This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

allergiescooked Rookie

Creamy risotto with apples, pears, walnuts and gorgonzola! I've been testing out Udi's pizza crusts for a flatbread option... I brush them with extra virgin olive oil and garlic and roast them in the oven. They make pretty decent dippers.  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

icelandgirl Proficient

Mini meatball, veggie and pasta soup.

kareng Grand Master

Last night we had lovely grilled pork chops. Lundberg mixed rice, homemade apple sauce, salad and some really soft sugar cookies I rolled in cinnamon.  They are still nice and soft and moist today!

icelandgirl Proficient

The cold makes me want to use the crock pot all the time...so tonight we're having crock pot meat loaf, mashed potatoes and green beans.

CK1901 Explorer

Grilled buffalo chicken breast and sauteed kale with bleu cheese crumbles!

LauraTX Rising Star

Last night I made a big pot of beef stew, it is perfect for this cold weather.  Tonight I will be making nachos!  Also going to try some Christmas cookies.

SMRI Collaborator

We have a request for stew when our oldest comes to visit for Christmas!  Almost done with the Christmas baking.  I want to do some turtles using Rolo candy and gluten-free pretzels.  I'm debating about making mini cheesecakes too.  I'm running out of time so we will see.  I have to get some real food bought and prepped too.  We have one family get together this weekend and hubs volunteered to bring a lot of food....that I have to prepare....plus figure out what I can bring for me to eat since there won't be any gluten-free options.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Gemini Experienced

Creamy risotto with apples, pears, walnuts and gorgonzola! I've been testing out Udi's pizza crusts for a flatbread option... I brush them with extra virgin olive oil and garlic and roast them in the oven. They make pretty decent dippers.  

I am a pretty good cook myself but can I adopt you????????????  That risotto sounds heavenly!  :D

icelandgirl Proficient

Trying out a new recipe. Smells great so far. I will serve it with rice.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/crock-pot-chicken-la-criolla.html?m=1

SMRI Collaborator

I made some gluten-free cinnamon rolls last night--they are baking in the oven right now.  They better be good because they were a pain in the rear to make :D.  Prime rib is on the menu for Christmas Dinner today.  That has been dry aging in the fridge for a couple days now.

LauraTX Rising Star

My sister made beef wellington for Christmas, so they took off a chunk of the whole beef filet before cooking and saved it for me.  Cooked that on my countertop grill, and she made mac n cheese with a jarred alfredo and cheddar cheese, so I brought some of my gluten-free pasta over and we got some made up in a separate baking dish for me.  She put her floury gluten hands all over the stove, so I didn't eat the green beans that were being made, but I told her to not worry, because with a double portion of steak and a double portion of mac n cheese,  I am completely happy!  Then when I got home I ate a piece of the cake I made for my own personal dessert. :)

bartfull Rising Star

What a great Christmas I had! While my friend cooked a turkey that I COULD eat, I decided to bring a Christmas treat for myself - baked cod. I did some white rice with broccoli and crumbled up bacon in it (yum), and I also made deviled eggs. Instead of mayo and celery I made them with sour cream and bacon. They were really really good. I also brought some of the Udi's double chocolate muffins which I cut up into bite sized pieces. They were like brownies. AND...the peanut butter blossoms were delicious! I made them with the flourless recipe - 1 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon of salt. The recipe called for baking them for 7 minutes at 350 but they didn't look done so I went for 12 minutes. I think they could have cooked even longer because even after cooling they remained so soft they almost fell apart. But oh, they tasted so good. I have been off sugar but decided to cheat because it was Christmas. I ate three of them plus one "brownie".

