This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

celiacSuzie Rookie

Quite hot here too... but did a taco salad bar @ home all the fixin's you could want. :)

Now, green tea as an after dinner drink.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

love2travel Mentor

Nothing thrilling here tonight. My husband was in a golf tournament so all I did was cut up some very good artisan cheese, pulled out the proscuitto and drizzled both with a fabulous young and very green olive oil from Croatia. Ate it with homemade gluten-free focaccia. To finish just cherries. Much lazier than usual but sometimes that is just how life is! :P

sa1937 Community Regular

Nothing thrilling here tonight. My husband was in a golf tournament so all I did was cut up some very good artisan cheese, pulled out the proscuitto and drizzled both with a fabulous young and very green olive oil from Croatia. Ate it with homemade gluten-free focaccia. To finish just cherries. Much lazier than usual but sometimes that is just how life is! :P

And sometimes that's nice!!! :D (Actually that sounds like a feast to me!)

lizard00 Enthusiast

We did some smoked pepper and onion sausage with potatoes and cabbage. Nothing fancy either, but it's always yummy! It was blazing hot here, too, so I'm kind of surprised that we wanted to cook and actually eat.

We washed it down with a nice cold beer, though. I'm sure that helped. :lol:

sb2178 Enthusiast

Salad:

green leaf lettuce

fresh spinach

red potatoes, nuked, sliced, and dipped in lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh mint/dill/parsley

red kidney beans

blanched asparagus

shallot

pecorino romano

Drizzled with the remaining lemon/olive oil, black pepper, and a hint of salt

Strawberries (sugared)

Homemade "nutella" (dairy free)

There. Ate more.

Poppi Enthusiast

Pasta (reg for everyone else, gluten-free for me) and sauce with ground turkey.

Salad

This week I will be feeding the family a lot of gluten meals because my 2 year old is going in for testing next Wednesday and I want her good and loaded up on antibodies if she is in fact celiac... please send lots of prayers and good vibes our way that she is not!

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Salad and turkey sandwiches on Rudi's. It's 101 degress out there. No way I'm cooking! :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

gluten-free artisan bratwurst with homemade hot dog buns, homemade spicy honey mustard I made the other day and caramelized onions

Creamed corn with Bourbon

Chipotle double roasted potatoes with chipotle en adobo

Watermelon cubes with aged balsamic

lizard00 Enthusiast

Hey gourmands! I have some spicy ground pork sausage that I need to use. Any suggestions?

I know I had something in mind when I bought it, but can't for the life of me figure it out now!

Oh, and it has to be quick, too! I won't be getting home tonight until after 8, so I want something hubs and I can cook quickly.

love2travel Mentor

As pork and apple go together superbly, why not simply grill or roast them and brush with an apple glaze or applesauce and/or apple slices? One of my favourite things with pork sausage is Bangers and Mash with Caramelized Onions. Since time is short you could still do the mash while the pork is grilling or roasting. You could make a quick pan sauce with the fond in the bottom of the pan which held the sausages. The caramelized onions take at least a good half hour to achieve perfection so save that for another day.

OR you can slice the sausages into coins into a cast iron pan and throw in the oven along with potato coins, fresh herbs, a drizzle of olive oil if the sausages are lean, and season with smoked paprika/S&P. Toss them about a few times. Remove from the oven and sprinkle on some fresh chives. Or you can throw in some cheese and broil for a moment.

If you have a can of lentils you can braise sausages with lentils and red wine. I always do it with dried lentils but since time is an issue you can do it with canned.

You could also do a sausage frittata if you are able to have eggs.

Hey gourmands! I have some spicy ground pork sausage that I need to use. Any suggestions?

I know I had something in mind when I bought it, but can't for the life of me figure it out now!

Oh, and it has to be quick, too! I won't be getting home tonight until after 8, so I want something hubs and I can cook quickly.

All the recipes I know of are not really fast--things like meatballs, meatloaf, stuffed bell peppers and casseroles that take an hour in the oven or need to be started in a slow cooker in the morning. The only thing I can think of is if you have some pre-made gluten-free pizza crust you could just fry up the sausage in a skillet, drain well and throw it on a pizza crust.

