This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Thanks guys (well, you know what I mean). I am not too sad about soy. I will try the coconut aminos. I hope I can do soy lecithins, I have found a chocolate which is gluten, dairy, nut and egg free but has soy lecithins. The odd square of chocolate would be nice.

Easter George sounds good :)

Dinner is roast chicken, jacket potatoes, carrots and broccoli.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

shadowicewolf Proficient

I'm thinking of picking up a small ham for myself for easter. Any suggestions on the brand? I can always make my own glaze, so thats no big deal. :)

It sounds soooo good, but hopefully my stomach will let me have it (the grease gets to it).

GottaSki Mentor

Crazy (and totally wrong) Irish toast I saw recently. Given the proclivity for the Irish to have celiac (so much so that they dub it "celtic disease") I find it bizarrely ironic. (but I have a twisted sense of humor as you know)

Knew you guys would find it funny.Cheers!

"Rye bread will do you good,

Barley bread will do you no harm,

Wheaten bread will sweeten your blood,

Oaten bread will strengthen your arm."

er, nope.  :blink: 

LMAO  :lol:

Thanks for the giggle...perhaps I'll add this at the end of the Irish Blessing I was planning on  :P

First Corned Beef that I prepared all the way from scratch...when he popped out of the brine crock he looked and smelled just right -- now --- hmmm, let's call him "Pat" is bathing in beer and seasonings in the crockpot -- smelling great here.  Hubby will take care of the potatoes and cabbage -- and I made a sinful triple chocolate cake that I will frost with minty icing -- one son challenged me to make a cake in the shape of a shamrock earlier in the week...so the base layer will be large circle with the second layer carved into a shamrock...going to play with the decorating === fun!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day Everyone :)

Edited to add:

598973_10151803686053574_2042111636_n.jp

Edited by GottaSki
love2travel Mentor

Lisa, that looks yummy!!!!  And so spring-y with the yellow daffodils. 

To go with encore roast beef from last night I made poutine with delicious lactose-free mozzarella that actually is cheese - not soy or any other product masquerading as cheese.

Honey roasted carrots and more Eton Mess from last night.

GottaSki Mentor

This guy made me smile...threw the pieces left over from the clover into a pan with the left over frosting...

Have a great week everyone!

6702_10151804114638574_829105249_n.webp

Adalaide Mentor

That is almost too adorable to eat! Except the chocolate part. That gets me every time.

IrishHeart Veteran

SKI!!

Holy mackeral!! that cake is awesome. We can add cake decorator to your many mad skills. Cool beans, little sister! I cracked up yesterday when my friend's 96 year old mom licked the spoon, her fingers and the plate !! after she finished her piece of flourless chocolate cake. Talk about enjoying the crap out of every single moment. I hope to be her when I grow up. We had a great day with our friends.

SHADOW

I buy Boar's Head ham. They make smaller cuts, too--boneless, spiral, etc.--so you do not have to eat it for the rest of your life. :lol:

Even the glaze is gluten-free, and it is pretty good,  but I prefer my own. 

LOVE2

I have never had Eton mess, but I am sure I would love it. Hope your Bday was super-perfect. You deserve all the happiness in the world.

Tonight, we're having roasted chicken with this on it:

http://tropicalpepper.com/product.asp?idProduct=90

yup, IH is on vaca and taking the "ready-made road". (gasp!) ...hey .this stuff rocks!!!!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

So IH, did you buy a whole case of that??

Thinkin I might try out mango next :)

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight is cabbage and noodles from the leftover corned beef and cabbage.

shadowicewolf Proficient

I'll have to look into it :)

I am a sucker for the bone in ones though... its bad i know but i enjoy the skin and fat.... Bad bad bad for my GERD friendly diet.

What i like to do is take a little honey and use it either as a glaze or dipping sauce. You can also add cinnamon to it if ya want.

Adalaide Mentor

Errand day, so lazy day. Leftovers for me. Apparently my husband doesn't like corned beef. Who ever heard of such a thing? Oh well, he picked up a frozen pizza while we ran errands and that is his dinner. Now tomorrow I can sleep until I wake up. No alarms.

That mango sauce looks SO GOOD!

NoGlutenJose Rookie

I'm having left over Cornbeef and Cabbage

72794_10151540578225056_2138755134_n.png

followed up by an absolutely mind blowing chocolate cake with pumpkin and chocolate frosting

644315_10151527833450056_1856217731_ne.j

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Jose, just for the record, when you put pictures of cake like that, you are

required by board rules to describe it's deliciousness in detail, and also

provide a recipe. Ok, that's not a board rule, but it should be!

So Addy's cheese bread turned into crepes? Makes great burrito wrapper!

CommonTater Contributor

My husband smoked a brisket and we cooked some green beans and potatoes in the pressure cooker to go with it.

shadowicewolf Proficient

You chefs and your exquisite meals...

Rice... my stomach no longer likes me at the moment.

Adalaide Mentor

That cake looks amazing!

Also, burrito wraps is a brilliant idea. I should try that.

koz158 Apprentice

Chicken and artichoke hearts with feta cheese and Greek peppers.

1/4 extra virgin olive oil

1 1/2 tbsp butter

3 anchovies

5 cloves of garlic

1 lemon for zesting

1 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts

1 lb chicken (tenderloin strips) cubed

Olive oil and butter in small sauce pan with anchovies over med-low heat. As butter melts mash anchovies with wood spoon until a paste. Once oil begins to bubble, remove from heat and add garlic (finely chopped or crushed) and lemon zest.

Set oven to broil.

Combine chicken and artichokes in rimmed baking pan, adding seasalt and pepper to taste. Drizzle oil over chicken. Mix well. Place in oven and stir occasionally. Chicken should be done in 15 to 20.

Serve in a bowl (over gluten-free pasta might be nice) with feta chease and peppers.

Serves 2

PS - Never use your phone to post recipies... silly text prediction

shadowicewolf Proficient

So i put out a roast to thaw. I'm thinking of doing something different other than my soups, so planning on cutting it up and cooking up the pieces with a side of veggie. Now what to season it with. I may just do some salt and Pepper.

Good idea?

Any ideas on how to keep it tender? I know cooking it when its room temp and at a lower temp, but thats about it.

GottaSki Mentor

What type of roast?  How much does it weigh? 

I would roast the roast -- then cut it into little pieces to use in a variety of ways.

Salt and pepper is all we use regularly on my meat -- I do use dried herbs and garlic as well if you have them lying around.

NoGlutenJose Rookie

Jose, just for the record, when you put pictures of cake like that, you are

required by board rules to describe it's deliciousness in detail, and also

provide a recipe. Ok, that's not a board rule, but it should be!

haha no problem

Ingredients

1 can of Libby’s pumpkin

2 cup sugar

1/2 cup canola oil

1 1/2 cup apple sauce

5 eggs

3 cups flour mix

2 tsp xanthan gum if flour mix does not contain xanthan gum

3 tsp baking soda

2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground ginger for a spiced cake

1/2 cup cocoa powder

3/4 tsp kosher salt

Preheat oven to 350*

• You will need 2 large mixing bowls one for wet ingredients and for dry.

• To make your flour mix I used 4 cups white rice flour, 1 1/2 cup potato starch, 2/3 cup tapioca starch mixed up into a large canister mix well and measure out your 3 cups. You can use premixes as well.

• Dry: SIFT (very important to sift it gives the cake air) flour into your dry mixing bowl with xanthan gum, cocoa powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add salt and now whisk all dry ingredients to combine.

• Wet: in your 2nd bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, apple sauce and oil into your stand mixer or mixing bowl and beat to combine. Add eggs one at a time until mixture is runny and all ingredients are combined.

• Add the dry mix into your wet ingredients. This mixture will be very thick almost so the spoon can stand up in the bowl.

• In 2 greased cake pans split batter into 2 and spread. Place pans into a 350* oven and bake for about half an hour. Check cakes with a toothpick, toothpick will come out clean when cakes are done.

Allow to cool before frosting.

Frosting is made by whipping together

2 8oz packages of cream cheese (I used pumpkin pie spiced cream cheese)

1/4 cup confectioners sugar

Spread in the middle and top of the cake

1 also used 8oz dark chocolate Philadelphia’s indulgence cream cheese spread for the top and sides.

Allow cake to chill for half an hour to one hour so cream cheese can set up.

I got this recipe from here http://clippingoutgluten.com/recipe/chocolate-layer-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting/

CommonTater Contributor

Taco salad

GottaSki Mentor

Yummy - Welcome Jose :)

NoGlutenJose Rookie

Thanks Lisa :) the community here is very nice. Although looking at all these food pictures and recipes is making me hungry lol

GottaSki Mentor

That's the basic idea of this thread...we all talk food and general conversation -- much like we would if we were dining in each other's homes -- my husband likes to lurk in this thread because we both cook -- he just doesn't post -- that's a good point -- if there is anyone else reading along...

What are you having for dinner tonight?

shadowicewolf Proficient

That's the basic idea of this thread...we all talk food and general conversation -- much like we would if we were dining in each other's homes -- my husband likes to lurk in this thread because we both cook -- he just doesn't post -- that's a good point -- if there is anyone else reading along...

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Indeed.

I've decided to cook it up like ya would with beef strips used in wraps.