This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GottaSki Mentor

Last day of whole30 today, and feeling great even though the time of the month is due :).

Tomorrow, cheese :) :). Oh, and weigh in...

Way to go CMw and IH too -- glad you are feeling better and hope "the time" comes and goes very quietly ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

Last day of whole30 today, and feeling great even though the time of the month is due :).

Tomorrow, cheese :) :). Oh, and weigh in...

Tonight's dinner:

I've got a Turkey breast on the rotisserie

spaghetti squash

maybe some peas for a change?

I am so proud of you, MW. ;) You never wavered once in your resolve. (you know I had to mix it up a bit when I had to delete the high histamine foods, but you supported me too!) and so, I am very excited for you that you have reached your goal.

You must need a new belt by now (you can only poke so many new holes in it)!

Good on you, girl!! whoohooo!

Do let me know how that cheese tastes!! (I still can't have that ) but I may have a bite of two of vanilla ice cream

GF Lover Rising Star

I'm using left over chicken that I Roasted yesterday and making chicken fettuccine Alfredo. Another of my favorite. Meals. And I got these garlic and herb bagel crisp things for the side. Then mixed fresh fruit for desert.

Yummers.

Colleen

shadowicewolf Proficient

Leftover soup. Today is a long school day, so no time to cook. It'll probably be better second day anyway.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Mmm I like 2nd day soups and stews.

Not sure about dinner yet, but nearly had chaos at kids teatime. We had their friends round, and I checked if there was ice cream in the freezer, did a big ' who wants ice creeeeeam?' only then to discover that it was in fact a very nice frozen stew in an old tub. Whoops. Yogurt is good, but not quite the same. Luckily they were all having fun and I got away with it...

IrishHeart Veteran

Mmm I like 2nd day soups and stews.

Not sure about dinner yet, but nearly had chaos at kids teatime. We had their friends round, and I checked if there was ice cream in the freezer, did a big ' who wants ice creeeeeam?' only then to discover that it was in fact a very nice frozen stew in an old tub. Whoops. Yogurt is good, but not quite the same. Luckily they were all having fun and I got away with it...

Whew...that could have been cause for a kiddie uprising!! I'd have bawled my eyes out if you offered it, then said "sorry, none left".

:mellow: of course, I have put my yogurt in the freezer for a while and had "frozen yogurt"...sort of....

shadowicewolf Proficient

I finally figured out how to make the beef not so chewy. yay!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Probably as well you couldn't make it for lunch and a celebratory end of Whole30 icecream then :)

IrishHeart Veteran

I finally figured out how to make the beef not so chewy. yay!

yaay! and I agree--day 2 is always better for soup, stew, lasagne, whatevs.... Enjoy!

IrishHeart Veteran

Probably as well you couldn't make it for lunch and a celebratory end of Whole30 icecream then :)

Yeah, it's not pretty when I get all 3 year- old-ish....and, say! buddy 'o mine....technically it's tomorrow when we indulge...so, there's still time!!

Wouldn't your gob drop open if I showed up on your doorstep tomorrow afternoon for teatime. B)

smiley-eating-icecream.gif

notme Experienced

last night -

shrimp scampi w/ glutino spaghetti <first time trying glutino pasta - not to shabby :)

spinach salad w/peach relish & muenster chz

tonite is:

burritos!! got me some rudi's 'flour' tortillas :)

and gluteny mexican rice a roni for the hubs

making chunky guacamole - sure miss my herb garden with the overgrowth of cilantro!!!

ok, so i'm eating my veggies........ :ph34r:

planning to make a winter stew next wk with yummy root veggies - got a bunch of venison

Adalaide Mentor

I have no idea what is for supper. At this point I am thinking a single serve bag of lime & salt popcorn and a huge glass of milk. Yesterday was the third day in a row of getting a half foot of snow off my Jeep, then sitting in an uncomfortable chair for something like 7 hours. I am just too beat for food. I guess the good news is that today we have some blue skies with a few puffy white clouds and it is super warm, it was already 35 when I went out for milk at 10 this morning.

Somewhere, deep down inside of me, there is excitement for you two. Maybe after a nap I'll find it. :lol:

sora Community Regular

Congrats CMW and IH. Can we expect a little summary of your 30 days?

Tonight is stir fry and rice. I need to eat more veggies. :)

love2travel Mentor

Ok...perfect solution for L2T...my best bud is currently residing on a sailboat in the gulf of mexico....here is her latest blog -- oh and today's temp is 80 no humidity.

http://rockysoceanad...a.html?spref=fb

edited to add -- four cabin sailboat with a darn nice kitchen ;)

I'm typing this from the aircraft - I'm almost there! Shucks...it was all a dream. <_< Today was the same as yesterday at -34C and windchill making it -45C. Unless you have not been in -30 temps you have not experienced cold.

Love the sounds of 80F and no humidity and "...darn nice kitchen". Does it have a KA stand mixer? A Vitamix? :lol:

GottaSki Mentor

I'm typing this from the aircraft - I'm almost there! Shucks...it was all a dream. <_< Today was the same as yesterday at -34C and windchill making it -45C. Unless you have not been in -30 temps you have not experienced cold.

