This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

SMRI Collaborator

Well, shoot...there goes my Pumpernickel!!  :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

kareng Grand Master

We had Beau Jo's pizza last night. Tonight it Outback! On a little vacation. Tomorrow night we are making cheese ravioli. They had gluten-free " Fresh" ravioli at safeway. Pasta Prima brand.

notme Experienced

Well, shoot...there goes my Pumpernickel!!   :D

yup - sorry!  it was three bakers brand rye style (with caraway seeds)  gluten free - i got it at kroger.  somebody asked me how it was - it was frozen, then i baked it to thaw it, then i loaded it up with thousand island dressing, sauerkraut, corned beef and swiss.  then i pan fried it.  so, for that particular application, it was good and 'held up' <didn't turn to smush and wasn't all cardboardy)  and i did alot of things to it!  lolz

hang around, smri, we swap recipes on here - eventually somebody will come up with a good pump recipe (if they haven't already)  ;)

user001 Contributor

I really want to put cauliflower pizza on the menu for next week, I need something that resembles pizza in my life soon!

Last night we had an amazing dinner. Wegmans gluten free pasta with the following ingredients

onions

garlic

thyme

mushroom

green zuchini squash

skinned and seeded tomatoes

When the veggies and pasta was done, I added the pasta to the skillet with the veggies and added a pat of butter like a 1/2 cup of the pasta water and some parm.. IT WAS SO DELICIOUS.

Is it bad that the I purposely didn't remind the bf to take his lunch this morning? because now its my lunch!

kareng Grand Master

Yummy steak, baked tater & asparagus at Outback last night.

Apparently, the new trend is cider pubs. Like a brew pub but they make various hard ciders. One of them makes cider slushies. I have one of those ice cream makers where you put it in the freezer. When you want to make the ice cream, you have a frozen little tub to make it in with a stirrer. Not great for ice cream but makes great slushies. I think I will be trying that when I get home

kareng Grand Master
LauraTX Rising Star

Last night we had an amazing dinner. Wegmans gluten free pasta with the following ingredients

onions

garlic

thyme

mushroom

green zuchini squash

skinned and seeded tomatoes

When the veggies and pasta was done, I added the pasta to the skillet with the veggies and added a pat of butter like a 1/2 cup of the pasta water and some parm.. IT WAS SO DELICIOUS.

Is it bad that the I purposely didn't remind the bf to take his lunch this morning? because now its my lunch!

I make a similar meal to that every week and eat it for my lunches while my veggie hating husband is at work, LOL!

That slush idea sounds yummy.  I have always been a fan of the OJ/Vodka slush things, I think they have a name but I forget, LOL.  My aunt always makes them.  I have a kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment and it is basically the same setup with the frozen bowl, just no hand crank.

For lunch yesterday I cooked a spaghetti squash, and on top of the "nooodles" it makes, just did up a jarred garlic marinara with some mushrooms.  It is so good, I can't believe I have never made that combination before!  Going into my lunch rotation for sure.  Tonight for dinner will be chicken quesadillas with Udis tortilllas (my store just got them so trying for the first time) and http://johnsoulesfoods.com/ their chicken fajita meat. Need something easy since I am recovering from IVIG yesterday.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

i found 'rye' bread at the kroger. i was all like: "MINE." like those seagulls on finding nemo - (honestly, i say it out loud. people think i'm insane lolz)

rueben sammiches, pot cheeze and pickles :)

Does someone need a seagull outfit for Halloween?

But on other news....I want a Reuben! :-(

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

After the first time I had a gluten-free pizza from Costco they didn't have any more for a couple months, but I kept checking every time we went. Finally one afternoon we went around the corner and I saw them immediately halfway up the aisle. I yelled "ohmygawd pizza!!!" and sprinted to them and grabbed one out of the freezer. People were looking at me funny. I still don't care. :D

Haha!!!! I went to Kroger yesterday to get 1 box of nature valley bars (great for quick munching at work) to get through til I do more grocery shopping Sunday.....I bought every box they had (like 10 of them) cuz they were on sale for $1.50 a piece! Gluten free food on sale, WHAT?!? Now if they can just include the gluten-free Ronzoni noodles in the Ronzoni BOGO sales I will be good (and they will be out of gluten-free Ronzoni just about as fast)

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

We had Beau Jo's pizza last night. Tonight it Outback! On a little vacation. Tomorrow night we are making cheese ravioli. They had gluten-free " Fresh" ravioli at safeway. Pasta Prima brand.

Safeway....that just made me laugh cuz I'm always asking "is this safe for me to eat?" I know, I'm random and weird.

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

Bad? That's down right mean! He was probably at work starving, poor guy! Did you save me some though?

Adalaide Mentor

Tonight is chili. Quick and easy.

