This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

love2travel Mentor

I'll take a 5'10" - 6' footer, thick, bearded. Color combinations are of no matter. :D

Preferably with some training so we can spar....

This is too good! I'll see what I can do... :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

I am sure I told this story of my time on St. John...I was 34....a cabana boy (a gorgeous mocha man) ran up and down the beach all day long

(he was tireless) singing "COcktails, COckTails"....I ordered as many as I could without barfin.... just to see him running...those thighs, that back....er. oh...

but I digress.

Look..... cabana boys bring us drinks, not matter the weather.

We may ... er, no...wait.... Sylvia will.....have to shovel. She can do it. She's sturdier than she says she is. .

Love 2 cooks!...we help... as she asks.

Mindwarpster loads the dishwasher, the rest of us....eat, drink, watch, drool .. ( Yo! Bunz, take yer hands off the cabana boy...learn to share....)

Agreed? Now, what the hell is for dinner? :lol:

shadowicewolf Proficient

i'll take the snow if ya don't want it and you can have this above average temps....

love2travel Mentor

i'll take the snow if ya don't want it and you can have this above average temps....

Gladly. But only for a few days because I don't do well with heat! Before I commit, what kind of temps are we talking about? ;)

mushroom Proficient

I think we got us a willing snow shoveler - heck, maybe she luvs it so much we won't even have to feed her - it'll be too warm for Shadow inside anyway. And we can free up the cabana boys (glad you described what they are, IH :D ) for other duties. They can run up and down stairs (you do have stairs don't you? Love?)

shadowicewolf Proficient

50s and 60s. This weekend may hit 70.... I can't tolerate the heat very well either.

I love shoveling snow. Its not uncommon when i'm at home to see me shoveling without a jacket on :lol: I just get too warm when i'm out doing it.

GottaSki Mentor

I count three with heat issues including me - yay I won't be alone in the snow while the snowbirds bug out.

Dinner was I'm scared to say it -- Turkey Soup for me.

The men had Spaghetti with ground chicken pasta sauce and salad.

I did make a wonderful blunder today...tried altering my chocolate mousse type substance to a vanilla pudding ts -- I used a bit too much almond milk so it didn't set -- threw the custard cups in the freeze and I have something very close to very rich vanilla ice cream - I think I've gone to heaven! This almost makes up for lack-o-bacon-itis - ALMOST ;)

I scream, you scream, we all scream for.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I count three with heat issues including me - yay I won't be alone in the snow while the snowbirds bug out.

Dinner was I'm scared to say it -- Turkey Soup for me.

The men had Spaghetti with ground chicken pasta sauce and salad.

I did make a wonderful blunder today...tried altering my chocolate mousse type substance to a vanilla pudding ts -- I used a bit too much almond milk so it didn't set -- threw the custard cups in the freeze and I have something very close to very rich vanilla ice cream - I think I've gone to heaven! This almost makes up for lack-o-bacon-itis - ALMOST ;)

I scream, you scream, we all scream for.....

Bacon? :ph34r:

Dinner! Curry spiced boneless chicken thighs, fried apples, sauteed zucchini.

kareng Grand Master

Hub's birthday so I made lasagna and brownies with Carmel bits in them and vanilla ice cream.

love2travel Mentor

I think we got us a willing snow shoveler - heck, maybe she luvs it so much we won't even have to feed her - it'll be too warm for Shadow inside anyway. And we can free up the cabana boys (glad you described what they are, IH :D ) for other duties. They can run up and down stairs (you do have stairs don't you? Love?)

:lol: Maybe she will be so busy shoveling she won't notice the kitchen activity. More food for us! We have just enough stairs to keep the boys busy running to and from the downstairs deep freezers, showing off their brawn. May I request one intellectual boy at least for intelligent conversation? :P Wait a minute - where is my husband in all this?? ^_^

love2travel Mentor

50s and 60s. This weekend may hit 70.... I can't tolerate the heat very well either.

I love shoveling snow. Its not uncommon when i'm at home to see me shoveling without a jacket on :lol: I just get too warm when i'm out doing it.

The first 20 times shoveling are ok but when it goes and on and on and on for at least six months it becomes rather tedious, especially when we have nowhere left to pile the snow (shoveling onto 5 foot tall piles really isn't that much fun). At least we have a snowblower, though. And I may as well take advantage of my herniated discs now and then and not shovel!

GottaSki Mentor

Bacon? :ph34r:

Dinner! Curry spiced boneless chicken thighs, fried apples, sauteed zucchini.

Yep...bacon was my very last processed item -- counting the days until I start trialing foods again -- bacon first, eggs second -- or maybe bacon first, bacon second and bacon third?

