This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

notme Experienced

mmmmmmmmmmm!  those look delicious :)  that website has some additional recipes at the bottom - gorgonzola stuffed pork chops ??!!  i thought i invented those lolz wthell  :(  ^_^

my girlfriend is a hairdresser and she makes a comfortable living off of 'blue hairs' - she goes around to their houses when they get to be shut-ins.  she actually saved one woman's husband's life!  but they get their hair did once a week (yuck) and that's what they've always done.  she says that (actually) most people overwash their hair, anyway.  i said you just like that blue hair $$$$ haha

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Adalaide Mentor

The next time I get a coupon for Tortillaland I'll get a pack and see what I think. I'm always happy for a recommendation. Yeah, living in a hotbed of Hispanic immigrants really spoils me with some good food. B) Getting food from people who barely speak English when I speak exactly enough Spanish to find a bathroom in an emergency is probably running with scissors too. :lol:

Tonight will be a rotisserie honey mustard pork tenderloin. I have no idea yet what we'll have with it, but at least I have the important part figured out.

Hey, I only wash my hair either 2 or 3 times a week depending on what I've been doing and how it's holding up. Lots of people consider that super gross. There is no reason to wash it if it isn't a day away from icky. Of course, imo there is a difference between zero hair products and a enough hair spray to choke a donkey. But whatever makes people happy I guess!

IrishHeart Veteran

The amazing thing is, her hair always looks perfect:  a lovely shade of white, super clean, soft and beautiful.

It's a total mystery to us all. lmao

kareng Grand Master

goodbye all....if you do not hear from by next Tuesday, one of us  murdered the other.

xxoo your pal

Don't be calling us for bail money!

IrishHeart Veteran

Don't be calling us for bail money!

I can't kill her really, she my Moms. lol

Ima just joshin. If'n I was gonna do it, i wouldn't talk about it. duh stoopit criminal 

You know "it impels a veritable melange of emotions" when dealing with one's parents.  -_-

Adalaide Mentor

What does a cow have 4 of that a woman only has 2 of?

Legs! What were you thinking?!?! :lol:

LauraTX Rising Star

Yall are cracking me up!  I am going to make pork chops today, too!  I have broccoli from last night to go with them, maybe make oven sweet potato fries too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

What does a cow have 4 of that a woman only has 2 of?

Legs! What were you thinking?!?! :lol:

boobs

stomachs

waaa? don't you have 2?

As it turns out, I too had pork tonight...tenderloin with fig/maple/mustard sauce, sweet potato fries and the hubs found these at BJ.s

Gawddddd. my thighs will always be huge. All the hours at the gym will be for naught....

Talenti 

Sea Salt Caramel Pops

https://talentigelato.com/our-products/

Adalaide Mentor

I don't know who thought up putting Talenti on a stick and dipping it in chocolate but they deserve a Nobel Prize or something. I've been eying them at a local store for a while, deciding which flavor I want first when they go on sale.

IrishHeart Veteran

I don't know who thought up putting Talenti on a stick and dipping it in chocolate but they deserve a Nobel Prize or something. I've been eying them at a local store for a while, deciding which flavor I want first when they go on sale.

and yet, as i was waiting to get in to see Dr. F's speech last week, I heard this convo;

Lady #1: I get sick of companies that label something G F when it isn't.

Lady #2: me too. You know those talenti ice creams? well, my daughter got sick on those. 

Irish who knows better than to open her big fat celiac advocate mouth, but can't help herself: Unless it was the one with the cookies in it, there's no gluten in the others.

Lady #2: It wasn't.  

Irish who knows better at this point: Well, perhaps the sugar or the cream is too much? And some of them have soy lecithin.

Lady #2: it was the sea salt caramel one.

Irish: Hmm. That's weird, because I eat those all the time.

Lady #2 You must not be very sensitive then.

Irish: Everyone I know eats that flavor. And actually, I am very sensitive.

Lady #2: well, hurrumph. I know my daughter's symptoms!

Irish : Oh look, the doors have opened! I'm going inside to listen to the man who says it's okay to eat talenti.

gelato. You all have a super shiny day!

(and thinking inside my head...and if by symptoms, you mean pooping her brains out and a stomach ache, I am guessing she has a lactose intolerance and ate waaaaay too much of that gelato, but what do i know? )

Dinner tonight: Bonefish grill. I'll be too tired to cook. I have a bunch of things to do today.

