This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

Nothin' worse than a chilly cabana boy ;)

true dat, girfriend. ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

CK4691.webp

as the holiday approaches.....

this is on a tee shirt I saw...for real... :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

CK4691.webp

as the holiday approaches.....

Omg! <snort>

mushroom Proficient

Any hash browns to go with that?

notme Experienced

big-drooling-smiley-emoticon.gif

and you all thought the clapping guy with the big teeth was creepy.....drooly guy is worse.

hahaha!!!

IrishHeart Veteran

. I think if we averaged out the tree decorating I have at least 4 of you covered. And you don't have to clean up glitter for weeks :)

Nope, just pine needles until July :lol:

I just did something dumb. I wanted to edit my post and hit "Reply" instead. Oops-a-daisy! :blink:

been there done that. ....Replying to yourself is part of the "gluten free lifestyle"

Any hash browns to go with that?

one order of hash browns......coming up!

hahaha!!!

and there it is.....better late than never. Hi Notme!

okayl I have mastered the quadruple reply (thanks, guys for the tutorial) and now, it is time for bed. G'nite...and sweet dreams, all.

oh, and the tree? is still naked (for the love of mike, things got crazy today) and so,

we had eggs, bacon and grilled baguettes for supper.

GottaSki Mentor

No soda for me for past 15 months -- but will start with really good root beer - mexican coke after that!

Dinner was turkey soup - ya same batch from turkey numero uno - except i got to watch the grand kids slurping it up - my 3 year old asked if the noodles were gluten-free - God love this smart little chickadee :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

notme Experienced

hi, IH ! :) you are all so entertaining!

i have been out of the loop, so catching up again. y'all make me DROOOOL with all your great meal/meal ideas! got home on saturday night, loopy from the plane ride(s), husband made me:

butterflied shrimp with creamy wine sauce (prosciutto, mushrooms, garlic, shallots)

angel hair rice noodles

roasted brussels sprouts

sunday was church fellowship dinner - i made:

kind of a shepherd's pie haha it turned out good but it was like - i got chop meat, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, potatoes.. slapped some american cheese on the top and she was good to go!!

tonight:

egg salad sandwich that i will never eat without jalapeno jelly again. i could almost forgive the jalapeno plants for being so relentless!!

sooooo far behind with the Christmas coming full steam ahead i wanted to make the rbj :( but, alas, it will have to wait.....

lisa - creamy garlic yumminess i am going to have to try that too!

my polish not-mother mom turned me on to a short rib soup recipe that i am dying to try but got people migrating in starting on friday and still have a little shopping left to do. can't. wait. to. just. sit. still. :) and play with my food :D

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

I had a mixed greens salad with butternut cubes, caramelized apple slices, cranberries, walnuts, goat cheese, and sliced chicken. Dessert was chocolate and a marron glace.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Wow, the bacon t shirt is PERFECT for if the cabana boys get cold.

Lamb of some sort for dinner.

love2travel Mentor

I want to go to Per Se SO BAD.

Me, too. We rarely go to the U.S., though, but maybe should reconsider.

love2travel Mentor

We tried to get into French Laundry when we were in Napa in 2003. No chance--booked solid.

I want to go to CHEZ LOVE2TRAVEL so bad.

You really are too kind. No, really! ^_^

love2travel Mentor

We got in and had a fab meal - what a luxury to have the table for the evening, wander in the herb garden, peek in the back door of the kitchen.

But it would be even more of a luxury to eat a CHEZ LOVE2TRAVEL meal :) (in Croatia :lol: )

Yes! You are all invited. The weather there is slightly warmer than it is here (right now -21C plus windchill which is -30C).

love2travel Mentor

Oh, Shroom!!!! that sounds wonderful! I did have glorious meals in Napa, so I was not complaining, honest, but we did so wish to try it.Maybe next time we are in California. (SkiLisa , get ready)

And, I felt that way at LeBernadin and Aureole and Daniel and The Mark in NYC... we got to peek in the kitchen, go into the tasting room, view the wines and have a server float a new napkin onto my lap every single time I "moved"

Yes, we all need to experience LOVE2TRAVEL CROATIA --great name for a restaurant, eh?

