This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

notme Experienced

well, tonight was supposed to be: white turkey chili (cooked turkey in the freezer, also i make (sort, soak & cook) batches of white beans from dried beans and freeze them. something in the canned beans doesn't like me.)

but, the whole house (except me - haha) has a stomach bug and doesn't want anything to eat....

but, hey: i made homemade raviolis the other night!!! my kid got me a pasta machine for Christmas and we broke it in. they turned out AWESOME <a little ugly, thinking of getting a ravioli mold lolz) delicious and delicate pasta. i used the bette hagman recipe for the dough. the stuff is bulletproof. 3 cheese filling. yummmmmzzzzzz.. i am thinking potstickers and pierogies in my near future.... yeh!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

love2travel Mentor

well, tonight was supposed to be: white turkey chili (cooked turkey in the freezer, also i make (sort, soak & cook) batches of white beans from dried beans and freeze them. something in the canned beans doesn't like me.)

but, the whole house (except me - haha) has a stomach bug and doesn't want anything to eat....

but, hey: i made homemade raviolis the other night!!! my kid got me a pasta machine for Christmas and we broke it in. they turned out AWESOME <a little ugly, thinking of getting a ravioli mold lolz) delicious and delicate pasta. i used the bette hagman recipe for the dough. the stuff is bulletproof. 3 cheese filling. yummmmmzzzzzz.. i am thinking potstickers and pierogies in my near future.... yeh!

How great! I so enjoy making pasta and potstickers with all sorts of delicious fillings.

love2travel Mentor

Momofuku Ginger Scallion Noodles

Roast Pork Balls Stuffed with Scallions and Garlic served with Bibb Lettuce Cups

Homemade Nuoc Cham and Blueberry "Ketchup" for sauces

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Fried chicken strips (sweet rice flour)

Mashed potatoes

Fruit salad

I guess The Kid liked them, he ate all but 3 pieces and told me I should make them more often!

Btw you need 2x the seasoning using rice flour v. Wheat.

Jestgar Rising Star

Grilled T-bone, taters, and a leaf or tow of something green, just for show. :rolleyes:

mushroom Proficient

Fried chicken strips (sweet rice flour)

Mashed potatoes

Fruit salad

I guess The Kid liked them, he ate all but 3 pieces and told me I should make them more often!

Btw you need 2x the seasoning using rice flour v. Wheat.

Yes, I did fried chicken tenderloins last night dipped in egg and herbed breadcrumbs, to which I added lots of salt, pepper and some parmesan cheese and dried garlic, and it was just about right (and I am not a "hotted up food" kind of person.) Also made a pasta salad with garlic, feta, kalamata olive, red onion, parmesan and herbs, with some Armenian cucumber spears on the side.

mushroom Proficient

It makes me laugh when I look at this thread. Most 'ordinary" folk would not realize that this was a gluten free thread :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

It makes me laujgh when I look at this thread. Most 'ordinary" folk would not realize that this was a gluten free thread :lol:

So true! I love that we are able to eat just as well, if not even BETTER than the gluten fiends! :D

xjrosie Apprentice

Grilled T-bone, taters, and a leaf or tow of something green, just for show. :rolleyes:

Yum! I love steak...if only I could eat it every day.

We are having leftovers. Fortunately, leftovers are just BBQ pulled pork that was cooked in a slowcooker all day. I use the McCormick's pulled pork seasoning pack, then add a bit more brown sugar to put it on the sweet side. Then we're going to have honey-roasted baby carrots and a Caesar salad.

For dessert - purple cows. (Vanilla ice cream with Faygo grape pop)

sora Community Regular

Fried chicken (breast) with br. rice flour

mashed potatoes and milk gravy with thyme

swiss chard with garlic

My son said it was F'ing awesome. :)

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Breakfast! Simple scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, ham and fruit salad. I had a late meeting and wanted something easy. Humus and red pepper slices for a snack later tonight.

Lisa Mentor

My son said it was F'ing awesome. :)

Guess that's good? :unsure: ...OOOOH, your fried chicken was good.

love2travel Mentor

Momofuku Ginger Scallion Noodles

Roast Pork Balls Stuffed with Scallions and Garlic served with Bibb Lettuce Cups

Homemade Nuoc Cham and Blueberry "Ketchup" for sauces

We had much of the same tonight except I added steamed broccoli to the mix. The blueberry ketchup is amazing! It is almost like a savoury jam that would go so well with wild duck or venison, too.

Lisa Mentor

We had much of the same tonight except I added steamed broccoli to the mix. The blueberry ketchup is amazing! It is almost like a savoury jam that would go so well with wild duck or venison, too.

Okay...I've been thinkin' this for a while now... you and your hubby must weigh five thousand pounds by now. :angry::unsure::P;) ...or do you secretly eat Rice Check for dinner. :P

love2travel Mentor

Okay...I've been thinkin' this for a while now, you and your hubby must weigh five thousand pounds by now. :angry::unsure::P;) ...or do you secretly eat Rice Check for dinner. :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Funny! Sometimes I do have Chex for breakfast! We eat whatever we want but in moderation - that is the key. We eat on smaller plates and I cook things in a very healthy way whenever possible. We eat a lot of raw fruit and vegetables and an incredibly varied diet. I could easily cook three meals a day for an entire year (actually, longer) without doubling up on one single dish even once. But we love variety! :D And I think that is important. We never get stuck with boring meals except maybe the odd breakfast.

We both do need to lose about 20 lb admittedly and are working towards it. We both exercise daily and try to make wise choices throughout the day. That does not always happen as I am a professional recipe tester and make some pretty delectable things frequently in addition to what I cook for us.

I also took Nutrition in university so our meals are usually balanced (at least throughout the day).

We are in for a major treat Friday night - will post later. :)

burdee Enthusiast

Sunshine burgers (barbeque flavor), okinawa yams (purple) and brussel sprouts. The last 2 dishes were topped with Earth Balance dairy/soy free buttery spread. Actually the whole thing was a 'leftovers' frozen dinner from a few weeks ago. I'm running out of those leftovers frozen dinners. So I'll need to cook again soon.

sora Community Regular

Guess that's good? :unsure: ...OOOOH, your fried chicken was good.

We actually ended up having a discussion about how gluten-free flours had a better flavor than wheat flour and he commented that what we were eating now was so much better than before gluten-free.

lucia Enthusiast

Vegetarian Meal:

-carrot soup, with golden honey & thyme

-sauteed broccoli rabe with raisins

-tomato gratin (with gluten-free breadcrumbs, of course)

-brown rice pasta with pesto sauce

sora Community Regular

Simple tonight, Chicken burgers with Quinoa flat bread.

Maybe some been soup later.

Lisa Mentor

Taco's for the girlpals tonight. Come on over! :D

GFreeMO Proficient

Hamburgers in lettuce "buns" and homemade oven fries. Bing cherries for dessert.

Adalaide Mentor

Got brave enough to make some mac & cheese to go with my grilled chicken. If I didn't make it myself I wouldn't have guessed it was gluten free. Maybe this isn't so bad after all. :D

Lisa Mentor

Got brave enough to make some mac & cheese to go with my grilled chicken. If I didn't make it myself I wouldn't have guessed it was gluten free. Maybe this isn't so bad after all. :D

:D

GFdad0110 Apprentice

made my 21 month old son gluten-free waffles. he loved them. freeze left overs for quick nutritious breakfast.

1/3 cup Namaste brand flour mix (or what ever mix u like).

1/3/cup almond meal

1/3 cup quinoa flour

2tbs. baking power

1tsp. cinnamon

1 egg

2 tbs.oil (i use evoo)

about a cup of (lactaid) milk (more or less for your desired consistency)

GFdad0110 Apprentice

oooops forgot one of the ingredients in the waffle recipe

4tbs. sugar 1/2 brown 1/2 white