This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

love2travel Mentor

oh, and I cannot have bacon either super-sad.gif

Bacon is SOOOOO last year and overrated. Sorry - I have a hard time lying. When do you get to have bacon? Did I miss something?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

love2travel Mentor

Hodge podging it tonight. This morning I made yummy crispy Herbes de Provence crackers that I sprinkled with Maldon sea salt. Then I made a Syrian roasted red pepper, pomegranate molasses, ground toasted almonds, etc. dip. So, am having that with encore Sriracha lime chicken wings thingers. Throwing in some celery and carrot sticks. How's that for an unplanned meal?? Too much back pain today to worry about something elaborate. Tomorrow is a different story, though...

GottaSki Mentor

Will be pulling into condo about dinner time - guessing that the boneless chicken or the premade carnitas are the best choices - hoping the turkey fully defrosts for tomorrow night - I'm hungry - 300 miles of farmland leaves lots of time for daydreaming of food!

alex11602 Collaborator

I broke out my daughter's Eat Like a Dinosaur cookbook and made the 50/50 bacon burgers and sweet potato fries out of it. Not missing the grains at all tonight!

IrishHeart Veteran

Bacon is SOOOOO last year and overrated. Sorry - I have a hard time lying. When do you get to have bacon? Did I miss something?

In a month or so. (..a few posts back I explained I had to cut out high histamine foods.)

I had lamb patty and hubs had sausages.

I had sweet potato and he had yukon golds.

We both had asparagus.

Someday soon, I hope we can both eat the same things once more. :unsure: what a pain in the arse this is.

love2travel Mentor

In a month or so. (..a few posts back I explained I had to cut out high histamine foods.)

I had lamb patty and hubs had sausages.

I had sweet potato and he had yukon golds.

We both had asparagus.

Someday soon, I hope we can both eat the same things once more. :unsure: what a pain in the arse this is.

Ah...I missed the high antihistamine foods thingers. For some reason for about a week I have not been receiving notifications of posts of those I am following so find I am missing a lot of stuff. Haven't had the time (or more accurately, haven't MADE the time) to look into this issue more (I posted about it on another thread already).

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I roasted a chicken! A whole one! And it's DELICIOUS. The internet really does

know everything! Hahahahahah!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

Hahahaha - you are always having such a good time, Ms. Bunnie!!! :) Well, the internet now knows you make delicious roast chicken, at least in your own estimation :P

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Good point, I may be entirely too easy to please. ;)

Marilyn R Community Regular

That is a big negative - but can call upon my regular men to handle it for us ;)

Sorry a lot again to respond so late, I was sick and am sparing you from the sordid details.

Feb 17. WPB, FL, bring on the cabana (or regurlar) boys & come on down, y'all.

GottaSki Mentor

Sorry a lot again to respond so late, I was sick and am sparing you from the sordid details.

Feb 17. WPB, FL, bring on the cabana (or regurlar) boys & come on down, y'all.

No apologies ever needed here - especially for feeling poorly - hope you are feeling better :)

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Hi all

made it back in, got shut out by some strange loop whereby I can log in on the PC but not my cell. Still not back on the cell, but at least I can sneak in here occassionally.

Last night was chicken, butternut squash, zucchini and mushrooms. I stirfried the alreadly cooked squash in with the other stuff - I love it like that, it kind of makes its own sauce. Lovely with pasta too (not that I get pasta for a while yet).

Down 2 belt holes so far, and gone from outside to inside hooks on my bra, so that seem to be working.

I'm surprised that Irish hasn't mentioned one of the key rules of the Whole30 - no SWYPO (Sex With Your Pants On). I had a sweet potato with coconut milk yesterday, and I think I was skirting preeeeety close to the boundaries there. :ph34r:

I am on a self imposed bacon ban, in addition to the no:

grain, dairy, legumes, sugar, white potatoes

I am also limiting fruit.I think I got me a great big ole sugar issue goin down here.....