ETA: thought of something else--pasta sauce. Fry it up, add jarred spaghetti sauce and top gluten-free pasta.

Marilyn R Community Regular

We had grilled fish with mango chutney and grilled sweet potatoes tonight. I should have made a salad, but didn't feel like it and decided we just have to listen to our body sometimes. :D

GFreeMO Proficient

We had baked chicken and spinach and cheddar and bacon mashed potatoes. (feeling lazy b/c of the heat so I used potato buds and added the bacon and cheese)

Brownie and homemade ice cream later

Jestgar Rising Star

spaghetti with mung bean noodles and red wine. Actually the wine is first....

Poppi Enthusiast

Tomorrow night will be good.

Chicken wings, these potatoes, corn and salad.

sb2178 Enthusiast

Fried egg sandwich (egg, spinach, pepper, gluten-free brioche bread from glutenus minimus)

Cold blanched asparagus

one bite each: mint brownie, lemon scone, chocolate muffin, chai muffin, almond toffee cookie (the question was what goes into the freezer and what stays out to eat in the next few days... and yes, I used a knife to slice off bits...although... if you have a problem of other people eating your food, you could just take the approach of marking it as yours with your teeth)

lizard00 Enthusiast

one bite each: mint brownie, lemon scone, chocolate muffin, chai muffin, almond toffee cookie (the question was what goes into the freezer and what stays out to eat in the next few days... and yes, I used a knife to slice off bits...although... if you have a problem of other people eating your food, you could just take the approach of marking it as yours with your teeth)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tonight I am working furiously, so I decided to do some stew lamb because it requires very little attention. I threw some crushed garlic, rosemary, an onion, and a little balsamic vinegar in there. We'll see how it turns out. I'm not sure what else to do with it, though I do have some fresh veggies that will probably do. Maybe some green beans and potatoes. IDK... :blink:

sa1937 Community Regular

Tonight I had salmon patties, potato salad and raw veggies (celery, carrots and grape tomatoes). Dark sweet cherries later.

love2travel Mentor

Lemongrass Shrimp with Pomegranate Glaze

Ginger Rice with Thai Basil

Warm Mushroom Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts and Black Garlic

Warm Banana Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache

bartfull Rising Star

I had a HUGE lunch (chicken, sweet potato, broccoli, cheese and some grapes), so I will probably just have an egg with some gluten free cornbread for supper. I think I'm going to try frying the egg in butter. For the past five days I've been having my eggs soft boiled, but I think the fried one will be OK. And I have a nice ripe peach for dessert.

lizard00 Enthusiast

TACO NIGHT!!!!!!! :D

I've loved taco night since I was a kid! I've just added avocadoes and fresh pico de gallo.

navigator Apprentice

Venison pan fried in little olive oil, new potatoes served with butter and oats, asparagus tips, mushrooms, a side salad with organic salad leaves, red onions, orange and yellow peppers, cherry tomato, cucumber and balsamic syrup and a port, cranberry and pepper sauce. I can't claim the credit for the sauce. The chef at our favourite restaurant gave me a tub of his. :rolleyes:

We had vegetable risotto for a late lunch. I'm undecided on whether to cook dinner. We we proabbly just snack and graze on leftovers. :D

sa1937 Community Regular

Tonight I'm having a leftover salmon pattie, sweet potato fries and broccoli.

Plus Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Cookies I had a box of BC gluten-free chocolate chip cookie mix that I wanted to use before it expires. I goofed in reading the directions so mine has a stick of butter, not 1/4 cup that the recipe calls for. :P Maybe that's why they taste so good. They baked beautifully and kept their rounded shape (I used a cookie scoop). I think they'd make cute little mini-muffins. I skipped the raisins. And if I don't quit eating them, they will be dinner. :lol:

lizard00 Enthusiast

I think we're doing some pork and lamb meatballs with red potatoes (probably mashed, but I'm not sure) and either the fresh peas or fresh snap beans that have been living in my fridge.

I'm starving. :ph34r: