This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

wahmmy Apprentice

I'm cooking this hot and sour soup recipe to use up all my Christmas dinner turkey leftovers, along with some other things I had sitting around (half a package of tofu, an onion, some dried mushrooms, 3/4 carton of chicken broth, the end of a bottle of soy sauce, etc).

I've been wanting to try that recipe! I used up my leftover turkey and broth last night with this, and we're having the leftovers tonight. Yum! http://mamameglutenfree.blogspot.com/

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Chicken and rice soup and spinach salad with dried cranberries and almonds.

Judy3 Contributor

I decided to let my 'god I want pancakes' voice win tonight. I made gluten free pancakes for supper and they were the BEST pancakes I ever had. OMG. I bought a cook book and I scored on the first one I bought. There is a flour mix recipe in there that is wonderful. Made the pancakes tonight, frosted sugar cookies for Christmas (my mom couldn't tell the difference), and chocolate chip cookies so far. I need to stop making all these tasty things though I'm going to gain weight.. LOL But it's soooo nice to have a meal or a treat of something I thought I'd never have again... Pancakes... oh yum! I love these people and their book... :P

http://www.artisanglutenfree.com

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Trying to increase my vegetable content and decrease the crap content in my diet this week ;) So I made a very large dark leafy green salad with cabbage, onions, carrots, tomato, chopped raw almonds and walnuts tossed in a vinegrette :D

Judy3 Contributor

Trying to increase my vegetable content and decrease the crap content in my diet this week ;) So I made a very large dark leafy green salad with cabbage, onions, carrots, tomato, chopped raw almonds and walnuts tossed in a vinegrette :D

Sounds like a great salad... I had one like that for lunch... so I had the crap for dinner... LOL

sa1937 Community Regular

I had crap for lunch (will those Christmas leftovers ever end?) so I had a pork chop, nuked sweet potato and spinach for dinner.

sa1937 Community Regular

I bought a cook book and I scored on the first one I bought. There is a flour mix recipe in there that is wonderful. Made the pancakes tonight, frosted sugar cookies for Christmas (my mom couldn't tell the difference), and chocolate chip cookies so far. I need to stop making all these tasty things though I'm going to gain weight.. LOL But it's soooo nice to have a meal or a treat of something I thought I'd never have again... Pancakes... oh yum! I love these people and their book... tongue.gif

http://www.artisanglutenfree.com

With a review like this, I decided to check it out and add it to my wish list...only to discover it's already there! And I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

In my frig I have:

Tequila

rice paper wraps

butter

assorted condiments

Any suggestions for dinner? :P

I had crap for lunch (will those Christmas leftovers ever end?) so I had a pork chop, nuked sweet potato and spinach for dinner.

I feel this way too! We still have Christmas leftovers and I didn't even make very much. I like that everyone is eating healthy after the holidays. I was craving a salad today and I could have done without soup, but my DH wanted a hot meal. So I made some chickena nd rice soup for him. I'm planing on getting back to mostly low carb once my chocolate cupckes are gone. ;)

kareng Grand Master

In my frig I have:

Tequila

rice paper wraps

butter

assorted condiments

Any suggestions for dinner? :P

Drink enough tequila and you can't eat.

What happened to all the ham based stuff in your freezer? Nuke something.

Jestgar Rising Star

What happened to all the ham based stuff in your freezer? Nuke something.

:lol: :lol: I also have salmon frozen in mystery marinade, which is what I've chosen, along with the cheap wine. Sadly I have no more pineapple juice to mix the wine with, so I'm having it straight.

Juliebove Rising Star

We had leftovers tonight. Husband had peppers with onions and sausage on a Hoagie roll (not gluten-free) and a piece of lemon chicken. Daughter had the rest of the lemon chicken and some white rice. No veg, I know but she had a platter of salad and fruit for lunch, so I didn't push it. I had a meatloaf (mine is about half meat and half veg) and some mashed potatoes.

Was going to do some Hormel chicken and some kind of potatoes for dinner tonight. I guess we can have that tomorrow if we don't go out to eat. Husband keeps pushing to go out to eat. I do have an Olive Garden gift card.

freeatlast Collaborator

This came out very good! I did add a bit of Herbamare seasoning to the chicken after it was breaded because I felt like it wasn't enough seasoning. And when I make it again, I will have an extra lemon or two for topping. I had three lemons. They were small and not overly juicy. I used two of them for juicing. I had only enough slices to put one on each piece. I think it would be better if they were covered.

Thanks for posting that. It looks good! I use Herbamare seasoning all of the time, too. It is great!

sa1937 Community Regular

I totally agree with this!!! cool.gif

Emilushka Contributor

I totally agree with this!!! cool.gif

Yeah, tequila is NOT my friend. I prefer red wine. That's easier to drink more slowly ... I tend to die a little every time I meet tequila.

sa1937 Community Regular

Yeah, tequila is NOT my friend. I prefer red wine. That's easier to drink more slowly ... I tend to die a little every time I meet tequila.

I do not like tequila...but white wine (specifically Chardonnay) is my friend (in moderation, of course). wink.gif

Emilushka Contributor

I do not like tequila...but white wine (specifically Chardonnay) is my friend (in moderation, of course). wink.gif

Yes. I was heartbroken when beer was no longer my friend. I had so few years of enjoying beer ... but at least I do like red wine. I don't particularly like harder alcohols, so I'm left with only wines as my sources of ethanol. And red is my favorite! But at least there can be some variety by adding white. And for New Year's: CHAMPAGNE!

sa1937 Community Regular

Yes. I was heartbroken when beer was no longer my friend. I had so few years of enjoying beer ... but at least I do like red wine. I don't particularly like harder alcohols, so I'm left with only wines as my sources of ethanol. And red is my favorite! But at least there can be some variety by adding white. And for New Year's: CHAMPAGNE!

Have you tried any of the gluten-free beers? Personally I don't like beer so that's not an issue for me.

jerseyangel Proficient

white wine (specifically Chardonnay) is my friend (in moderation, of course). wink.gif

But of course ;):P

I was alone for dinner last night so I made myself pancakes. Probably shoulda had some wine too..... :rolleyes:

sa1937 Community Regular

But of course wink.giftongue.gif

I was alone for dinner last night so I made myself pancakes. Probably shoulda had some wine too..... rolleyes.gif

Somehow a glass (or more) of wine with pancakes just doesn't sound very good. lol

jerseyangel Proficient

Somehow a glass (or more) of wine with pancakes just doesn't sound very good. lol

Yeah, I thought so too. I had tea instead :)

Tonight I'm making Chicken Alfredo with steamed broccoli. This will be a huge test for me on whether I can tolerate cheese/cream again. I've been able to eat small amoutns of hard cheese and butter for a while now, but the last time I had anything creamy my body rebelled, lol.

Jestgar Rising Star

true, you'd have to go with the 'instead' option.

Orange chicken, broccoli and jasmine rice. :)

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I cooked some quinoa in a pesto sauce that I diluted with water-turned out AMAZING!! I will have with sauted green beans with chopped walnuts and garlic :)