This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Poppi Enthusiast

Turkey soup from the bones of last week's turkey and gluten-free cornbread. Maybe some salad.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Some hard low fat cheddar and fruit to start. Then some sweet and sour chicken stir fry. I'm getting bored with my food lately, time to hit the recipes to find something different. Trying to get thoughts of kettle potato chips out of my head!

sb2178 Enthusiast

Half a pound of snow pea stir-fried with about 1/2 c brown rice, 1/2 an onion, 1 carrot, deep fried tofu, and clean out the peanut butter jar peanut sauce.

Would have been brilliant EXCEPT I forgot the trim the ends off the snow peas. Ooops.

GFreeMO Proficient

My husband worked late so I didn't have to cook! YAY! A night off for me is really rare.

I had some watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, some corn chips with cream cheese and salsa, a few slices of lunch meat roast beef and a glass of milk.

sb2178 Enthusiast

You'll have to get Kareng to pick you up on the way. I have plenty left! I was going to freeze them but if y'all get here by morning you can have them over some gluten-free/DF/SF pancakes. :D

Mmmmmm... pancakes with strawberries.

Lisa Mentor

Rack of pork (Smithfield) ribs, rubbed generously with Emeril's Original Rib Rub Seasoning (in the morning) and baked in the oven - until desired crispness....Grill works too on low, low, low.

Corn on the cob

Cesar salad.

MsCurious Enthusiast

Tonight we had Pork Ribs and Sauerkraut... YUM! It's an old family recipe handed down for generations... and sooooo good! It felt like a good night for some German cuisine! As my mom says... you have to serve it with baked squash and of course applesauce... its THE LAW! lol ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Tonight we had Pork Ribs and Sauerkraut... YUM! It's an old family recipe handed down for generations... and sooooo good! It felt like a good night for some German cuisine! As my mom says... you have to serve it with baked squash and of course applesauce... its THE LAW! lol ;)

Yum! I often get Germany food cravings, too.

Tonight we are having:

Moroccan Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Passionfruit Glaze

Smashed Potatoes with Buttermilk and Chives

Cardamon Glazed Roast Carrots

Strawberry Shortcake with Sherry Syrup

lizard00 Enthusiast

We're having pizza tonight. One with roasted garlic, caramelized onions with fontina and mozzarella cheese and some fresh basil, the other plain pepperoni for the kiddos. We haven't had pizza in awhile, so I'm kinda excited. :)

GFreeMO Proficient

Tonight I made stuffed bell peppers with hamburger, tomatoes, rice, a little cheese and tomato sauce. They were sooooo good!

love2travel Mentor

We're having pizza tonight. One with roasted garlic, caramelized onions with fontina and mozzarella cheese and some fresh basil, the other plain pepperoni for the kiddos. We haven't had pizza in awhile, so I'm kinda excited. :)

I don't blame you - I would be excited, too! The caramelized onion, roasted garlic with those cheeses is marvelous.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Grilled Cheese Sandwich for my daughter and French Toast for my son . . . because apparently, I'm a freakin' short order cook a loving and caring mother!!! :P:lol::lol:

Marilyn R Community Regular

Grilled skinless chicken thighs that I marinated overnight in Memphis style (safe homemade and tangy/spicy) BBQ sauce, grilled sweet taters, salad. Fresh sweet cherries for dessert. Yum.

Judy3 Contributor

Tonight I made: Lightly breaded chicken breasts (with homemade gluten-free bread crumbs of course), baked potato, fresh steamed asparagus with a light lemon sauce over the chicken and asparagus... YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy3 Contributor

Grilled Cheese Sandwich for my daughter and French Toast for my son . . . because apparently, I'm a freakin' short order cook a loving and caring mother!!! :P:lol::lol:

LOL I remember the days!!

love2travel Mentor

Today is very cold - not a lot above freezing so to sum up supper: Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Jambalaya!

We are supposed to get down to -3C tonight so am worried about all my pepper, tomato, basil, etc. plants. :( I just planted them this week and they have been doing so nicely. I absolutely killed my back doing it although they are in raised beds and cringe at the thought of replacing them.

lizard00 Enthusiast

Today is very cold - not a lot above freezing so to sum up supper: Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Jambalaya!

We are supposed to get down to -3C tonight so am worried about all my pepper, tomato, basil, etc. plants. :( I just planted them this week and they have been doing so nicely. I absolutely killed my back doing it although they are in raised beds and cringe at the thought of replacing them.

That sounds delicious, but OMG! Where do you live?? We're complaining because of the heat here!

love2travel Mentor

That sounds delicious, but OMG! Where do you live?? We're complaining because of the heat here!

We live in northern Alberta but thankfully not in the area where there are catastrophic forest fires. Actually, that puts things into perspective.

This is unusually cold, even for here. To speak in gardening terms, we have on average only 87 frost-free days per year and are Zone 1a. No wonder I cannot wait to live in Croatia!!

navigator Apprentice

Chicken, chorizo, red,green and yellow peppers, mushrooms,garlic and onions(all organic except chirizo) stir-fried in olive oil and served with soured cream and salsa in gluten-free pitta bread. Accompanied by a nice red wine!

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Chicken, chorizo, red,green and yellow peppers, mushrooms,garlic and onions(all organic except chirizo) stir-fried in olive oil and served with soured cream and salsa in gluten-free pitta bread. Accompanied by a nice red wine!

Sounds good! Where do you find gluten-free pitas (what brand)? Or do you make them? I have seen recipes, I think, but I have not been brave enough to try making them. With the hot weather a pita sounds faboulous!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Where do you find gluten-free pitas (what brand)? Or do you make them?

Exactly what I was thinking . . . inquiring minds want to know!!!

navigator Apprentice

I buy them in Tesco. It's their own Free From range and are free from gluten, wheat and milk.

wildwood Apprentice

Leftover scalloped sweet potatoes and ground beef

http://www.food.com/recipe/scalloped-sweet-potatoes-with-ground-beef-88523

I replaced the flour with cornstarch and used wheat free soy sauce. It is probably more of a fall recipe, but it was actually a little chilly in my area yesterday and felt like fall so it was fitting. I am looking forward to the leftovers. I LOVE sweet potatoes!

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Leftover scalloped sweet potatoes and ground beef

http://www.food.com/recipe/scalloped-sweet-potatoes-with-ground-beef-88523

I replaced the flour with cornstarch and used wheat free soy sauce. It is probably more of a fall recipe, but it was actually a little chilly in my area yesterday and felt like fall so it was fitting. I am looking forward to the leftovers. I LOVE sweet potatoes!

Oh, that sounds good! Thanks for shaing! I might have to try making it in the slow cooker. There's no way I'm turning on my oven. We are in the upper 90's here today. I STILL don't know what to make for dinner. I'm leaning toward turkey sandwiches on toasted Udi's bread and baby carrots because I really don't want to cook.

Coleslawcat Contributor

Island chicken (marinated baked chicken), brown rice, steamed broccoli