This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

... with CROUTONS! My first in a year, they were so heavenly. I think I had more croutons than salad in my bowl. :lol:

I am so happy for you! Nothing like "getting a food back"!! yaaay!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

love2travel Mentor

Not saying. Everything looks pitiful after whatever love2travel is having :(

Just joking!! Haven't decided yet only just got back in the house after drain problems.

Any time you want to pop by though :) ...

:lol: You'll have to come over with the others as long as you are fit to do some physical work (i.e. shoveling all this snow!). Then I'll cook up something spectacular for your efforts! :D

BTW, one of our goals here is to inspire one another - so, we can inspire each other with what we can cook though we have restrictions. Just goes to show we can eat as well or BETTER than most! :)

love2travel Mentor

Fresh local plump Italian sausages with sweet and sticky glaze

Red wine braised lentils with...ready for it?...bacon!

"Melted" leeks (braised in ghee and white wine)

I am also making boule bread this morning. It will be great with my homemade raspberry jam.

love2travel Mentor

Last night, I tried a new recipe.

Savory Butternut Squash Souffle. It even had bacon in it.

I thought it would be delish. What can go wrong with fresh veggies, savory herbs, eggs, bacon?

BLECH. Not a keeper.

Tonight: Chicken thighs, roasted asparagus, acorn squash

Weird - your description of the squash must have sounded great for you to make it. Sometimes food combinations just don't work! :wacko:

IrishHeart Veteran

Weird - your description of the squash must have sounded great for you to make it. Sometimes food combinations just don't work! :wacko:

The recipe sounded so good--so I printed it out.

Local farmer still has so many squashes, I was looking for a different way to spotlight them.

That one did NOT work. Bland--and the texture, um, well...not so palatable. ..ah well, maybe it was "lost in translation"

To paraphrase Julia "you can't be afraid to make mistakes in the kitchen" :)

Live, learn, move on. Next experiment....carrot souffle....

kareng Grand Master

The recipe sounded so good--so I printed it out.

Local farmer still has so many squashes, I was looking for a different way to spotlight them.

That one did NOT work. Bland--and the texture, um, well...not so palatable. ..ah well, maybe it was "lost in translation"

To paraphrase Julia "you can't be afraid to make mistakes in the kitchen" :)

Live, learn, move on. Next experiment....carrot souffle....

was this the recipe you sent me right before Thanksgiving? I almost made it for Thanksgiving! :o

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Was there a cabana boy needed looking after, I heard? Or I could repair the split seams on all your muumuus?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

was this the recipe you sent me right before Thanksgiving? I almost made it for Thanksgiving! :o

NO!! the one I sent you is the carrot souffle--it is awesome. Tested and true!

This butternut squash one was from a paleo website.

love2travel Mentor

Was there a cabana boy needed looking after, I heard? Or I could repair the split seams on all your muumuus?

Too funny! :lol: You're in.

My seams are already splitting. Man, I was such a good girl but lately I've been baking up some fattening things. Each time I walk by them they practically leap into my mouth so I can't help it! :rolleyes:

IrishHeart Veteran

Hey, lady....you are taking all the "good jobs" !

love2travel Mentor

Hey, lady....you are taking all the "good jobs" !

Irish, maybe we should force her to do the butchering and resulting clean-up duties. Cabana boy indeed... :lol:

Persei V. Enthusiast

I have fish for dinner... With my lovely sweet potato fries and onion "noodles" (just slices of onions sautéed until soft).

Going to try introducing squash to my diet, because I see it around a lot... As soon as my intestines are back on track from trying out carob (it didn't work out) and walnuts (also didn't work out). At least I had a chocolate smoothie this morning with flaxseed flour that turned out great... This leaky guy is def killing me.

shadowicewolf Proficient

me thinks a sweet potato might be in order for me....

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

I offered to load the dishwasher a few pages ago... And I don't mind sharing jobs :)

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I offered to load the dishwasher a few pages ago... And I don't mind sharing jobs :)

Second dibs on the cabana boy. :ph34r:

mushroom Proficient

I will unload the dishwasher and be a slaughter observer (used to be good at that as a kid, haven't tried it lately) but you need strength to cut a throat, you need some OJ ;) so to speak. Oh, and I will stir whatever needs stirring while LTT is busy doing something else --- and no, I will NOT stir THAT! - that doesn't need stirring.

Oh, and we all must be given a guided tour of the pantry!!!

