This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Adalaide Mentor

Oh... My...Gawd.... Patrick Stewart just surprise showed up and will be there tomorrow night. I'm trying to be all, that's cool. But I'm more like GAH OMG OMG OMG!!!! It's Friday morning and I'm so excited by this that I can already hardly breathe.

I think tonight I may throw together a meatloaf and all the stuff for with it. Also, with the strawberries in my pancakes last night (I probably had all of a tablespoon of them all finely chopped, so barely any) I feel fine today.

I need to go find something to distract me, because I can't sit still. Too excited.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

notme Experienced

Oh... My...Gawd.... Patrick Stewart just surprise showed up and will be there tomorrow night. I'm trying to be all, that's cool. But I'm more like GAH OMG OMG OMG!!!! It's Friday morning and I'm so excited by this that I can already hardly breathe.

i would go to that WHY WOULD YOU NOT BE EXCITED ????   :D  :D  :D  tell him i said "hey"   ;)

my grandsons are 6 months apart - one tells the other one:  "they might think you're stupid but you *ain't* "  <a 5 year old's words of wisdom for the day

GottaSki Mentor

my grandsons are 6 months apart - one tells the other one:  "they might think you're stupid but you *ain't* "  <a 5 year old's words of wisdom for the day

:D

moosemalibu Collaborator

haha I had to look up Patrick Stewart... I recognized him once I saw his image on google.. but so not nerding out on that one! But I can appreciate your super fan status! :P

notme Experienced

haha I had to look up Patrick Stewart... I recognized him once I saw his image on google.. but so not nerding out on that one! But I can appreciate your super fan status! :P

whippasnappa!!   :lol:   sooooo, you probably don't think he's hot............. ^_^

moosemalibu Collaborator

whippasnappa!!   :lol:   sooooo, you probably don't think he's hot............. ^_^

Um.... No.... he's 73. :P  My idea of hot is Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Adalaide Mentor

Some men are agelessly perfect. It isn't just his looks, its that he is such an all-around perfect man. His new wife is a lucky woman.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

moosemalibu Collaborator

Some men are agelessly perfect. It isn't just his looks, its that he is such an all-around perfect man. His new wife is a lucky woman.

No judgement here!! :) Definitely more facets to a man than his looks, totally agree!!

notme Experienced

is he really 73!!??

mleh.  maybe i'll keep my 49 ;)

moose:  WHO??  lolz j/k i know who that is :)

Adalaide Mentor

My husband wants quesadillas for dinner. I guess that's dinner instead of meatloaf. Chicken cheddar bacon ranch quesadillas. With yellow cake and strawberries for dessert. I think I'll make pancakes again so I can have them as a travel breakfast for the morning. There is just no way I can get up, dressed and out the door with a packed bag and eat before I go. But, we're traveling by train so I'll just eat on the train. It's my first time on the train since they built it. :) I'm just trying to balance bringing enough with not bringing too much. I'll have zero options other than what I bring with me, so over packing is probably better than under packing.

GottaSki Mentor

Have a blast Addie!  Don't forget the camera if your phone doesn't have one...lots of fun peeps to see.  Last Summer the kid saw Robin propose to Poison Ivy surrounded by the rest of the DC gang!  Fun stuff.

Dinner tonight is meatloaf for the men...prepared by hubs.  Had one of my silly Idiopathic Anaphylaxis episodes yesterday afternoon -- have learned a few tricks with the repeat trips to ER since this fun started -- so thankfully I was able to manage without epi-pen, but had two sets of eyes on me that weren't so sure I was managing it -- my poor guys -- I'm a lucky wife/mom.

Anyhoo, today I refrained from eating anything until I was certain I wasn't going to react again (and to take care of Mom's PT).  Just had a wonderful paleo pizza with chopped garlic, onion, basil and fresh cheese as toppers...this girl is full and ready to kick the sore foot up with a touch of ice.

Oh...Addie...sharpie pens for autographs!!!!!

Happy Friday :)

LauraTX Rising Star

Tonight was pizza pitas using local oven gluten-free pita bread.  They are based here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and sell in some close stores.  I just wanted pizza so bad!

IrishHeart Veteran

Last night was dinner at Bonefish Grill (thanks, Mom!!)  Chilean sea bass, mango salsa, jasmine rice, asparagus

Mom liked her talapia, but not the rice or the "too hard" haricot verts. (she's tough to please, oy! ) but she inhaled the choc brownie/ice cream thinger like a Hoover upright.

Tonight may be burgers and fries. The sun came out finally (imagine the kvetching I have heard because it was overcast in the 'sunshine state")

and so, we are off to the pool. Want to go to the beach, Ma?You know, I live here right near the beach!

No. It will mess up my hair.

uh huh. I knew that before I asked (but there is the same breeze by the pool......)

:lol:

GottaSki Mentor

Yum...Seabass...need to send hubs to our local fishmonger after I read Irish's post.

