This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

pretty in paleo Apprentice

Tonight its not very exciting lol. Leftover chicken and bag of frozen veggies. I usually am very experimental and weird with what I cook: I will eat anything as long as its healthy and gluten-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Adalaide Mentor

Dinner doesn't have to be exciting. Our salads are just converted from the sandwiches my husband used to love and got addicted to during his short stint at Blimpie. I'm not even cooking chicken, we're going to use the leftover Costco chicken. I suppose I still have to cook though if I want my mac & cheese. OMG though... I got stuck in this stupid thing that is taking forever and haven't been able to get away to eat yet.

shadowicewolf Proficient

:wacko: I ate too much..... but it was so good....

CommonTater Contributor

We had shepherds pie

Adalaide Mentor

Last week I had a few overripe bananas from my basket so I decided to make banana bread. (This was after my trial and discovering I can in fact eat bananas. YAY!!!) My first try was tasty, but didn't turn out as.... bread. My second attempt I used the minimum amount of bananas called for, added a little xanthum gum. I was going to look up how much to use for the amount of flour but then was in the kitchen and ready to add it and just went with 1/2 tsp. I also threw in a little cinnamon for good measure. It came out perfect! Isn't really a dinner thing, but it has been our dessert for two nights. This is the recipe I used, I only make half at a time though. http://www.musingsofahousewife.com/2011/11/best-ever-gluten-free-banana-bread.html

Adalaide Mentor

I'll be busy tonight when my husband gets home from work. So I'll have a salad ready for him and a burger ready for him to grill and he'll be all set. I suppose if he wants something more he can nuke a "baked" potato and put some bacon and ranch on it or something. I'll have the same thing, just much later after I get off the phone. And we'll follow up with a late snack/dessert of more banana bread. :D

shadowicewolf Proficient

Leftovers for me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Something soft and squishy as I had a LONG dental appointment today.  :(  So, I had Eggs Benedict and fresh blackberries.  Tomorrow will be a vastly different story.   :)

Adalaide Mentor

Something soft and squishy as I had a LONG dental appointment today.  :(  So, I had Eggs Benedict and fresh blackberries.  Tomorrow will be a vastly different story.   :)

That sounds like a perfectly splendid dinner after a day at the dentist.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Dinner is salmon tonight, cooked yesterday.

I managed to get myself a great whack on the head Wednesday, quick er trip. Not too bad, cut and big bruise, and some shock. So I had a sweet tea, bit of chocolate. That started up the sugar addiction thing. I had a bit more chocolate, 2 small merrangues (sp!!) and now I am wiped out and have D. Taken immodium, so who knows what happens next.

Looks like no desserts here for a good while.

Very excited about certain people looking at new constructions....

IrishHeart Veteran

MW

OUCH!! I hate those noggin whacks. Are you okay?? Did you look like this when it happened? :wacko: Poor babe.

I have hit my head more times than I should admit. Open cabinets doors left open, misjudging the height/depth of something, that sort of thing.

I blame gluten head. It has not happened in a while (I said that and then, spit for good luck as surely it will happen now)

Hope you feel better soon.xx

We're having good old burgers tonight. Fresh corn. (yes, corn is A-OKAY for me! ) and that's it.

Too many carbs, not enough weight loss going on. I know, it's vacation, but I have been very, very naughty. :lol: waddle, waddle....

Adalaide Mentor

Awww, you're poor noggin! Hope you feel better soon. Last time I did that I had been horsing around with my husband in bed, like good old fashioned horseplay like 8 year olds indulge in. Then WHAM! my head and the headboard had a meeting and I saw stars and blacked out for a second. Try explaining that to the ER staff and getting them to believe it wasn't something naughty.  :P Hopefully you at least had a good story for the ER staff!

No one will give second thought to a muumuu in Florida. Bring on the desserts! Also, make friends with ducks and people will take less notice of your waddle. 

I forgot I was working this afternoon and didn't make dinner plans so I have no idea what we're eating. My husband wasn't scheduled today but got a text last night asking him to go in today, which is generally awesome for the money. Not so awesome for pawning dinner off on him. There is some pepperoni in the fridge, maybe pizzadillas? And I have a little cauliflower left that I could turn into buffalo cauliflower. It would almost be like having a vegetable. I'm still too scared for broccoli  I'm just going to carve it up and freeze it tonight. Everything dark green scares me since spinach is what set me off.  :ph34r: Maybe I should just feed it to my bunny.

GottaSki Mentor

:lol:

Thanks Addie!!!  Irish waddling with ducks in a muumuu....I may need to waddle on down there and join in the fun.  Corn!!! Wahoo IH - me too :)  I ate popcorn this morning with butter - OMGoodness - I have missed popped corn!  So far so good.

