• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

Aw...thanks so much mycasmommy. We're trying. Your soup sounds yummy!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Today I had a frozen Udi's pizza.  They are on sale at Target for $5 (not sure how long) and if you use their cartwheel app, you get 5% off.  Their app works like a scannable coupon on your phone, no gimmicks like some of those other coupon apps you see on the crazy couponer blogs.  They basically have 5%off most Udis items right now, and my Target at least has a lot of their new frozen items now.  Their big lasagna with meat sauce is really good.  Totally worth the $9.99 since lasagna can cost a lot to make.

They also have 20% off Canyon Bakehouse bread with the cartwheel app until Feb 14th, for my fellow fans of that brand.  Good time to stock up, have them get you frozen ones from the back.

Last night was taco night.  I have been a little sick so trying to make easy stuff.  My husband ate at schlotzkys today with his coworkers, they all ordered personal pizzas and were wondering why they cost so much.  Turns out they were all charged $2 to have gluten-free crust, which they definitely didn't request.  My husband said he politely corrected his coworkers when they went "oh well I guess we ate healthy then"... LOL he makes me so proud :)  He said it was good so I wonder which one they are using, didn't see on the website.  Highly doubt that place can make it safely gluten-free.

This week, we had a yummy beef, Ital sausage, potato and bell pepper dish.  I put too much broth in it so it was more like stew.  Very yummy.  Added a bit of red wine and some pepper flakes.

Tonight nachos and refried bean dip.

I have just enjoyed salmon risotto...made real easy! I cooked the salmon (for two people) in a wok with a little olive oil, I then  added some garlic, salt and pepper, a handful of frozen peas and a little water, I put the lid on and let it cook slowly for 10 minutes, I drained the water, and added some dry pre cooked rice I had in the fridge..I served it with a squirt of lemon juice and it was so good, but more importantly  quick!

I did up an Artichoke and Sweet Italian Sausage baked Ziti  (Tinkyada, I <3 you)

and in the fridge, awaiting our drool, is a White Chocolate and Amaretto Cheesecake on a grain free almond/amaretto graham style crust. There is also a bottle of Tangello (Limoncello orange style) in the freezer to go with.

I did up an Artichoke and Sweet Italian Sausage baked Ziti  (Tinkyada, I <3 you)

and in the fridge, awaiting our drool, is a White Chocolate and Amaretto Cheesecake on a grain free almond/amaretto graham style crust. There is also a bottle of Tangello (Limoncello orange style) in the freezer to go with.

That cheesecake sounds amazing!

That cheesecake sounds amazing!

I just put the recipe in my blog on the side there. :D DO IT DO IT!!!  (it took me about an hour to get it from start to fridge, including dishes. My family will never leave me mouhahahahah)

I just put the recipe in my blog on the side there. :D DO IT DO IT!!! (it took me about an hour to get it from start to fridge, including dishes. My family will never leave me mouhahahahah)

Here:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/blog/1148/entry-2038-brynjas-artichoke-sausage-baked-ziti-and-a-white-chocolate-almond-amaretto-cheesecake/

The blogs sort of fall off the first page and a few weeks from now, this link will be easier

Tinkyada, I <3 you

dtto!

Leftover (second pan) of Artichoke & Sausage Baked Ziti tonight but for lunch?

I just pulled these twice baked potatoes out of the oven.  Stuffed with sharp white cheddar, green onions, butter, sour cream, salt & pepper. OH MAI BELLY IS FULL!!!

10959764_10152801145974440_1523682083276

cooking for my friend's mardi gras party tomorrow night - making oysters bienville for 40 (and taking mine out first, of course)  and spicy marinated shrimp to eat with udi's baguette.  also crab cakes :)  we're having the shrimp & crabcakes with salad for dinner tonight and i will take leftovers to the party.  if i have time, ima try a king cake.  no baby, though!  idk if baby is gluten-free !!  lololz  :D

cooking for my friend's mardi gras party tomorrow night - making oysters bienville for 40 (and taking mine out first, of course)  and spicy marinated shrimp to eat with udi's baguette.  also crab cakes :)  we're having the shrimp & crabcakes with salad for dinner tonight and i will take leftovers to the party.  if i have time, ima try a king cake.  no baby, though!  idk if baby is gluten-free !!  lololz   :D

Oh sounds like so much fun!  I do not know anyone to invite to dinner parties yet, here in my new city.  I LOVE to have dinner parties haha  I never even bother to tell them it will be grain free.  Except if those choose to bring any alcohol, anyway.  Dont work too hard, that is a LOT of oysters!!!

Oh sounds like so much fun!  I do not know anyone to invite to dinner parties yet, here in my new city.  I LOVE to have dinner parties haha  I never even bother to tell them it will be grain free.  Except if those choose to bring any alcohol, anyway.  Dont work too hard, that is a LOT of oysters!!!

Oh my gosh...I wish I lived close to you. I would be so excited to go to a dinner party that was all gluten free! Plus all the stuff you make looks delish!

Oh my gosh...I wish I lived close to you. I would be so excited to go to a dinner party that was all gluten free! Plus all the stuff you make looks delish!

Right??  I would LOVE to host you! haha It would be great to host people that were able to feel 100% safe about eating at my home simply because my kitchen is gluten free on top of a tasty gluten-free meal.  I keep that recipe blog here because I hope that newly Dx'ed people will be able to have a look/see and feel a bit better because a person CAN MAKE ANY GASTRONOMIC DELIGHT they wish witIh a few gluten-free (or grain free or dairy free..whatever) tweaks.  Dinner parties though.. appetizers, fancy drinks, a main course, and a dessert PLUS haha I like the decorating and choosing music and planning games.  Yep I like the whole shebang.  I like friends coming early to help wiht the prep too because even that is fun. and THEMES??? gahhh  I love it! :D mouahahha  aww... I need some friends. :(

Tonight I have passed the local pizzeria menu out and told everyone to choose their pizza.  I will make it to specification for them in my own kitchen.  I bought pizza boxes from the pizza place when I picked up the menu. haha :D  When the SO gets home from work tonight we will have family movie night too. Its finally MY TURN to choose.  I think we are going to watch The Messenger.

Ah this evening I will be making a Stuffed Pepper Soup.  Before I get started on it, I will be making copy cat Campbells Tomato Soup , and THEN we will get busy! I just finished a Salted Caramel Fudge that is chilling in the fridge. I even did dishes today as the others were complaining that I "only" cook.  Someone needs to have a talk with them! LOL

Ah this evening I will be making a Stuffed Pepper Soup.  Before I get started on it, I will be making copy cat Campbells Tomato Soup , and THEN we will get busy! I just finished a Salted Caramel Fudge that is chilling in the fridge. I even did dishes today as the others were complaining that I "only" cook.  Someone needs to have a talk with them! LOL

They definitely need to do the dishes considering the gourmet masterpieces you are feeding them... ROFL!!! 

Yesterday was a very fatigued lupus day, but I made it through the grocery store with my husband, and we made nachos when we got home with some meat I had frozen that was already cooked.  Then for dinner I was so tired I could barely stand, so my husband made me one of my favorite sick meals- green beans and mac n cheese.  I thought it was so sweet, I need to get him working for me in the kitchen more, lol

What am I cooking tonight?  Hm, I guess I will do pancakes or something.  I have been slacking off and napping instead of meal planning.

Ah this evening I will be making a Stuffed Pepper Soup. Before I get started on it, I will be making copy cat Campbells Tomato Soup , and THEN we will get busy! I just finished a Salted Caramel Fudge that is chilling in the fridge. I even did dishes today as the others were complaining that I "only" cook. Someone needs to have a talk with them! LOL

I will do the dishes if you cook for me! And I won't whine about it....not even once. :)

Edit- forgot to add what I am having - grilled chicken, oranges, red peppers, walnuts on spinach salad.

Edited by kareng

Mycasmom...Yum again! The fudge sounds so good. Chocolate is my favorite food group so I'm partial to that.

Laura...I'm sorry to hear of the lupus struggle but it so sweet to hear how your hubby loves you. One of my cousins has lupus and it is such a hard disease.

I made spaghetti and meatballs tonight with garlic bread and green beans. Very enjoyable comfort food.

I ran out of dish soap with a sink full of dishes, so I went by walmart late this evening, not a place I usually go, so I decided to see if they have the new Pillsbury Funfetti gluten-free cake mix.  They had that and the cookie mix.

http://www.pillsburybaking.com/products/gluten-free/funfetti-cake-mix

I was pretty ecstatic to find this, as the original funfetti was a favorite as a kid.  I made the mix, the batter had to be spread, not poured.  But overalll turned out very good!

The pillsbury funfetti frosting is not labeled gluten-free like their regular frostings, so I used a duncan hines one- vanilla with sprinkles.  The ingredients on the Pillsbury looked okay with a quick glance, but there is probably a reason it isn't labeled as such, so I went with the sure thing. So, check walmart if you want to try it, but at mine it wasn't in the baking aisle, it was on one of their big displays in the middle of the main aisle where valentines baking stuff was.