(cuz if'n we all go to Alberta, we have to shovel ----and the cabana boys will be chilly )

You certainly will have to shovel. The snow is fairly...uh...deep. The poor boys - I'm trying my best to keep them warm with lovely vittles but they are growing restless. :ph34r:

Why, oh why did I not do a multi-quote rather than respond to about 983,671 posts individually? :huh:

IrishHeart Veteran

You certainly will have to shovel. The snow is fairly...uh...deep. The poor boys - I'm trying my best to keep them warm with lovely vittles but they are growing restless. :ph34r:

Why, oh why did I not do a multi-quote rather than respond to about 983,671 posts individually? :huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: you're adorable.

Dinner tonight:

Bison meatloaf with appropriate C and S (still thinking that one through)

Smashed potatoes

sauteed swiss chard

no "encore" Tiramisu left....I gave it to Elaine, the wonderufl PT/MT who takes care of me.

She said indignantly/jokingly "Hey, this piece is awfully small...." :lol: I blamed the hubs....

IrishHeart Veteran

except i got to watch the grand kids slurping it up - my 3 year old asked if the noodles were gluten-free - God love this smart little chickadee :)

Enjoy that slurping and those chickadees, Gramma!

can't. wait. to. just. sit. still. :) and play with my food :D

the thought of so many at this time of year...

I had a mixed greens salad with butternut cubes, caramelized apple slices, cranberries, walnuts, goat cheese, and sliced chicken. Dessert was chocolate and a marron glace.

sounds yummy

Wow, the bacon t shirt is PERFECT for if the cabana boys get cold.

I am sure they are warm...LOVE2TRAVEL keeps them fed and toasty, no doubt. They are not shoveling, apparently as she says the snow is up to her arse, so....no one can go anywhere .....she's got them doing SOMETHING....

Adalaide Mentor

I am sure they are warm...LOVE2TRAVEL keeps them fed and toasty, no doubt. They are not shoveling, apparently as she says the snow is up to her arse, so....no one can go anywhere .....she's got them doing SOMETHING....

If only we could all get there I am quite sure we could all find a way to keep those boys warm.

alex11602 Collaborator

We took out chicken thighs to do something with tonight, most likely baked with something on the side. That could be a problem though for my one rack oven, I want to make more thumbprint cookies since they are my absolute favorite (the ones I'm making this year just have flour, butter and cream cheese for the dough and are really tasty!!!)

So far I made chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, flourless peanut butter, brownies, thumbprints with raspberry jam, no bake and monster cookies. My freezer is FULL of cookies! This weekend I have to get the fudge done that I give for gifts and the Christmas molded jello (Santas and snowflakes and I think candy canes were part of the mold).

love2travel Mentor

If only we could all get there I am quite sure we could all find a way to keep those boys warm.

Hmmmm...wonder what we'll do? Oh, I know. Hot apple cider. -_-

love2travel Mentor

We took out chicken thighs to do something with tonight, most likely baked with something on the side. That could be a problem though for my one rack oven, I want to make more thumbprint cookies since they are my absolute favorite (the ones I'm making this year just have flour, butter and cream cheese for the dough and are really tasty!!!)

So far I made chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, flourless peanut butter, brownies, thumbprints with raspberry jam, no bake and monster cookies. My freezer is FULL of cookies! This weekend I have to get the fudge done that I give for gifts and the Christmas molded jello (Santas and snowflakes and I think candy canes were part of the mold).

Those cookies sound lovely. I haven't made any because of my...er...lack of willpower in that department. But I will be making Brazilian truffles and Fruit Pâtes - unsure of the flavour. Probably raspberry or apricot.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/raspberry-pate-de-fruit

IrishHeart Veteran

Hmmmm...wonder what we'll do? Oh, I know. Hot apple cider. -_-

..uh huh, I see....well, if that's what you wanna call it., sweetie ....(must be a Canadian expression...)

jerseyangel Proficient

We took out chicken thighs to do something with tonight

I did too......anyone got any fresh ideas?

love2travel Mentor

I did too......anyone got any fresh ideas?

Only about a million milling around my noggin. Are they boneless and/or skinless or naked?

love2travel Mentor

..uh huh, I see....well, if that's what you wanna call it., sweetie ....(must be a Canadian expression...)

IH, unsurprisingly you cracked the code. ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

Only about a million milling around my noggin. Are they boneless and/or skinless or naked?

Boneless, skinless