This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

jerseyangel Proficient

Pancakes and bacon for dinner tonight :)

Yum! We had that last night :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

This sounds SOOOOOOO good. Can't wait to get up and going again so I can do some serious cooking! Soon...

How you doing, hon?? any better?

sora Community Regular

Mac and cheese with broccoli.

IrishHeart Veteran

Mac and cheese with broccoli.

..whoa......and you managed to create that yumminess with snow up to yer arse and no cabana boys to shovel?

You ARE amazing. ;)

Persei V. Enthusiast

Tomato soup with shredded fish on it.

Also mum bought a pumpkin for me to try it out. I wish I could eat grains to make a fried pumpkin cake :/

IrishHeart Veteran

Tomato soup with shredded fish on it.

Also mum bought a pumpkin for me to try it out. I wish I could eat grains to make a fried pumpkin cake :/

Sweetie, you do not need grains to make a luscious pumpkin bread!

http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-pumpkin-bread/print/

Note: I did not use the stevia. and it was plenty tasty. Enjoy!

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Is there a good alternative to almond flour? My son is anaphylactic to almond, but they are in so much baking. I want the pumpkin bread :'(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Is there a good alternative to almond flour? My son is anaphylactic to almond, but they are in so much baking. I want the pumpkin bread :'(

sub in coconut flour?

same source--this woman is a gem

http://www.elanaspan.../coconut-flour/

Woo hoo, thanks IH.

Mr Mindwarp is our baker, so that gives me 3 days to source coconut flour as a 'treat' for him :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Woo hoo, thanks IH.

Mr Mindwarp is our baker, so that gives me 3 days to source coconut flour as a 'treat' for him :)

;) I know you are in the UK, otherwise, I'd give some advice for shopping sites..

Hope it works out for you and your boy, hon.

Adalaide Mentor

The good news is that my husband is finally entirely out of spaghetti sauce in the freezer. The bad news is that that left me with no clue what to make, I was left resorting to steak and beans. Poor us! :lol:

I'm not sure if I want to take on a new sauce recipe tomorrow or wait until after Christmas. I'm fighting a killer sinus infection and already need to make cookies.

sora Community Regular

Baked ham and scalloped potatoes with jack cheese and probably broccoli on the side.

GottaSki Mentor

bbq boneless pork ribs

cauliflower fried "rice"

steamed broccoli

simple tonight --- gearing up for three nights of family dinners --- our house is going to smell yummy :)

alex11602 Collaborator

Since I have been busy getting ready for Christmas my husband made beef cubes with noodles.

My daughter made chocolate fudge on her own today, so proud of her :) Tomorrow we are going to tackle homemade butter to go with the mini corn muffins that are giving to my parents as a gift.

I also made a cinnamon sugar exfoliating scrub to give as a gift, never again will I buy a sugar scrub again it was so easy to make!

GottaSki Mentor

Since I have been busy getting ready for Christmas my husband made beef cubes with noodles.

My daughter made chocolate fudge on her own today, so proud of her :) Tomorrow we are going to tackle homemade butter to go with the mini corn muffins that are giving to my parents as a gift.

I also made a cinnamon sugar exfoliating scrub to give as a gift, never again will I buy a sugar scrub again it was so easy to make!

sugar scrub...awesome gift idea for the ladies while I'm doling out redunculous (ih...sp?) bacon jam for the men :)

how?

Adalaide Mentor

sugar scrub...awesome gift idea for the ladies while I'm doling out redunculous (ih...sp?) bacon jam for the men :)

how?

Made up words do not require proper spelling. Please excuse my hasty exit before IH gets her hands on me for saying so. :ph34r:

alex11602 Collaborator

how?

I did about 2 cups of sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and baby oil to get the right consistency (I used about 2 oz.). Mix it all together and you're done. I had my daughter test it out for me on her hands when they get are horribly dry and it actually made her hands fairly smooth.