OHHHHH....fried apples with vanilla ice cream ts :rolleyes:

shadowicewolf Proficient

I remember the winters in Montana. If it wasn't winter season, it was road construction season (no joke, warm as heck june-augustish/september, then here comes the snow. Then in march/aprilish, it goes from snow to cold rain). Oh how i miss it (don't miss having to go out in -30 f temps to get wood :blink: ).

love2travel Mentor

I remember the winters in Montana. If it wasn't winter season, it was road construction season (no joke, warm as heck june-augustish/september, then here comes the snow. Then in march/aprilish, it goes from snow to cold rain). Oh how i miss it (don't miss having to go out in -30 f temps to get wood :blink: ).

And just think - we live many hours north of Montana. At least you got a good taste of the cold! We used to have to milk cows in pitch blackness before school at -45F. The coldest temperature I have ever been in was -52F with windchill of -65F. And we STILL had to go to work as normal! :(

mushroom Proficient

And just think - we live many hours north of Montana. At least you got a good taste of the cold! We used to have to milk cows in pitch blackness before school at -45F. The coldest temperature I have ever been in was -52F with windchill of -65F. And we STILL had to go to work as normal! :(

I hope you had those poor cows in heated barns with heated cups :huh: My dad never made us milk the cows when it was snowing -- just as well, since I used to milk Moo out in the middle of the paddock wherever she happened to be, just took my stool and bucket along :D :D usually in bare feet until the day she kicked the bucket over and trod on my foot :unsure: But she gave the best milk which made the best butter :wub::) - wish I had some of that for dinner!

shadowicewolf Proficient

I was kept home if it was -30 out (school was still on of course, but it was too cold to be out in it and i'd have to walk a short distance to catch the bus). But that only happened a couple of times a winter. Still had to go take care of the horses though. I'd be on the water tank duty, boy that was difficult. One of the horses usually came and stood next to me if it was really windy out (he was such a sweetheart for doing that). The tanks had heaters but still... and then draining the hoses... :blink:

Honestly, I miss it.

Adalaide Mentor

:lol: Maybe she will be so busy shoveling she won't notice the kitchen activity. More food for us! We have just enough stairs to keep the boys busy running to and from the downstairs deep freezers, showing off their brawn. May I request one intellectual boy at least for intelligent conversation? :P Wait a minute - where is my husband in all this?? ^_^

If we send him out to shovel snow and the rest of the husbands too, they won't notice us spending all of our time drooling on the cabana boys. It is a brilliant plan!

Far too lazy for cooking tonight, I had a little extra pasta from last night that I heated up and threw together with some Classico and the rest of my fresh cheese from lunch. Finished off the night with three hours on the phone with my best girls and a steaming cup of what for simplicities sake I call hot chocolate. It's more like a drinking chocolate, I don't do that powdered crap any more. There is so much I can't have, what I can I'll have the good stuff thanks. Then, to offend everyone with finer taste buds I topped it with marshmallows instead of whipped cream because there is no such thing as too old for marshmallows. (Hey, at least I didn't use marshmallow snot!)

shadowicewolf Proficient

you mean fluff? Only time i used that stuff was when i'd make fudge. Elsewise, just gimmie a bag of marshmellows.

Adalaide Mentor

Fine.... fluff if you want to call it that. The jar does. But for some reason, when I was a small girl, I imagined a giant marshmallow sitting in a factory sneezing into jars. I like to just get a spoon sometimes and get a heap of it when I'm in the kitchen alone.

IrishHeart Veteran

but for some reason, when I was a small girl, I imagined a giant marshmallow sitting in a factory sneezing into jars.

:lol: :lol: I shall carry this image with me forever.

Thank you, Addy. xxoo

shadowicewolf Proficient

i'm thinking mac and cheese with a massive bowl of broccoli for dinner.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

My Mum just made us turkey, carrots, French beans broccoli and potatoes. Very kind, I spent the day in bed with a head cold.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Fine.... fluff if you want to call it that. The jar does. But for some reason, when I was a small girl, I imagined a giant marshmallow sitting in a factory sneezing into jars. I like to just get a spoon sometimes and get a heap of it when I'm in the kitchen alone.

I am of the opinion that fluff makes a better hot chocolate additive than marshmallows.

Marshmallows take too long to melt and then get stuck to your lip. Also, I don't even want

to know how your tiny little girl brain figured jam got into jars! :lol: :lol:

mushroom Proficient

Also, I don't even want to know how your tiny little girl brain figured jam got into jars! :lol: :lol:

That one's too easy - it was jammed in, of course :D

IrishHeart Veteran

. Also, I don't even want

to know how your tiny little girl brain figured jam got into jars! :lol: :lol:

.........Absolutely terrified to hear where 7 year old Addy thought jarred brown gravy came from :ph34r:

I am making

Veal Marsala

even though I am so tired from lack of sleep.

Seemed like a good idea a few hours ago.....