So yesterday was good and bad but very long.  Mom is finally settled back home after 38 days in the hospital -- I know she is glad...but heck I am too - have been wearing a groove in the road between my house and the hospital lately.  Was pooped when I finally got home after getting them all situated -- hubby made a lovely meal and then stepped in it -- the DA - turned down VIP seats at the California Speedway for Sunday  :o  :blink:  :wacko: I took a sip o' zin and says -- ah honey - why would you turn down those tixs?  He says -- been there done that -- ok we did indeed live infield for 5 or 6 seasons when the speedway first opened -- highlight was our second to last season -- we cut the sample PIT/GARAGE passes off the fencing surrounding the garage area -- threw them over our regular infield credentials and sat on the pit wall for the entire race -- it was Jimmy Johnson's very first win as a cup driver -- in victory lane -- hubby shouts out to Jimmy as he's doing the hat dance (pics with hat of each sponsor) "Hey Jimmy - how about one for your fans!" and Jimmy tossed the hat straight to hubs -- awesome day.   Sorry for rambling back story -- so last night he says been there - done that and I was  :blink: -- we have never been in the VIP lounge for a race -- if you haven't guessed by now I had more fun talking with drivers, crew chiefs and pit crews than he did -- how can you turn down a free luxury box -- I love my honey and he is the best -- but today he is firmly planted in the DA catagory  :wacko: - tomorrow he'll be back in the wonderful hubby box  :wub:

Oh dinner -- chicken tacos for them  -- chicken and vegies for me.

PS...Feel better CMw -- my man and one son seem to feel their way around the world with their heads -- theirs are very hard -- mine not so much - I hit it and it hurts!!!  kick your heals up and watch something funny 'til your head feels good once again.

Adalaide Mentor

What kind of..... well I'd call my husband a DA too..... does that?!?!  :blink: I'm practically speechless, and that takes a real feat of monumental dumassery. (Its a word.)

Thanks everyone :)

entirely my own fault, trying to do a job too quickly. When moving shelves, I advise moving the stuff off the top shelf first.

Adalaide Mentor

Thanks everyone :)

entirely my own fault, trying to do a job too quickly. When moving shelves, I advise moving the stuff off the top shelf first.

This had me laughing. I recently cleaned and rearranged three sets of four shelves and had a near miss due to thinking I could move a shelf down a notch with stuff on it. :ph34r: I'm laughing with you, I swear! (You're laughing right?)

shadowicewolf Proficient

Pork... its not agreeing with me.

Laughing now :)

Cringing with embarassment at the ER....

Wait, I missed the corn reintroduction woohoo!!

I was going to try it today, but after my sugar and Imodium exploits this week I think I will go for a bit of recovery time first.

Sorry to hear about pork IW :(

An exciting weekend of clearing mould caused by condensation ahead here...

IrishHeart Veteran

...now, that does sound exciting!  mould clearing...wow....wish I lived closer so I could come and help!

(just teasing --as I know laughter heals boo-boos) ;) Up watching the sunrise and your post made me giggle.xx

Going for some type of fish tonight (shellfish for the hubs) --we'll see what's fresh at the ironically named New England Fish Market nearby

and the asparagus looks inviting at the produce stand (probably be roasted)

That sweet corn was awesome. Hope it does not bite me on the behind.

It's coming to you, too MW...hang in there!!

Have a good weekend, all! 

GottaSki Mentor

Woke with a fun thought - cabana boys are much easier to keep in ready supply in Florida ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

Woke with a fun thought - cabana boys are much easier to keep in ready supply in Florida ;)

you ain't kiddin' sister........ ;)

and plenty o' spaces for building a G F compound....

Mmmm gator burgers

(and a nice view...)

GottaSki Mentor

loads of sportfishing for my honey....this has definite possibility 

will have to add - dock with several kayaks, a small sail boat and a six pack (big enough for six peeps to fish comfortably or a dozen to booz cruise in style) power boat to our check list

Adalaide Mentor

Being a nondrinker, I suppose I must learn to sail and be our designated.... um... sailor? driver? something like that. At least I'll earn my keep.

You can make burgers out of gators? OMG! We'll all have matching purses in no time!

GottaSki Mentor

Being a nondrinker, I suppose I must learn to sail and be our designated.... um... sailor? driver? something like that. At least I'll earn my keep.

You can make burgers out of gators? OMG! We'll all have matching purses in no time!

Booze Cruise is just a nick name -- all ages and beverage types allowed/required? to join in the relaxing sunset cruises.  

PS...I don't think anyone is going to wrestle the wheelhouse away from my honey - except during the fishy trips...but those are in the wee hours of the morning while we are resting up for other fun activities.