This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

ya know, my sister and i have this saying.  it's about nature. ......  <_<

irish, you go ahead and pick one for me because all i can come up with is 'venison' lolz   :ph34r:

:o bambi killer! bambi killer!  -_-

ok, then....she likes penguins

cute-penguins-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GottaSki Mentor

So hard to choose.......

Dogs and cats, of course. I love sea turtles.... But then there are sea otters.... The wrens in the nest on my screened in porch.... And what about dolphins? Orcas? Those are great! Bunnies.... Pterodactyls. - love to see them flying with their funny long legs hanging behind.

Oh wait! Red pandas! Love those little guys. Tried to get my hair dresser to dye my hair that color more than once.

Guinea pigs! Love them! Love the wild versions, like capybaras and rock cavies! Golden lion tamarins ... Oh heck.... All those little monkeys are fun!

I just can't choose! I hope that was helpful! Lol

lol...this sounds like me...basically every creature.

GottaSki Mentor

Awesome!!!

Any more welcome...gonna take me a while to get back to you with a photo of my silly project ;)

GottaSki Mentor

so, Ski,  does this backyard project involve an ark?

lmao...not a bad idea....hmmm :P

GF Lover Rising Star

Peacocks Rule  :wub:

RMJ Mentor

I like polar bears.

LauraTX Rising Star

What is everyone's favorite animal?  Play along please -- it is for a fun project in my backyard.  All welcome...

Cats!!!!!!

I am a crazy cat lady. But I just have one because my husband wisely says no to new additions.  LOL.  I like dogs and all animals, too, but he is not a dog person so I have fallen even more in love with this silly kitty.  But don't bring cute bunnies around me, I am deathly allergic!  LOL (Monty Python jokes abound)

My enchiladas turned out really good last night, used this recipe: http://www.101cookingfortwo.com/easy-sour-cream-chicken-enchiladas/ using white corn tortillas and brown rice flour.  Wanted to spice it up a little so I put a few tblsp of Stubbs green chile sauce in with the chicken.  Used 1 lb cooked chicken and a can of black beans for a complete meal.  Yum Yum!  Made half and froze half for later since it makes a lot.

Tonight, I will probably throw together a stir fry.  I bought the SanJ szechuan sauce and it is just too hot for me, so I am using a mild one on mine and using up the hot one on my husbands stuff, LOL.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BlessedMommy Rising Star

I totally agree about the San-J Szechuan sauce! I found some for 79 cents a bottle at the discount store and my husband is having to use most of it up!

Adalaide Mentor

My husband is a cat person. I'm allergic, break out in hives if they touch me. Hate the things. <_< I like dogs though! ^_^ My bff is allergic to bunnies too. I didn't find out until after I got one and she can't hang out at my house anymore. :( The Monty Python bunny was added to WoW as a boss you could fight, it took 20 people (or more), had an ability called Huge Sharp Teeth that could pretty much instantly kill people and after you killed it it dropped a pet bunny that only one person could get, that was all bloody on it's face and front paws. It. Was. Awesome. Also, you can get a stuffed Monty Python bunny. http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/778d/ :D

My plan for tonight was chicken. I'm sticking with it and making dinner for my husband but I got sicker and sicker yesterday as the day went on. I couldn't eat last night. I may try making a little applesauce this afternoon and see how that works and if it does, try a little chicken but I'm not getting my hopes up.

IrishHeart Veteran

Peacocks Rule  :wub:

yes indeed. 

P.S.   not sure why This below is there (see that?)  computer glitch? I tried deleting it 83 times  ^_^

kareng Grand Master

yes indeed.

P.S. not sure why This below is there (see that?) computer glitch? I tried deleting it 83 times ^_^

That's what you did wrong! You have to try to delete it 87 times.
IrishHeart Veteran

That's what you did wrong! You have to try to delete it 87 times.

wha??? I do not have time for that!  ^_^

BlessedMommy Rising Star

I'm baking bread with my oldest daughter tonight.  :) It's been a long time since I've made Teff Sandwich Bread. 

http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2009/03/dark-teff-sandwich-bread.html

IrishHeart Veteran

I am going to make some roasted tomatillos (with fingers crossed that salsa verde is kinder to me than red tomatoes)

and then, make chicken enchiladas.

but first, I am headed for a tool around town on my new bike --with the awesome new fiber optic handlebar streamers that I received yesterday (omg, thank you, dear Ski! they rock!! ) and then, head to the  pool for some backwards walking. Don't laugh--great for strengthening gluts, hammies and quads. :)

Caio, dinner peeps! Bon appetit! xx  

And remember, drink more wine---it's good for you and thank the heavens, it's  gluten free!!!!!

kareng Grand Master

Last night I made a turkey breast in the crockpot!  That is the way to cook them.  It was falling off the bones good!  I got the biggest one the store had - 7.5 pounds.  It just barely fit in the pot.  Put a 1/4 cup or so of water, a stick of butter in the "cavity" and sprinkled freeze dried poultry seasoning on it.  