Love the sounds of 80F and no humidity and "...darn nice kitchen". Does it have a KA stand mixer? A Vitamix? :lol:

Not sure...but she has made a very good friend on another boat that is Celiac with both of the requested items ;)

mushroom Proficient

Last night I did dessert for first time in a long time (we don't need it). But our plums are ripe and they are those big meaty red ones, yummy thingers they are. So I did a plum crumble with cinnamon and O.M.G. I can't decide if it is best plain, with Greek yogurt, or with ice cream. :D

GottaSki Mentor

Last night I did dessert for first time in a long time (we don't need it). But our plums are ripe and they are those big meaty red ones, yummy thingers they are. So I did a plum crumble with cinnamon and O.M.G. I can't decide if it is best plain, with Greek yogurt, or with ice cream. :D

Like button wasn't enough -- triple, no quintuple like!!!

shadowicewolf Proficient

I certainly have. When i lived in MT it wasn't that uncommon to get it a few times a winter. I also experienced it a year and a half ago when i was still in the dorms at my school. Long story short, heat went out, then came back on a few hours later, then i heard a pop... ignored it... heard it again. I went to investigate and the sprinkler above my door in the hallway had water leaking out of it. Water flooded into my bath (on the other side of the wall from the hallway) and into the little hallway in my room. Got to clean that mess up myself because there was a bigger break in another one of the dorm buildings (several inches of water). The other "floodies" and i were set up in a hotel room for about 5 days while they cleaned up (and in my case, patched up the cealing in the bathroom and aired it out). Luckily, nothing of mine was damaged and my school decided to cancel all classes that day.

and did i mention i was the only one in my building that got flooded? Uhuh some luck huh? :lol:

Takala Enthusiast
unless you have not been in -30 temps, you have not experienced cold

This is why we moved to another state finally, so we could just visit cold, and then come home an hour and a half later to where it may frost but seldom snows. :)

It wasn't just the cold, it was the cold, the freezing rain ice storms in November-December that coated everything with a half inch of ice so you had to open every latch and gate with a propane torch, (and you just weren't going anywhere without 4whldr, I warmed my engine up once by building a charcoal fire underneath it to get the engine to start) the tornado warnings, the hail large enough to trash one's car, and the summer humidity with 95º F temps, and the alternate flooding and drought. The crazy neighbors were just the icing on the cake. I was talking about this the other day with the neighbors here, and they asked why does anyone live there, I said the land was pretty. We have really high summer temps here that would probably blow them away if they couldn't adapt, if the fire season and typical rainy winters didn't. I think a nice day is about 95º F in the summer, 80ºF feels chilly, because the temperature drops so dramatically at dusk. We seldom have "spring," it seems to transition immediately from when is winter going to be over, to time to irrigate because it's really hot. March can be a lot colder than January.

I still don't know what is for dinner. It is either leftover home made Indian Butter Chicken and rice, or scrambled eggs and homefries. All I know is that we had better eat some of that fresh pineapple for dessert. :P

IrishHeart Veteran

Congrats, Shroom! ---you prompted a full -on laptop drool this morning. :D (we don't need it either in this house, but it is good to indulge, yes?)

Hey buddy, we did it!

Off on school run, so more details later, but headline is 14lbs, 3 and half inches of my waist and more energy than in years :)

kareng Grand Master

I have no idea what is for supper. At this point I am thinking a single serve bag of lime & salt popcorn and a huge glass of milk. Yesterday was the third day in a row of getting a half foot of snow off my Jeep, then sitting in an uncomfortable chair for something like 7 hours. I am just too beat for food. I guess the good news is that today we have some blue skies with a few puffy white clouds and it is super warm, it was already 35 when I went out for milk at 10 this morning.

Somewhere, deep down inside of me, there is excitement for you two. Maybe after a nap I'll find it. :lol:

My son was at Breckinridge yesterday, enjoying that snow! He doesn't have any classes on Thursdays!

shadowicewolf Proficient

Yeah we got about 2 or 3 inches. Enough to make me go slipping and sliding.

Soup again, the last of it. So heavenly. I'll have to pick up some more shell pasta for it now. It worked wonders! I cooked the pasta in the broth and it was heavenly (ancient harvest). I wouldn't do that with rice pasta though, i'd cook it seperate.

Adalaide Mentor

My son was at Breckinridge yesterday, enjoying that snow! He doesn't have any classes on Thursdays!

At least it is good for something besides annoying me! I'm hoping that Phil has some good news for us tomorrow morning and tells us that this winter crap is done with.

I've been inching up on my iodine, thinking that my DH outbreak was mostly due to a CC incident. Well last night my husband told me that popcorn isn't a proper dinner and I finally snapped and am testing. I broke down and flat out ate fish. I had a couple "breaded" filets in the freezer and I finally decided to find out if I can eat fish without dire results. Now... I wait.

Tonight, roasted chicken. And um... some sort of vegetable or something like that. Probably potatoes because roasted chickens mean gravy.

mushroom Proficient

Congrats, Shroom! ---you prompted a full -on laptop drool this morning. :D (we don't need it either in this house, but it is good to indulge, yes?)

Yes, tis good, and all the sweeter for doing so infrequently :D