They definitely need to do the dishes considering the gourmet masterpieces you are feeding them... ROFL!!! 

I will do the dishes if you cook for me! And I won't whine about it....not even once. :)

haha !!  I would love to cook for non whining dish washers! :D :D  Come over anytime!

Tonight is left over night. That Stuffed Pepper Soup I made last night was fantastic..and there was a lot of it. We all had 3rds.  The recipe I tried for copy cat cambells tomato soup was astounding!  just WOW!!! Just like the real thing and all gluten/grain free. YES! *makes arm in the air pumping motion*  I will post it on my blog later.

I made some pulled pork in the crockpot so the last 2 days we have and sandwiches with Gates BBQ sauce on it and a vinegar (not evil mayo) based coleslaw.  Add a tart apple, like granny smith, to the coleslaw!  So good!

Tonight we are having chicken mole enchiladas with a rice with some veggies in it 0 carrot, peas, corn, peppers.

Tomorrow night we are making pizza I have a nice Italian seasoned crust and I am thinking ricotta, pancetta, red onions, with marinara and some moz, too.  A chocolate flourless cake with raspberry sauce and maybe a bit of vanilla ice cream or gelato

Tomorrow night we are making pizza I have a nice Italian seasoned crust and I am thinking ricotta, pancetta, red onions, with marinara and some moz, too.  A chocolate flourless cake with raspberry sauce and maybe a bit of vanilla ice cream or gelato

Oh that sounds YUMMY.  Pizza is the perfect food!  I did up some more Fried stuffed Gnocchi and Arribiatta for Valentines day. The fam REALLY devoured it. I like it too. :D

tonight though?  I am thinking we will go simple. Some fresh made butter (easier to make than you think and delish!) and I am going to give a large hunk of artisan style gluten-free bread with a salty crust a try and pull it out of the oven with some slices of apples and fresh cheeses. Some hot tea to go with.  Strange dinners at the Starry Night Stronghold (That's what I call wherever we are living,)

Strange dinners at the Starry Night Stronghold (That's what I call wherever we are living,)

haha!  our house is 'Die Fledermaus Haus'  :)  or 'The House of Fifty Mustards' 

last night we had cod in parchment with orange, ginger & mushrooms (the recipe wanted s$#&akes, but evidently, if you are expecting snow in east tennessee, everybody needs s$#&akes???  lolz)  steamed sticky rice and romaine salad.  tonight is repeat, haha :D

i breaded & fried chicken breast cutlets the other night and they came out so moist & delicious.  i  mixed some mayo and a little milk with the egg, dipped chicken, dredge in breadcrumbs seasoned with italian seasoning and parmesan reggiano .  yummy yumz.  they were good as a standalone 'meat' but would also be good in a sandwich or chicken parm :)  as it were, we ate them with mashed 'taters & sauteed zucchini 

We are having a beautiful snowy day...large fluffy snowflakes are falling softly. I love it!

Tonight for dinner...Swedish meatballs, noodles, asparagus...

haha!  our house is 'Die Fledermaus Haus'   :)  or 'The House of Fifty Mustards' 

last night we had cod in parchment with orange, ginger & mushrooms (the recipe wanted s$#&akes, but evidently, if you are expecting snow in east tennessee, everybody needs s$#&akes???  lolz)  steamed sticky rice and romaine salad.  tonight is repeat, haha :D

i breaded & fried chicken breast cutlets the other night and they came out so moist & delicious.  i  mixed some mayo and a little milk with the egg, dipped chicken, dredge in breadcrumbs seasoned with italian seasoning and parmesan reggiano .  yummy yumz.  they were good as a standalone 'meat' but would also be good in a sandwich or chicken parm :)  as it were, we ate them with mashed 'taters & sauteed zucchini 

The Bathouse?  I LOVE IT hahahahha :D  I have people address out mail to it.  Makes life so much easier. That or they can send it to Lord and Lady Laughington. :D

I am glad to see another person who knows and USES Parmeggiano Reggiano. Its soo GOOD!

We are having a beautiful snowy day...large fluffy snowflakes are falling softly. I love it!

Tonight for dinner...Swedish meatballs, noodles, asparagus...

I WANT THE SNOW TOO!!  I moved north for winter and what to I get?  Spring in Seattle ...no fluff white goodness :(  Do you have lingonberry jam to serve with those meatballs?  Did you somehow find gluten-free egg noodles? ah.. they are probably made of corn if you did .. *pouts*  I serve them with boiled potatoes.  OK I am just hungry now... thanks a lot! :P