See you all on the other side. caio!

GottaSki Mentor

Good Monday Morn Dinner Peeps!

Moving my Mom back home (sister's apartment) today after 10 weeks in rehab :)

Will be glad to have her settled right up the street again -- I'll be able to walk up for her PT/OT sessions, which is good PT for me too ;)

Was exhausted yesterday, so I sat on my butt from 3pm on and beaded instead of doing chores....men made steak, rice and aspargus and I ate it all (small portion of rice).

It's been fun watching them happy for me, yet looking very quizzical at me when I try small amounts of grains and fresh cheese -- they look like they are ready to snatch the fork out of my hand -- can't blame them as they have seen too many serious reactions lately -- I'm lucky they care after all the changes my diet went through over the years.  Sure hoping this combo of mast cell meds keeps this trend of expanding diet on a roll going for the next - oh, I don't know - FIFTY years or so ;)

Have a great week :wub:

Adalaide Mentor

I've been trading work for my accountant friend for a Comic Con ticket. Wooo!!! Can't wait for Saturday. We're having a girls' geek day. This is my first one and I'm super excited.

I've been spending my whole morning dealing with... crap. Insurance stuff. Social Security stuff. Employer stuff from my husband's employer. Just not the most enjoyable things to deal with on a Monday morning.

I was planning leftovers for dinner. Right now though I'm thinking I could really just go for a pizza so plans may change.

notme Experienced

shut.  UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :D  :D  :D

arlene WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought a vat of talenti sea salt caramel - to HELL with the soy lecithin i will take the (soy) hit!  also, found some sugar cones (goldbaum's) that i haven't tried yet.  eating wierd stuff/cravings.  totally s#!tcanned the pork plan and had bacon mushroom swiss burgers.  i should check my calendar more often, was surprised by a visit from my aunt flo this morning.  

in real news, my second daughter is coming to visit with her 2 boys.  it's been awhile and my heart pines for them  :wub:  tomorrow will be a good day.  today?  not so much.  ow.  ow.  ow.  heating pad............ :(

IrishHeart Veteran

shut.  UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :D  :D  :D

arlene WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought a vat of talenti sea salt caramel - to HELL with the soy lecithin i will take the (soy) hit!  also, found some sugar cones (goldbaum's) that i haven't tried yet.  eating wierd stuff/cravings.  totally s#!tcanned the pork plan and had bacon mushroom swiss burgers.  i should check my calendar more often, was surprised by a visit from my aunt flo this morning.  

in real news, my second daughter is coming to visit with her 2 boys.  it's been awhile and my heart pines for them  :wub:  tomorrow will be a good day.  today?  not so much.  ow.  ow.  ow.  heating pad............ :(

Goldbaum's cones ==very good ! I had those last summer. YUM. Real deal.

Aunt Flo --that witch?!!  man, I am glad she never comes a callin' here no mo. ;) 

Enjoy your family visit.

GottaSki Mentor

Rough, yet fantastic day :)

Mom home in her apartment up the street with my sister  :D

Really great (and well deserved) glass of wine -- 'Zin Your Face' -- um, ya -- I purchased knowing moving day was probably going to meet tax day -- prep was postponed by yours truly when she tripped over her own feet  :wacko:

So, Mom is home - Hubs is cooking - kids are studying quietly (yep, they know when to be silent ;) ) - and I have parked my butt in my chair at the end of a 13 hour day of work -- not complaining -- I am extremely grateful for the ability to get s$#& done once again.

Have no idea what hubs is cooking for dinner, but it smells fantastic  :wub:

Adalaide Mentor

I had a long day myself. Hours on the phone, then hours out of the house doing necessary errands. Lots of insurance and SSD calls and errands, and picking up meds for hubs and me. I came home after having some kid whose parent wouldn't control them in the SS office step on my left foot and ram their head into my thigh (setting me on fire and making me feel like my foot is broken now, fun) and was in heaven, in jammies... just to realize I forgot my meds. <_< I almost went out for them in my jammies and slippers.