And yes, this morning I had some of the arthritis pain, but it'll probably be gone again after a couple more days of no sugar. It was worth it.

notme Experienced

I've been testing out Udi's pizza crusts for a flatbread option... I brush them with extra virgin olive oil and garlic and roast them in the oven. They make pretty decent dippers.  

yep, i do that as well :)  just don't over-do them or you will need dental work!  lolz  :)  also, those crusts are a good sub for pita bread (no pocket but you can heat them a little and fold them) when i make gyros.  you have to get inventive.   my favorite word in the kitchen is:  VOILA!  (second favorite:  presto!)  you get the idea   ^_^

last night was bruschetta crusted cod, roasted baby taters (evoo & rosemary) and roasted asparagus.  

tonight is 'oops forgot to take anything out of the freezer'  maybe i'll make mac & cheese if i get real ambitious.  i am craving *CRAVING* bbq ribs.  i'm going to try a recipe that you do in the oven, i think.  don't feel like fooling with the smoker in the winter time  <_<

SMRI Collaborator

I've been doing so much baking/cooking the past few weeks I'm not doing anything today. Someone else can cook tonight :D

gilligan Enthusiast

I am in luck this week!  Visiting son and his dad are doing the cooking to give me a break.  Son is making his famous chili today (minus the added can of beer), and they have a turkey that's been brining. Tomorrow, brother in-law is coming with the nephews, and he's not happy about the chili.  He thought we should have the prime rib we had last year.  Sorry, but we ate the prime rib yesterday, and we aren't sharing the leftovers!   :rolleyes:

icelandgirl Proficient

It's bitter cold and windy here today. I'm making applesauce in the crockpot. The house smells amazing! For dinner I'm making pork chops...serving applesauce with...Also a tossed salad and buttered parmesan noodles.

SMRI Collaborator

Making steak and baked potatoes tonight....once I get the motivation to get the steaks going anyway....I would rather grill them but it's too cold!!

bartfull Rising Star

Egg salad made with sour cream instead of mayo and bacon instead of celery. Cheesey rice and broccoli. I heat the rice and broccoli, then mix the egg salad into it. Looks funny but tastes good. :)

kareng Grand Master

bacon instead of celery. 

Bacon is interchangeable with many foods!  lol

bartfull Rising Star

Bacon (along with Dunkin' Donuts coffee) is one of the greatest gifts God has given to mankind. :lol:

icelandgirl Proficient

Coconut flour crusted chicken tenders, tossed salad and roasted sweet potatoes, potatoes, yellow beets, carrots and red onion.

notme Experienced

Coconut flour crusted chicken tenders, tossed salad and roasted sweet potatoes, potatoes, yellow beets, carrots and red onion.

that sounds yummy :) 

husband is on the road, so i'm making the white pizza he hates (udi's crust, ricotta, mozz, parmesan reggiano, broccoli, sweet onion and some leftover sausage)  he hates broccoli on pizza.  ok, he hates everything about this pizza, lololz  :D

icelandgirl Proficient

that sounds yummy :) 

husband is on the road, so i'm making the white pizza he hates (udi's crust, ricotta, mozz, parmesan reggiano, broccoli, sweet onion and some leftover sausage)  he hates broccoli on pizza.  ok, he hates everything about this pizza, lololz  :D

It's really good and best of all, everyone likes it including the 3 kids!

Tonight we are having crock pot jerk chicken tacos with mango salsa and rice. New recipe...hope its good!

LauraTX Rising Star

I have been eating easy things lately, I am in a lupus flareup and it is totally kicking my butt.  Luckily my husband is very helpful doing anything physical, last weekend I wanted to make biscuits so he made up the dough for me as it is hard on my hands.  Gonna make pigs in a blanket with those little sausages and that biscuit dough this coming weekend.  (Recipe here)

Last night I made grilled chicken with veggies on the side, and earlier I was eating a lot of freezer meals I had made up for when I feel bad.  I freeze cooked taco meat, beef stew, random pasta type things because I know it will help me when I have my difficult health days.  Tonight I have some ham to use up, so I am just going to heat that up and have carrots and corn on the side, random things from the fridge and freezer.  Earlier this week, I tried out the Walmart brand gluten-free hamburger helper stuff, the cheesy macaroni and beef one, and it was really good.  When I first got married my husband asked me to make hamburger helper and I was shocked because I was never a fan, but I would make it sometimes and it is definitely something he likes.  The under $2 price was nice, too.  I will probably keep some in the pantry regularly and tell him to cook it when I am not feeling well.  I am slowly teaching him the ways of the kitchen so he can do my bidding  ^_^

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Vegetarian "meatloaf" cupcakes and mashed potatoes.