This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I think it's the teeth.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GottaSki Mentor

right on...perhaps he should be the chomping applause dude

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Reckon he has just found out he is going to join us while love2 is cooking. All those muumuus should wipe the smile of his face if you think he is a bit annoying :)

love2travel Mentor

I think it's the teeth.

Yes! That's what it is. He looks almost too pleased with himself. When I got up at 5:35 this morning I did not feel that enthused. <_<

love2travel Mentor

Tonight's dinner is Guatemalan Red Chicken Pepián. It is an involved recipe, covering two large pages of small print in my cookbook but it looks sublime and I love that sort of thing. As you know, I make nearly all my own condiments and things from scratch. This recipe involves making a wondrous Pepián blend which includes hard-to-get spices, green pumpkinseeds, sesame seeds, etc. and making annatto oil. Then you roast dried chiles, reconstitute, blend, fry with the spice blend. Oh, yes. While this is going on you poach the chicken so it is nice and tender. I am using peppercorns, juniper berries, a touch of demerara sugar and so on in my poaching liquid. Then you finish the sauce and ladle over the chicken, sort of akin to a mole sauce. As it the flavour is so intense I'll serve it with bay leaf-infused rice. Unsure of the side at the moment. Something light. Now this is my kind of cooking. ^_^

kareng Grand Master

Tonight's dinner is Guatemalan Red Chicken Pepián. It is an involved recipe, covering two large pages of small print in my cookbook but it looks sublime and I love that sort of thing. As you know, I make nearly all my own condiments and things from scratch. This recipe involves making a wondrous Pepián blend which includes hard-to-get spices, green pumpkinseeds, sesame seeds, etc. and making annatto oil. Then you roast dried chiles, reconstitute, blend, fry with the spice blend. Oh, yes. While this is going on you poach the chicken so it is nice and tender. I am using peppercorns, juniper berries, a touch of demerara sugar and so on in my poaching liquid. Then you finish the sauce and ladle over the chicken, sort of akin to a mole sauce. As it the flavour is so intense I'll serve it with bay leaf-infused rice. Unsure of the side at the moment. Something light. Now this is my kind of cooking. ^_^

Well.. I'm exhausted after reading that! tired.gif

love2travel Mentor

I LOVE that tired computer guy. He's too cute! And, well, exhausted.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

How about these clapping guys

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-024.gif

smiley-vault-misc-014.gif

And even creepier:

b0282.gif

GottaSki Mentor

How about these clapping guys

And even creepier:

yikes....creeeeeeepy

Edited to remove the creepsters

love2travel Mentor

That Bravo guy is truly disturbing. Didn't I see him the other day on TV being interviewed from prison?

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

The 'bravo' clapper looks like he's trying to slap you.

I like sleepy computer guy. Very appropriate..... ~snore~

Adalaide Mentor

Trustfall chicken. Yeah, its a real thing. So I got turned on to the website cookingcomically.com via a friend's facebook post. I happened to pick up a whole chicken at the store and just used it instead of legs. For the record, dissecting a whole chicken is not my idea of a good time at 7 in the morning.

shadowicewolf Proficient

No its not lol.

I had a sweet potato. My stomach was off today so i went with something on the plain and basic side :)

GottaSki Mentor

In & Out -- That's what a hamburger is all about :)

IrishHeart Veteran

That's me right now. zzzzz

NYC was fab. I'm exhausted.... and it was totally worth it to go and revive our anniversary tradition.

I walked for miles, SKI--and I am none the worse for wear. Rockettes, Santa, tons of people--what's not to like? I went in St. Patrick's and said some prayers of thanks that we "came out the other side" of these past crazy 5 years. There's a devotional to St. Anthony--he is the go-to guy for help with lost causes, I am told by my friend who knows these things. So, we had a chat about helping all of us heal and get well entirely and have no more pain. Worth a shot, right?

Dinner at Craft

Wellfleet oysters, arugula salad, duck with huckleberry sauce, potatoes gratin, sauteed chard and pumpkin creme brulee.

...and some ridiculously good booze.

When they brought the menu over, at the top, it said Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. IH

How did they know?

and yes, in retrospect, that overly-enthusiastic clapping guy is a bit much. :unsure:

Sorry, guys... :lol:

Karen, shoot him please.

kareng Grand Master

That's me right now. zzzzz

NYC was fab. I'm exhausted.... and it was totally worth it to go and revive our anniversary tradition.

I walked for miles, SKI--and I am none the worse for wear. Rockettes, Santa, tons of people--what's not to like? I went in St. Patrick's and said some prayers of thanks that we "came out the other side" of these past crazy 5 years. There's a devotional to St. Anthony--he is the go-to guy for help with lost causes, I am told by my friend who knows these things. So, we had a chat about helping all of us heal and get well entirely and have no more pain. Worth a shot, right?

Dinner at Craft

Wellfleet oysters, arugula salad, duck with huckleberry sauce, potatoes gratin, sauteed chard and pumpkin creme brulee.

...and some ridiculously good booze.

When they brought the menu over, at the top, it said Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. IH

How did they know?

and yes, in retrospect, that overly-enthusiastic clapping guy is a bit much. :unsure:

Karen, shoot him please.

misc-emoticon-0028.gif275.gif

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Noooooo he can come and live with me :)

IH so glad you had a good time, no one deserves it more (well maybe some of the good folks here too...)

Nice to have you back x

jerseyangel Proficient

Woah :o :o :o

Remind me never to mess with Karen! B):lol:

kareng Grand Master

Karen, shoot him please.

Woah :o :o :o

Remind me never to mess with Karen! B):lol:

Irish told me to do it!

Does that make me a " hired gun?" smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-073.gif

jerseyangel Proficient

Irish told me to do it!

Does that make me a " hired gun?"

I believe it makes you The Enforcer !!!

shadowicewolf Proficient

Beef soup me thinks will be for dinner. :)

IrishHeart Veteran

IH so glad you had a good time,

Nice to have you back x

Thanks so much, MW--I am feeling very grateful for the chance to do "normal things" again. Healing happens.Hang tough. xx

Irish told me to do it!

Does that make me a " hired gun?" smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-073.gif

Actually, it makes you a little frightening, girlfriend.

Now, "leave the gun and take the cannoli."

if you know what movie that's from, you get a free pound of bacon.

Has anyone ever seen this BACON BLOG called THE BACON SHOW?.

Posts a bacon recipe every single day. How cool is this?

http://baconshow.blogspot.com/

GottaSki Mentor

I get a free pound of bacon :)

Yay....just in time too -- making my first double batch of L2T's Bacon Jam today -- realized my secret stash of real maple syrup had been found and used up -- house should smell great today :)

Welcome Home IH! So wonderful to hear that you were kicking up your heals in grand style :D

IrishHeart Veteran

Yay....just in time too -- making my first double batch of L2T's Bacon Jam today -- realized my secret stash of real maple syrup had been found and used up -- house should smell great today :)

Welcome Home IH! So wonderful to hear that you were kicking up your heals in grand style :D

Thanks, Ski xxo

As it so happens, I am also making Bacon Jam today!!

I have had that recipe printed off for months and now, it is time.

I am using the slow cooker. Why? because I am lazy.

Later, we will be having

Beef Filets

Roasted sweet potatoes

and some other veggie as yet to be determined.

I still have to bake bread, too--we're out.

love2travel Mentor

How did your bacon jam turn out?