I thought I would have lots of left-overs but hub ate a pound by himself.  Then M came home from working and ate a pound.  I think I have enough to make a turkey pot pie tonight (unless M has to stay late at work) and a few sandwiches.  I had hoped to have sandwiches for M to take to work this week.  

delicious-turkey.gif

GottaSki Mentor

Last night I made a turkey breast in the crockpot!  That is the way to cook them.  It was falling off the bones good!  I got the biggest one the store had - 7.5 pounds.  It just barely fit in the pot.  Put a 1/4 cup or so of water, a stick of butter in the "cavity" and sprinkled freeze dried poultry seasoning on it.  

I thought I would have lots of left-overs but hub ate a pound by himself.  Then M came home from working and ate a pound.  I think I have enough to make a turkey pot pie tonight (unless M has to stay late at work) and a few sandwiches.  I had hoped to have sandwiches for M to take to work this week.  

delicious-turkey.gif

Yum...hubs has been asking for Turkey here...may have to spring for full price -- lol -- I usually buy them during the holidays and freeze -- especially the non-caged dudes the day after Turkey Day....failed in that mission this year and everyone is craving Turkey!!!!  Guess they'll appreciated my hording of the inexpensive bird in the future ;)

Off to blow sunshine into Mom's apartment and take care of Dad's paperwork...after a short mental health attitude adjusting walk down at the bay :)

Dinner tonight is turkey if I find a nice breast, chicken if I dont!

kareng Grand Master

Yum...hubs has been asking for Turkey here...may have to spring for full price -- lol -- I usually buy them during the holidays and freeze -- especially the non-caged dudes the day after Turkey Day....failed in that mission this year and everyone is craving Turkey!!!!  Guess they'll appreciated my hording of the inexpensive bird in the future ;)

Off to blow sunshine into Mom's apartment and take care of Dad's paperwork...after a short mental health attitude adjusting walk down at the bay :)

Dinner tonight is turkey if I find a nice breast, chicken if I dont!

The funny thing is, neither of them was that excited about the thought of turkey.  Until they smelled it!

GF Lover Rising Star

Ok.   I'm going to get a turkey breast today.  Hadn't realized it sounds so good until you guys mentioned it.

Subliminal messages WORK  :o

Colleen

GottaSki Mentor

Wrong market today for Turkey...will have to wait until tomorrow.

Threw a big assed pork butt into KFG with a couple cans of Bush's Baked Beans, chopped red onion and maple syrup...gonna smell almost as good as Turkey Day in here :)

edited to add...couple shots of Bourbon just fell into the pot ;)

CajunChic Explorer

It would be so nice to sit at one of those dinners like in The Grinch who stole Christmas cartoon. All these delicious foods prepared by celiacs, no worries, no sickness....

One can dream : )

LauraTX Rising Star

That sounds totally delicious.  Bone in, I assume?  I noticed one on markdown sale at the store a few weeks ago and this old lady ran up and sniped it from me!  I was like hey... that was my cheap meat :o     LOL

It would be so nice to sit at one of those dinners like in The Grinch who stole Christmas cartoon. All these delicious foods prepared by celiacs, no worries, no sickness....

One can dream : )

Yess!!!!  I seriously have dreams that go this way.  LOL

Tonight will be grilled pork chops, mini corn cobs, a dollop of leftover beans, and some peas or something to fill up the plate.

Adalaide Mentor

That sounds totally delicious.  Bone in, I assume?  I noticed one on markdown sale at the store a few weeks ago and this old lady ran up and sniped it from me!  I was like hey... that was my cheap meat :o     LOL

Always hold cheap meat or put it in your cart while making considerations. The snipes are everywhere. :ph34r:

Adalaide Mentor

Not planning dinner really. I made a small pot of chicken soup last night that I may decide to have a bit of later. Maybe not. We'll see.

But, I went to the store a bit ago for some Gatorade and stopped in the new gelato place just to chat and see what's safe. The owner has a bunch of allergies and was super helpful, put me in touch with his daughter who will get back to me. So excited. And my husband who thought he wasn't a fan of gelato after Talenti sprung for a watermelon flavored one and is now super in love with the stuff. :D

kareng Grand Master

Always hold cheap meat or put it in your cart while making considerations. The snipes are everywhere. :ph34r:

Always hold cheap meat! Words to live by!

GottaSki Mentor

Lol...I've been known to throw 4 or 5 huge turkeys in my cart whilst I decide which ones are going home. First come.....