I dod find a compliant proscuito last week, which makes me happy :rolleyes:

So, what kind of CHEESE are you all eating today? :o:unsure::(:angry::P

love2travel Mentor

Buttery Herbed Baby Hasselback Potatoes with Smoked Maldon Sea Salt

Swedish Meatballs with Lingonberry Gastrique

Garlic Roasted Swiss Chard

Homemade gluten-free Herbed Crackers with Syrian dip (see yesterday's explanation)

GottaSki Mentor

Turkey is roasting.

Men will mash taters - sweet for me

Peas for them - asparagus for me

Rocky road brownies mixed in vanilla bean ice cream for them

Super rich chocolate mousse for me.

Full day - beyond thankful :D

Adalaide Mentor

I was off the the doctor this evening. I love that they have evening appointments. Didn't feel much like cooking though, we broke out a jar of Christmas George and had some smashed taters and gravy. Yum! I was too busy doing 100 things to get my green beans cooking so I'll have some as a late night snack.

mushroom Proficient

Christmas George? Pray tell !!

Adalaide Mentor

We name our holiday things, like turkeys, hams, etc. Our Christmas ham was George. He was huge, and we canned his leftovers. On the lids I labeled him G F George 2012. In my head whenever I see them in the cold storage I hear it in the old GI Joe theme song sort of way. I know it is probably lame, but it brings us no end of amusement. Home canned meats also make aaahhhhmazing gravy!

mushroom Proficient

Oh, okay - George in a can :) I was thinking along the lines of George of the Jungle - watch out for that tree!!!!! What kind of canning equipment do you have???

Adalaide Mentor

I don't really have anything special. Just pots for boiling and the general stuff, funnels, thingers to pick jars in/out of water, a massive stockpile of rings and jars. I just do it the way my grammy did. My MIL's husband is obsessed with trying to get me to add preservatives to everything and to use his pressure canner. Nope, not interested. I just smile and nod and make snarky comments in my head.

mushroom Proficient

Oh, now see, when you talk about canning, I am thinking very literally..... like --- cans???? :lol: You are talking about what we call preserving when you are saying your American thingy (thinger) -- "canning". I am much too literal, methinks :blink:

love2travel Mentor

Baked Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Breasts (first marinated in a whole grainy mustard/red wine vinegar, etc. thinger)

Baby Herbed Hasselback Potatoes wth Fleur de Sel

Radishes in Homemade Chili Oil

Adalaide Mentor

Oh, now see, when you talk about canning, I am thinking very literally..... like --- cans???? :lol: You are talking about what we call preserving when you are saying your American thingy (thinger) -- "canning". I am much too literal, methinks :blink:

I sometimes don't think about the fact that when I'm online I'm not in my little bubble any more. This is a huge global community and even though I know exactly what I'm talking about I guess we all call stuff by different names so it can get confusing. Of course, I have this problem with my husband too so maybe its just me not making sense. :D

Tonight I burnt myself out in the kitchen. I haven't been happy with my shampoos/conditioners for a long time and finally said screw it. I am sick of going to a store, finding something I think I may like then jumping through 100 hoops to talk to a human about it. So I just made some. I did take the lazy way out and buy the castile soap, I can't be playing kitchen chemist with lye while taking care of my baby cousin. :ph34r: So we're having a lazy dinner, salads with grilled chicken and whatever bottled dressing I can find in a cupboard somewhere.

GottaSki Mentor

Road tripinspired "junk food"

Boneless chicken breasts breaded with the end of a bag of potato chips

Frozen French Fries

Frozen Corn with a hand full of cilantro - couldnt stand not adding something green to their plates

I had chicken breaded in a combo of almond &coconut flour along with a diced english cuc & touch red onion tossed with basil pesto

More brownies & ice cream for them and choc mousse for me

Fading fast - bed calling early....nightie-night all

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Hooray, the site finally let me back in :)

Dinner was a chicken stew, quarters cooked whole, cauliflower, carrots, canned toms tarragon.

I missed you guys!

IrishHeart Veteran

hello? hello? hello? ....anyone here?.....anyone here?.....anyone here?....

ecstatic-cat-jumping-smiley-emoticon.gif

where'd everybody go?

I'm making something new tonight.

Roasted butternut squash, apple and carmelized pizza (grain and cheese free)