GottaSki Mentor

I did about 2 cups of sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and baby oil to get the right consistency (I used about 2 oz.). Mix it all together and you're done. I had my daughter test it out for me on her hands when they get are horribly dry and it actually made her hands fairly smooth.

wonderful....so much better than my normal mini-jar candles :)

Adalaide Mentor

I managed to make dinner tonight. Fried up some beef tips and hash browns. Miraculously I also managed to somehow wake up sicker today than yesterday after sleeping for 12 hours. I am, without a doubt, going to be spending Christmas sick. Sure beats spending it recovering from surgery! In my infinite wisdom though I forgot to list parchment paper on my shopping list and so I won't be making my cookies until Monday when I can go buy a pack. I'm going to cross my fingers that at least some of the vertigo will pass by then.

Spent the night hurling and D. No food shopping done, kids pressies not wrapped, carpets no longer recognize vacuum, 3 year old friends party later, not got present for DH yet.

Strangely still feel pretty optimistic though, although Mr Mindwarp is exhausted :-\

Dinner will probably be scrambled egg...

We are also just coming up to our 1 year leaving the city anniversary, so this time last year were trying to pack 8 years of junk with flu...

I am so much healthier, had a flu jab, kids happy by the coast, lots of new friends, doctor who knows very little about celiac, but listened and referred me on.

Then I found you guys.

I am truly blessed.

Merry Christmas all my lovelies <3

IrishHeart Veteran

Made up words do not require proper spelling. Please excuse my hasty exit before IH gets her hands on me for saying so. :ph34r:

Actually, if you are the one to "coin it", you get to determine how it is spelled. Through usage, any word can become part of the vernacular.(sadly)

Yet, some are pretty cool. And, I did not make up this word Redunkulous:

http://www.urbandict...erm=Redunkulous

Sorry you are feeling yucky, Addy and I hope you recover quickly. xx

This sounds fantastic, Alex! I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)

Spent the night hurling and D. No food shopping done, kids pressies not wrapped, carpets no longer recognize vacuum, 3 year old friends party later, not got present for DH yet.Strangely still feel pretty optimistic though...Then I found you guys.I am truly blessed.Merry Christmas all my lovelies <3

oh no, MW. sorry you are not feeling well, I agree with the "feeling blessed " Happy Christmas to you!

For the love of mike, what's going on, chickies?

LOVE2 is hurting, Addy is hurting, MW is hurting.... :unsure: Sending all loving and healing wishes to you and hoping you'll all rebound by Tuesday, if not sooner.

Dinner tonight:

Bison stuffed peppers

Baking today : a few flourless chocolate cakes for friends (redunkulously decadent )

and pecan bars, cheesecake and trying my hand at homemade truffles for my family to enjoy on Christmas Eve.

The RBJ is almost gone. I gave most of it away and I confess, I am hoarding the rest.

GottaSki Mentor

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself :)

House smells like Apple Blackberry Crumb Pie and it's made from ingredients I can eat (I did use 1/2 cup white sugar -- throwing caution to the wind today)

Merry Christmas to me :)

Oh....dinners with relies start tonight:

Leg o' Lamb

Mint Sauce

Scalloped Potatoes

Asparagus with Almond Slices

AND....wait for it.....

Apple Blackberry Crumb Pie -- A La Mode for my fam :)

Persei V. Enthusiast

Feeling like cr*ap because I have to go egg, seed and nut free for awhile. Still didn't gain dairy back, although I can eat some cheese once a week.

So steak and carrot puree seasoned with garlic, black pepper and olive oil it is.

IrishHeart Veteran

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself :)

House smells like Apple Blackberry Crumb Pie and it's made from ingredients I can eat (I did use 1/2 cup white sugar -- throwing caution to the wind today)

Merry Christmas to me :)

Oh....dinners with relies start tonight:

Leg o' Lamb

Mint Sauce

Scalloped Potatoes

Asparagus with Almond Slices

AND....wait for it.....

Apple Blackberry Crumb Pie -- A La Mode for my fam :)

Sounds like heaven to me. Enjoy, Ski XXOO

jerseyangel Proficient

Lisa, that pie sounds incredible ! Enjoy :)

Tonight, after being out all day, we had Tink spaghetti with Patsy's sauce and fresh Italian bread from the (gluten-free) bakery.

Now on to wrapping gifts....