This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Asked my husband what kind of game hunter he was. Does that mean you're hungry, he replied. Affirmative, I answered.

What I'm cooking depends upon what he brings back :)

I love wild game! Venison is great when we can get it. We live in a city and don't hunt but my dad often hunts and gives us some of the deer meat.

I didn't feel like do a lot of cooking today so we're having turkey burgers with raw veggies and hummus tonight. Nice and simple.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

freeatlast Collaborator

I love wild game! Venison is great when we can get it. We live in a city and don't hunt but my dad often hunts and gives us some of the deer meat.

I didn't feel like do a lot of cooking today so we're having turkey burgers with raw veggies and hummus tonight. Nice and simple.

I was speaking figuratively. My bad. Sorry.

It will still be an experience to see what HE brings back from the grocery. I made him a detailed list. All of that????? he asked. :)

I was speaking figuratively. My bad. Sorry.

It will still be an experience to see what HE brings back from the grocery. I made him a detailed list. All of that????? he asked. :)

Oh, I really thought he was going hunting! :lol:

Marilyn R Community Regular

I had lunch at work today with a coworker who brought curried goat. I have her recipe now. You could really bum him out if you put goat on the grocery list. (We can get frozen goat from West Indies grocery stores or Indian gorcers here.)

We had little grilled burgers and fennel sausage tonight with sweet cheeries and sliced peaches and green salad with Italian olives. Dark chocolate for dessert. Very yummy. And I wasn't hungry, so it was a bonus. Does anybody else have those times when you're supposed to eat and you just cant's care about eating? :ph34r:

navigator Apprentice

I've found that since being gluten free that I'm hardly ever hungry and eat smaller portions than before. I imagine it's that my body is now absorbing more nutrients and so isn't looking for more food. I've struggled with my weight since childhood and now as well as not feeling hungry the weight just keeps coming off!! I'm also finding that I'm enjoying my food more than before.

Dinner tonight is venison haunch steaks from local deer farm.

love2travel Mentor

I had lunch at work today with a coworker who brought curried goat. I have her recipe now. You could really bum him out if you put goat on the grocery list. (We can get frozen goat from West Indies grocery stores or Indian gorcers here.)

We had little grilled burgers and fennel sausage tonight with sweet cheeries and sliced peaches and green salad with Italian olives. Dark chocolate for dessert. Very yummy. And I wasn't hungry, so it was a bonus. Does anybody else have those times when you're supposed to eat and you just cant's care about eating? :ph34r:

My husband get goat whenever we find it! Yum.

The only times I do not care about food is when I am sick. It takes a lot for me not to think about food! :P

Sarah Alli Apprentice

Does anybody else have those times when you're supposed to eat and you just cant's care about eating? :ph34r:

Yes, and other times I feel absolutely ravenous. I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast each morning but some days I'm eying the sack lunch by 11am. Other days, like today, I skip lunch entirely because I just don't feel hungry. I usually try to have a bit of something, a handful of nuts or a piece of fruit, though.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

come dance with me Enthusiast

We'll have a roast vege lasagne tonight :)

Marilyn R Community Regular

Sorry about all of my typos. I've discovered that my most ravenous time is mid day, so I upgraded my lunchbox. It's now a 12 pack cooler from WalMart sporting goods section. (I'd been carrying a 6-pack).

This evening I pre-loaded it with safe dried cranberries and nuts, a little bottle of olive oil. I cut my lime in half for tomorrow, chopped up some artichoke hearts and carrots, and I already have chopped/washed/spun lettuce. That will be great with leftover roast chicken and a big fruit salad of melon, peaches, bluebeerries. I squirted the other half of the lime on the peaches.

It helps me so much to have my lunch prepared in advance, to just throw containers and baggies into a lunch bag along with some blue ice. I might have a banana or a sweet potato for breakfast tomorrow, but lunch will be good. And that will give me the fuel to get through another day.

I'm finally gaining weight! People are noticing and commenting on how much better I look. Yay! 7 lb. gain!

I used to be a morning person, but I'm definitely not anymore.

As to the OP, we had grilled chicken legs, sweet potatoes and salad, with a little dark chocolate for desert.

Poppi Enthusiast

For dinner:

Corn spaghetti with marinara sauce, corn on the cob and hamburger patties leftover from the other night.

For dessert:

Homemade hot chocolate, homemade oatmeal raisin cookies and cashew clusters from Costco.

mbrookes Community Regular

Summer is my favorite time to eat. I hit the farmer's market today, so it's all vegetables tonight: tiny green butterbeans, corn pudding, boiled new potatoes with rosemary, fresh snaps (aka green beans) with cornbread. And that's what I like about the South. Oh, and peach cobbler.

freeatlast Collaborator

Summer is my favorite time to eat. I hit the farmer's market today, so it's all vegetables tonight: tiny green butterbeans, corn pudding, boiled new potatoes with rosemary, fresh snaps (aka green beans) with cornbread. And that's what I like about the South. Oh, and peach cobbler.

Oh yeah :)

Sarah Alli Apprentice

For dinner:

Corn spaghetti with marinara sauce, corn on the cob and hamburger patties leftover from the other night.

For dessert:

Homemade hot chocolate, homemade oatmeal raisin cookies and cashew clusters from Costco.

Ohmigosh, have you had Costco's macadamia nut, caramel, and chocolate clusters? I don't even know if they're gluten free but you should check because they are GOOD. Haven't had them in a long time though cause my we moved to an area without a costco close by and then my membership expired... :'(

samie Contributor

We had rice pasta with meat and spagetti sauce.

freeatlast Collaborator

Crock potted chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, green peppers, yellow peppers, and beets.

sa1937 Community Regular

A bowl of creamy potato soup (made when my granddaughter was here for a few days). I made banana bread today so will definitely taste it later this evening and maybe also have some watermelon.

alex11602 Collaborator

Chicken and yellow rice again. I really need to get back in the kitchen.

Taco salads.

Taco salads.

We can't have Tacos anymore because I cannot find any gluten free taco shells anywhere at all :/

We can't have Tacos anymore because I cannot find any gluten free taco shells anywhere at all :/

If you are in the US, Mission brand corn tortillas are gluten-free. They are not tested but they are made on lines used only for corn products. I also sometimes make my own corn tortillas using MaSeCa brand masa harina.

We're in rural northern Australia so no luck there.

catsmeow Contributor

Curry Hamburger cabbage

I sauteed a bag of shredded cabbage meant for coleslaw and tossed it with ground beef.

I used:

Cabbage

beef

curry

coconut milk

garlic

onion

ginger

sea salt

sugar

pepper

This turned out really fabulous!!!

love2travel Mentor

Pork Stuffed Red Peppers

Herb Risotto

Creamy Coleslaw

Watermelon Granita

Tomorrow promises to be more exciting!

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight is a simple burger (ground beef with just a little bit of ground pepper, onion and rice chex) and pan fried potatoes with garlic.

sa1937 Community Regular

I just took some really yummy-looking hamburger buns out of the oven (Jules Shepard's recipe with slight variations by me) but since I didn't start them until 5:30 or so, I think I'll just make a sandwich...not a burger. And a glass of wine. :P