But, came home, got a nap, had no effort left in me for dinner so I threw together a quick chili. I wanted leftovers because somehow I agreed to work tomorrow. (UGH! I'm gonna want to kill myself all day.) But, I'm awake now and think I can stay awake for the total lunar eclipse and so far the sky is clear! :D I missed the total solar eclipse to a cloudy sky and I'm still kind of sour about the whole thing. I'll pay in the morning, but it will be so worth it. This isn't an everyday opportunity. B)

ETA: I meant to say, that for all that today was incredibly awful it is also just incredible to be able to do things. This sure as hell beats sleeping for 16-20 hours a day. I'd take a pass on the pain and obnoxious kids though.

notme Experienced

daughter arrived with the boys last night to surprise me :)  a sight for sore eyes, these boys are :)  the little one can't walk by me without stopping for some hugs :)

and got a call this morning:  the youngest ( for those of y'all who have been following the saga.  ugh)  calling to tell me she will be home early this weekend because her boyfriend's brother was found dead this morning.  he was troubled and mixed up with drugs, so i won't be surprised if this is related to his addiction(s).  so, yet another thing lands in my kid's lap.  she has less than a month to go before graduation.  may 10th, i am going to dance in the street at her graduation.  then, go pass out............. :rolleyes:  extra prayers for the family, if y'all are so inclined, would be appreciated.

GottaSki Mentor

:rolleyes:  extra prayers for the family, if y'all are so inclined, would be appreciated.

:)  the little one can't walk by me without stopping for some hugs :)

headed your way :)

enjoy those wonderful hugs!

Adalaide Mentor

Prayers, hugs, good thoughts and crossed fingers. You know, because seriously you and her can take all you can get. She can't catch a freakin break, poor girl! Almost there though! 

And yes, enjoy the little ones. Having them there to brighten your day I'm sure is a perfectly timed blessing for you.  :)

GottaSki Mentor

Taxes are looking better than I had guesstimated!!!!

Today is going to be a very good day :)

Dinner tonight -- when I made that pie crust a few weeks back I froze two balls of it -- gonna try and make a pork pot pie -- would have been chicken pot pie except there was no chicken in the freeze -- unbelievable for my freeze.  Hoping the crust is as good after a freeze/defrost cycle.

Happy Tax Day Dinner Peeps :wub:

Adalaide Mentor

If it weren't for the fact that I'm working today, I would have totally forgotten that it's tax day. It's been over two months since I filed. But, my best friend who I sub for is also a tax accountant so she's busy playing tax hero today and I get to babysit her students. Next year I'll be more up on this stuff as I'll be neck deep in taxes again myself. Not exactly sure how I let myself be talked into being a tax accountant crony.  :lol: Glad that yours worked out better than expected. That's always a great feeling!  B)

I'm totally beat, but plan on getting a nap when I get home. Hopefully that will give me enough energy and nail enough pain to let me make an easy dinner. I'm thinking burgers, garlic green beans, some Udi's snickerdoodles and an early meeting with my pillow will be a great end for the day. 

GottaSki Mentor

Pot Pie turned out great -- simple pork, carrot, sweet potato, onion and garlic in a rosemary gravy.

One problem -- my super fantastic pie crust that everyone raved about that I hadn't tasted due to the strawberry pie I used it for -- was good in my opinion, not great...perhaps it was the freeze/defrost cycle -- but considering it was my first taste of pie crust in over three years (simply eating pie was fantastic) -- I wasn't impressed and will try again -- thinking it had too much rice flour in the mix.

Not sure what's for dinner...because I woke to dishes in the sink -- big no-no in my book...off to wake a sleeping prince much earlier than he anticipated ;)

kareng Grand Master

We have been having turkey sandwiches.  I made a really great turkey breast in the crockpot on Sunday.  I think we will have some chicken tacos tonight.  I throw the chicken tenders or breasts in the crockpot with a can of enchilada sauce for a couple of hours.  Then it is ready whenever we are.

IrishHeart Veteran

Hello girls.

This is irishheart's mom. 

She has been sent to her room for being a wise ass.

She is making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I know she puts cheese in there.

and just so you know, she 

burned the bottoms of the granola cookies. But they are still good with tea.

That was really her. Honest! lmao

they are not burned, but they are more well done than usual. Stoopit new stove.

Edited by IrishHeart
GottaSki Mentor

Hi Irish's Mom!

Being sent to one's room isn't so bad at our age...as long as we can have a good book to read ;)

Addie---picked up a few herbs today for my "huge" :P herb garden -- decided this year is not going to be the year of the backyard to garden transformation -- keeping it small on my patio.  Anyway, I found Chocolate Mint -- smells fantastic :wub:

Dinner tonight is ribs, mashies and peas for the men -- only sub for me is broccoli :D