I just finished up a basket liner to put my booboo bunnies in for tomorrow. It's very cute. I'll try to make a few more bunnies tonight while we watch some Dr. Who and eat in front of the tv. My super secret plan is that someone will love the basket and pay a ridiculous price for it. It was a thrift shop find and I paid a buck for the fabric on clearance, plus ribbon to tie it. I may be evil. :ph34r:

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

That slush idea sounds yummy. I have always been a fan of the OJ/Vodka slush things, I think they have a name but I forget, LOL. My aunt always makes them. I have a kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment and it is basically the same setup with the frozen bowl, just no hand crank.

OJ and Vodka is called a screwdriver.

kareng Grand Master

Oooo...Evil Addy!

I looked on line and there are actually a million recipes for vodkas slushes using various juices and combos of juices.

I am staying in this condo in Colorado and there is a sign that says " alcohol. Because no great story ever started with someone eating a salad"

Adalaide Mentor

When I was still married to my ex we spent one of our anniversaries at a resort in the Poconos. We had to go through the bar to get to the dining room and one of the mornings the sign said that screwdrivers were the special of the day so I ordered one. My ex told me it was inappropriate. I basically told him to shove it because OJ is a for breakfast so that makes screwdrivers a breakfast drink. :D

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

... OJ is a for breakfast so that makes screwdrivers a breakfast drink. :D

Love it! So true!! Make it one of the sludge thing with some fresh oranges and you have a breakfast smoothie!!!!

user001 Contributor

Bad? That's down right mean! He was probably at work starving, poor guy! Did you save me some though?

I was sadly in no shape to eat solid foods for lunch! We ended up having it as a side with chicken for dinner. I don't think it would have made it to Georgia!

user001 Contributor

Omg it was so tasty though, even left over.

kareng Grand Master

When I was still married to my ex we spent one of our anniversaries at a resort in the Poconos. We had to go through the bar to get to the dining room and one of the mornings the sign said that screwdrivers were the special of the day so I ordered one. My ex told me it was inappropriate. I basically told him to shove it because OJ is a for breakfast so that makes screwdrivers a breakfast drink. :D

Love it! So true!! Make it one of the sludge thing with some fresh oranges and you have a breakfast smoothie!!!!

All that OJ? Of course its healthy and for breakfast! :)

Adalaide Mentor

Yesterday was awesome. Besides being a great day for business, some vendors got moved around and there was someone new across from me. The husband makes little wooden painted dudes that are sets from movies, tv shows, whatever. He's going to do a TNG set for me to give my husband for his birthday in September. Usually there are 7 in a set, but he's going to add in a Locutus for me. It'll be his first Star Trek set and we're both excited. And my husband thinks that going to Comic Con is his birthday present so he'll be surprised. I just better never tell him what the little guys cost. :ph34r:

I made tater wedges, glazed baby carrots and pork chops last night. It was something really simple and easy to throw together because no matter how awesome my Saturday is, it is exhausting being out. I have my ways to keep cool, but that doesn't stop it from being near 100 (in July!! :huh: too soon!) but at least we still have cool mountain breezes this early in the summer. By next month all the ice and snow will be gone from the tallest mountains and that's gonna be gone. :(

Tonight is taco night. My husband was picking on me this morning because I'll eventually run out of my taco seasoning that I bought all of when I found it then I have no idea what I'll do for tacos. <_< Until then though, I'm going to enjoy the best ever tacos. :D

CajunChic Explorer

Sunday the hubs spent the day food prepping for the week. No cooking for me!

Pork tenderloin

Crock pot ribs

Pork and beans with bacon

Succotash

Bbq chicken wings

Roasted okra

Salad fixings

I'm so full thinking about it : )

CajunChic Explorer

And he even found me a gluten-free boudin!

user001 Contributor

Boudin??

Yesterday we got a shkar( you know the ones who make those rolls) brand pizza and it was sooo delicious. The perfect cheese to sauce ratio. My bf cooked it on the oven rack so it was nice and crispy too. He sauteed some onions and green peppers for the top and chopped some black olives. totally hit the spot since my grandmother kept asking if we wanted pizza- all day while we were visiting.

Tonight I took some chicken, bell pepper, jalepeno, garlic carrot and onion and cooked that up in the wok and added some ginger and curry powder (badia is certified gluten free!) and made like a curry fried rice on the deck.. it was delicious. ate wayyyy too much.

kareng Grand Master

Last night was our last night in Colorado - we went to Vinnys in Frisco. So good with food issues! I had a great poached pear, chèvre and candied pecan salad, beef tenderloin in a nice sauce ( they cook bones for days to make the sauce & no thickener needed) on polenta.

Tonight we got home late and ordered pizza from Minsky's.

I have eaten out 4 times in the last 6 days and did not have a problem. It helps to pick places that are specifically trained or have a knowledgeable chef.

kareng Grand Master

Glad you found one! I have not found that many sausages in the US have gluten but I haven't looked for boudin.