Tonight will be on the cheap -- got eight teens battling out at D&D so:

Baked Garlic Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks

Mashed Potatoes

Frozen Peas

Felt like I won the lotto this morning -- ran up the street to a market that I buy meat from when it's on special -- just to grab a big assed ham and ran into a 2.99 per loaf of Udi sale -- white chocolate chips - to make white choc covered pretzels - were on sale too, as were two of my favorite bottles of Zin --- lol, I don't think I've met a bottle of Zin I don't like ;)

Happy Easter Eve Dinner Peeps :wub:

IrishHeart Veteran

Yum...Seabass...need to send hubs to our local fishmonger after I read Irish's post.

Tonight will be on the cheap -- got eight teens battling out at D&D so:

Baked Garlic Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks

Mashed Potatoes

Frozen Peas

Felt like I won the lotto this morning -- ran up the street to a market that I buy meat from when it's on special -- just to grab a big assed ham and ran into a 2.99 per loaf of Udi sale -- white chocolate chips - to make white choc covered pretzels - were on sale too, as were two of my favorite bottles of Zin --- lol, I don't think I've met a bottle of Zin I don't like ;)

Happy Easter Eve Dinner Peeps :wub:

holy smokes! 2.99  a loaf...hope you bought 20 of those!  that IS a good dealio.

I grabbed a small-ass ham myself and think potatoes gratin and glazed carrots and green beans may be on the menu tomorrow. I prefer lamb but I was out-voted. Ham it is. (blech) lol. I'll jazz that thing up with cloves, honey mustard, pineapple, maybe a hat.  ^_^

I've got some dough for hot cross buns in the fridge doing its thing. I'll make those for breakies.  And quite possibly we will have apple crisp and vanilla bean ice cream for dessert.

Should be a 2 lb. weight gain kinda day. lol

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it! hugs, G xx

Adalaide Mentor

I made it home in one piece. I am exhausted. I am in indescribable pain. And I am so insanely happy that I could bounce off the walls. I sat in the same room with Patrick Stewart. (I was so thrilled when he walked in the room that I almost cried because it was really real.) And... so many other awesome people. It was the most incredible experience. I can't wait to repeat it this fall. And, with the headcount Salt Lake Comic Con Fan X just became the 3rd largest Con in the country. Wooo!!!! (It's first time out.) Go Utah nerds!

Happy Easter!

GottaSki Mentor

Addie....So glad you had a blast at your first Con -- take it easy today -- all that excitement is tough on the system ;)

Happy Easter Everyone!

Just put the beginning of a triple layer lemon cake in the oven -- going to fill with lemon curd and top with lemon cream cheese frosting along with....wait for it....Lemonade Peeps!  I had never purchased a peep in my life until all the peer pressure got to me this year :P.  The D&D gang tried the sour watermelon peeps yesterday...uh...I think my dislike of the little dudes must have trickled down through the genes.  Oh well, will make a cute Easter Cake for my Mom whom loves lemon sweet treats (as do I).

Going to try a simple recipe on the big ass ham that I found on the net last night -- baste often with a combo of pear juice/orange juice and then last hour half honey/half brown sugar glaze.

Edited to add:  sides will be scalloped taters, bacon brussels and bbq'd pineapple slices

IrishHeart Veteran

(I was so thrilled when he walked in the room that I almost cried because it was really real.) 

Now you know how I felt when I saw Alessio Fasano. :)

Well, guys, my hot cross buns are almost ready for frosting  (and by that I mean, the kind in the oven, not in my pants). 

They smell fabulous.

HOPPY Easter

I heart you guys.  

Adalaide Mentor

Thursday will be my husband's next day off work. Since he gets home super late, that's when we'll have Easter dinner. We're flexible like that. Tonight I think I'm going to make that meatloaf I wanted on Friday. Maybe some puffs and definitely some veggies. And there is still a little cake left to finish up for dessert.

IrishHeart Veteran

Hey K!

The Eastah Bunny brought us boxes of  "BONBONS HARICOTS GOURMETS"

That's right....fancy french jelly beans.   :lol:  (not making that up).

GF Lover Rising Star

The Easter Bunny is French? <_<  I'm trying to picture him with the accent :lol:

GottaSki Mentor

The Easter Bunny is French? <_<  I'm trying to picture him with the accent :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1526354_10152757217248574_69688114880324

The "Peep" Cake ;)

Edited by GottaSki
IrishHeart Veteran

Mais oui!

love-you-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927

The accent was what you questioned? not if he wears a beret? (because what does the English speaking Easter bunny SAY, Coll? Do tell us. lmao 

Hey, my cat plays scrabble and wins...anything is possible, right? 

LauraTX Rising Star

Today was pretty low key since it is just the two of us and I am not going to buy a small ham, make a big dinner, and eat on it all week, haha.  I had a frozen chicken broccoli rice casserole to bake for lunch, and when it was baking our power went out in a rain storm.  After about 45 minutes I was going to pull it out of the oven and toss it, then go hunt for food somewhere.  But lo and behold it had cooked to perfection in the carryover heat! :o   So we sat there in the dark and ate our cheesy casserole -haha!  And then the power came back eventually on so now we can entertain ourselves.

We also went by a drug store yesterday to get me a couple cadbury creme eggs.  I wish they sold them year round, but since they don't I like to get a small supply to snack on for a few more weeks.

Adalaide Mentor

That is such a great looking cake. I'm sure it was as delicious as it looks!

My husband had quesadillas again because he doesn't do meatloaf. He's so weird. :P