Day. So tonight is turkey soup -- only have to leave out the tomato and wide noodles for my share --- and loads of leftover to freeze :)

Rare crusty gluten filled bread for hubby - Schar's french bread for kids. I'll smell hubby's and live vicariously - nope I've never been glutened by smelling something B)

Chocolate Mousse Like Substance for dessert :D

shadowicewolf Proficient

sweet potato for me... no energy to do any major cooking.

sora Community Regular

Ham, bacon :D and navy bean soup.

GottaSki Mentor

Rib Eye Steaks, Brussel Sprouts and Butternut Squash Fries

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Bacon cheeseburgers on Udi buns and maple baked beans.

kareng Grand Master

Steak, salad, fancy purple rice and more pie!

Lisa Mentor

Last night we had steamed oysters in the garage and butter bean soup (lima's to yous yanks) in the kitchen with friends. :D Tonight we had the left over oysters in the Rockerfeller mode with a ceasar salad.....almost better than last night. :P

Adalaide Mentor

Last night we had steamed oysters in the garage and butter bean soup (lima's to yous yanks) in the kitchen with friends. :D Tonight we had the left over oysters in the Rockerfeller mode with a ceasar salad.....almost better than last night. :P

OMG... you said a swear!!!

I postponed my tacos until tomorrow. I wasn't thinking and had a cup of OJ with my orange chicken last night forgetting that I am supposed to be limited my citrus. Oops, half blind. I'll be right as rain by morning but not up to fumbling around the kitchen tonight. I let my husband grill steak.

IrishHeart Veteran

Hope your eyes are better, Addy.

Turkey and wild rice soup.....and whoohoo!...... that's the last of the blasted turkey.

I "encored" that thing to death.

IrishHeart Veteran

CK4761.webp

This tee shirt was in a catalog my mother gets.

GottaSki Mentor

Our bird is still giving - had one night off to give my men red meat to prevent a major revolt - tonight will be Turkey and Waffles for these California Kids - turkey soup encore for me.

kareng Grand Master

Finishing up the dark meat from our smoked turkey (everyone ate all the white meat). Making a crockpot bean and smoked turkey soup that cleaned up the encore celery & red pepper sticks in the fridge, too. Got this recipe/list of ingredients from Jestgar.

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight we are having bbq pork chops, mac n cheese and sauteed brussel sprouts :)

Persei V. Enthusiast

Bean soup with pieces of grilled chicken breast.

The grain-free diet is working, but several food trialings in the past several weeks didn't work out and I took one step back instead of moving forward.

mushroom Proficient

Sweet potato, carrot and pumpkin soup, with spices and coconut milk, toasted baguette and green salad

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Bean soup with pieces of grilled chicken breast.

The grain-free diet is working, but several food trialings in the past several weeks didn't work out and I took one step back instead of moving forward.

Well, quit it then! :P

love2travel Mentor

Sweet and Spicy Peanut Vermicelli Noodles

Steamed Asparagus with Toasted Pine Nut Browned Butter

Adalaide Mentor

I had some spaghetti sauce laying around my fridge and my husband found poison nuggets at the store so he had his chicken and I had pasta and a salad... with CROUTONS! My first in a year, they were so heavenly. I think I had more croutons than salad in my bowl. :lol:

GottaSki Mentor

Men had take out.

I had Turkey Soup Trifecta - does that sound better than leftovers of leftovers? Second Encore? Encore Re-do? Leftover 2.0?

ok..I had Turkey Soup again.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Not saying. Everything looks pitiful after whatever love2travel is having :(

Just joking!! Haven't decided yet only just got back in the house after drain problems.

Any time you want to pop by though :) ...

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

I like encore 2.0

IrishHeart Veteran

Last night, I tried a new recipe.

Savory Butternut Squash Souffle. It even had bacon in it.

I thought it would be delish. What can go wrong with fresh veggies, savory herbs, eggs, bacon?

BLECH. Not a keeper.

Tonight: Chicken thighs, roasted asparagus, acorn squash