Adalaide Mentor

I'm pretty sure that where there is THAT MUCH snow to be shoveled all of the time, there is no need for cabana boys. But if we're getting one for no reason, we may as well get enough to go around. B)

I have no clue what is for supper. I actually cooked for lunch so maybe I'll just have leftover arepas and a salad. Or something. I'm sure it'll all figure itself out before I starve to death.

GottaSki Mentor

I'm pretty sure that where there is THAT MUCH snow to be shoveled all of the time, there is no need for cabana boys. But if we're getting one for no reason, we may as well get enough to go around. B)

Iin the Summer our cabana boys will have that much more time to spritz us with water and provide massages while we lounge around our pool after our group aqua arobics - drifting off into daydream - can no longer remember what's for dinner ;)

love2travel Mentor

I will unload the dishwasher and be a slaughter observer (used to be good at that as a kid, haven't tried it lately) but you need strength to cut a throat, you need some OJ ;) so to speak. Oh, and I will stir whatever needs stirring while LTT is busy doing something else --- and no, I will NOT stir THAT! - that doesn't need stirring.

Oh, and we all must be given a guided tour of the pantry!!!

An observer, eh? Not actual butchery? It may sound morbid but I actually enjoy butchery - not slaughter itself (did that as a kid with chickens, etc. on the farm) but the anatomy/cuts of animals/birds intrigue me. I'm pretty good at breaking down a chicken and knowing what cuts go best with what cooking method and the internal temperatures. People whom I cook for tell me no one else does meats/poultry like me! But it has taken lots of reading and practice. ;)

Maybe we'll get you to stir the polenta for about an hour...in Paris a month ago I was at a cooking class and we were making the best creamy polenta I've had in my life. It was chock full of cream and tons of butter and Parmesan (I took about 982 Lactaid first).

love2travel Mentor

An observer, eh? Not actual butchery? It may sound morbid but I actually enjoy butchery - not slaughter itself (did that as a kid with chickens, etc. on the farm) but the anatomy/cuts of animals/birds intrigue me. I'm pretty good at breaking down a chicken and knowing what cuts go best with what cooking method.

Maybe we'll get you to stir the polenta for about an hour...in Paris a month ago I was at a cooking class and we were making the best creamy polenta I've had in my life. It was chock full of cream and tons of butter and Parmesan (I took about 982 Lactaid first).

An observer, eh? Not actual butchery? It may sound morbid but I actually enjoy butchery - not slaughter itself (did that as a kid with chickens, etc. on the farm) but the anatomy/cuts of animals/birds intrigue me. I'm pretty good at breaking down a chicken and knowing what cuts go best with what cooking method.

Iin the Summer our cabana boys will have that much more time to spritz us with water and provide massages while we lounge around our pool after our group aqua arobics - drifting off into daydream - can no longer remember what's for dinner ;)

If you come here, just remember that our summers are about 20 minutes long. Or are you talking about our "dream" location? Because if that is so, we do need a pool and all that goes with it! ^_^

ETA: What on earth happened to my responses? Weird. :huh:

Edited by love2travel
love2travel Mentor

I have no clue what is for supper. I actually cooked for lunch so maybe I'll just have leftover arepas and a salad. Or something. I'm sure it'll all figure itself out before I starve to death.

We will be shoveling yet again tomorrow. The snow ploughs are on our street this very minute, actually. Usually they wait until about January until we have a lot of snow built up but this year the snow came early - five weeks ago - and it has stayed. This will be the longest winter ever! Maybe the snow plough guys are really cabana boys in disguise!

kareng Grand Master

Perhaps cabana boys can shovel snow?

Adalaide Mentor

We will be shoveling yet again tomorrow. The snow ploughs are on our street this very minute, actually. Usually they wait until about January until we have a lot of snow built up but this year the snow came early - five weeks ago - and it has stayed. This will be the longest winter ever! Maybe the snow plough guys are really cabana boys in disguise!

Oh, if you're in charge of ordering you can be sure to count me for one of those big buff ones. I'll even take pale and blond if you have them there. Heck, I may even be inspired to find the energy to shovel sidewalks if I can watch them go by all day. I'm on my way!!! I suddenly don't care what is for supper.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I'll take a 5'10" - 6' footer, thick, bearded. Color combinations are of no matter. :D

Preferably with some training so we can spar....

love2travel Mentor

Perhaps cabana boys can shovel snow?

Can they ever! I mean, I have no idea... ^_^