This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GFdad0110 Apprentice

Simple tonight, Chicken burgers with Quinoa flat bread.

Maybe some been soup later.

where do u get the quinoa flat bread?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

freeatlast Collaborator
:rolleyes: MSG-less sausage 'n eggs 'n homemade biscuits. YUM
sora Community Regular

where do u get the quinoa flat bread?

I make my own, almost everyday.

Quinoa Flat Bread

1 cup Quinoa flour ( you can switch it up with other flours)

1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum

pinch of salt

3/4 cup water

Mix it up, it will be like thick porridge.

Use parchment paper on a cookie sheet and with wet fingers pat and spread dough into flat breads (1/4 inch).

I usually make four for burgers.

Top with salt or herbs and bake at 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes.

For burgers I add about a tablespoon baking soda and pat them about 1/2 inch thick and bake at 350 for about 20 to 30 minutes. When I take them out of the oven I cover them so they are not too crispy. Then I use a serrated tomato knife to slice them open.

sora Community Regular

It's been snowing like crazy since yesterday and I was out shoveling so wanted something to warm me up.

Oven Mac and Cheese and Broccoli

And I may make peanut butter cookies for later.

lucia Enthusiast

(Easy) Vegetarian Meal:

-yellow squash and gruyere cheese casserole (I'm using Corn Chex in lieu of bread crumbs; we'll see how it turns out)

-roasted green cabbage

-roasted beets

(I want peanut butter cookies too now!)

Adalaide Mentor

Hamburgers in lettuce "buns" and homemade oven fries. Bing cherries for dessert.

This was such a great idea I decided to have burgers tonight. It never dawned on me to just wrap it in lettuce. I paired it with some tater tots. I imagine when I'm craving my sugar fix later I'll have some of my canned peaches from last fall. (I have no fear of cc because I am insane about kitchen cleanliness, especially when canning.)

alex11602 Collaborator

Since it's so cold out we decided to make chicken noodle soup. It's also one of our simple, don't have to stand in the kitchen meals.

I took the chicken and browned it in olive oil on the stove, then cut it up and added it to a pot with salt, pepper, garlic, onion and enough water to make the amount of broth we want. Let that simmer for about 20 min. until it tasted like chicken broth instead of water then added some chopped baby carrots and kept simmering it. Meanwhile made some pad thai rice noodles. When it was time to serve put the noodles in the bowl and then added the soup.

It really hit the spot tonight.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFreeMO Proficient

Since it's so cold out we decided to make chicken noodle soup. It's also one of our simple, don't have to stand in the kitchen meals.

I took the chicken and browned it in olive oil on the stove, then cut it up and added it to a pot with salt, pepper, garlic, onion and enough water to make the amount of broth we want. Let that simmer for about 20 min. until it tasted like chicken broth instead of water then added some chopped baby carrots and kept simmering it. Meanwhile made some pad thai rice noodles. When it was time to serve put the noodles in the bowl and then added the soup.

It's freezing here too. It's 25right now. I am going to make that soup tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.

alex11602 Collaborator

It's freezing here too. It's 25right now. I am going to make that soup tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy!

It's 27 here and extremely windy so the wind is just cutting right through the apartment :(

Adalaide Mentor

Soup does sound pretty good. I made stock from my leftover Thanksgiving turkey so all I have to do is pop that in a pot and add veggies and noodles. It's a great way to simplify winter soup.

freeatlast Collaborator

That does look good! Can you get just the noodles? I always see kits to make a meal without the meat with the seasoning packet in it. Is that what you mean? Or do you buy just the rice noodles? I've never seen JUST THE NOODLES. Will have to look for that.

alex11602 Collaborator

That does look good! Can you get just the noodles? I always see kits to make a meal without the meat with the seasoning packet in it. Is that what you mean? Or do you buy just the rice noodles? I've never seen JUST THE NOODLES. Will have to look for that.

Yes you can get just the noodles. Mine were Annie Chun's brand.

sa1937 Community Regular

I have seen rice noodles in the grocery store but if you have an Asian store near you, they will be downright cheap.

freeatlast Collaborator

I have seen rice noodles in the grocery store but if you have an Asian store near you, they will be downright cheap.

THANKS! Yes, I have a NEW to me Asian store and I LOVE it. It's an Indian grocery and I got 4 lbs. of rice flour last week for $2.99!!!!! And, it's the finely ground kind. Will look there for rice noodles. GREAT IDEA!!!!

GFdad0110 Apprentice

Quinoa salad

1 cup quinoa

1 1/2 cup green pepper

1 1/2 cup broccoli

1 1/2 cup tomato ( I use grape tomato)

1/2 cup fresh basil

juice of 1 lime

1/2 tsp. salt

mix and serve chilled

I usually make enough to have left overs for lunch. I mix in tuna, mayo and black pepper. for get about it!

love2travel Mentor

Guess what our high is for Monday? MINUS 37 F. Now that is brrrrrr.... :angry:

love2travel Mentor

Friday Night:

Seared Scallops with Vanilla Bean Aioli

Smoked and Seared Duck Breast to a perfect medium rare

Parsnip Puree

Beet Coulis

Goat Cheese Mousse

Pickled Shallots

Earl Grey Pot de Creme

It was absolutely sublime!

love2travel Mentor

THANKS! Yes, I have a NEW to me Asian store and I LOVE it. It's an Indian grocery and I got 4 lbs. of rice flour last week for $2.99!!!!! And, it's the finely ground kind. Will look there for rice noodles. GREAT IDEA!!!!

On our most recent visit to an Asian store we got eight different kinds of noodles including cellophane, green bean, sweet potato, mung bean, green pea - they are so inexpensive and lovely and, best of all, gluten free.

cahill Collaborator

That makes our 16* F look like a heat wave.

Tonight was lamb gravy over rice, a total comfort meal with lots of carbs and calories :D

mushroom Proficient

You will doubtless be doing a little cross-country skiing?? :blink:

love2travel Mentor

That makes our 16* F look like a heat wave.

Yep! The MINUS 37 does not include windchill which can make it feel far worse. The coldest temperature we had was -51F and with windchill -65F. Not so good.

Lisa Mentor

HOW CAN YOU LIVE UP THERE! MOVE SOUTH!!!!!

love2travel Mentor

HOW CAN YOU LIVE UP THERE! MOVE SOUTH!!!!!

I know - sometimes we think we are quite insane. We cannot wait to move to Croatia! The Mediterranean climate is certainly a far cry from this frigid barren giant ice cube!

beebs Enthusiast

Where do you live love2travel? I used to live in Newfoundland - and I'm from Australia so I think 20 degs c (68F) is chilly - haha. I almost died in Canada. There were days I seriously thought I wouldn't make it!

love2travel Mentor

Where do you live love2travel? I used to live in Newfoundland - and I'm from Australia so I think 20 degs c (68F) is chilly - haha. I almost died in Canada. There were days I seriously thought I wouldn't make it!

In northern Alberta. The funny thing is, nothing shuts down - everyone is expected to continue going to work, school, whatever. Our vehicle tires become square and thump when driving until they warm up; skin can freeze in 90 seconds. It can be downright dangerous! Blech. :angry: