• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

Kentucky, S. Indiana, Ohio Doctor?

3 posts in this topic

Anyone have a good internist or primary care physician actively treating celiac in their practice in the Kentucky area? I'd even be willing to drive to S. Indiana or Cincinnati, Ohio if need be.

My GI doc wants me to be maintained via my FP doctor.

Thanks!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I know your post is two years old, but I'm wondering if you ever found a good doctor who knows about Celiac Disease and its complications. I was diagnosed in May and have been struggling to get solid medical advice.

I know your post is two years old, but I'm wondering if you ever found a good doctor who knows about Celiac Disease and its complications. I was diagnosed in May and have been struggling to get solid medical advice.

Hunter has not been on the forum since April so it's doubtful he'll see your post. You might want to send him a PM or perhaps someone else in your area will respond.

Welcome to the forum!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jojopooh

•  

• Topics

• I had the gluten free bun this weekend in North Houston and I was pleasantly surprised.  Its surely not the BEST gluten-free bun I've ever had but it emulated the original Chick-fil-A bun fairly well.  The bun is the biggest gluten-free I've ever had, however.   I know they do prepare the meal separately and bring you the buns in a plastic bag and I had no reactions but I've been eating at Chick-fil-A for a while and always had good luck there (before it was just the grilled chicken nuggets).     It was nice feeling me and my oldest son enjoying a relatively normal fast food meal together with the rest of the family.  
    • Hi .there. I'm so tired of feelig like absolute poo every day! I'm 21 and I have horrible skin, mucous in my stool, extreme stomach upset and fatigue every day! I get confused, spacey, lightheaded, dizzy, irritable feelings constantly it seems. My whole body always hurts. And my joints. If im not constipated, I have diarrhea. Gas. Bloating. Itchy rashy bumpy skin. Plus I'm always hungry it seems.     Please tell me I'm on to figuring wth is wrong with me  celiac isnt good it is a horrible diagnosis but I just need some answers. . Can I have your opinions please?  Thanks! I dont know if my photos are going to work   .  Hopefully they do... :-/   
    • I tested positive on the antibody test, declining kidney function being what I had gone to a naturopath for.  I did not want to do the endoscopy, so did a trial of the gluten free diet.  I felt like a truck hit me for about a month, like a bad flu coming on, as tons of inflammation left my body. I was not terribly overweight, but lost it all in that month, dropping 30 lbs, and ended up looking emaciated after. I also did the DNA test, which only says if you have the potential for it, and that was positive. After 2 years I've now gained back muscle and bone and look healthy and fit for my height, and I'm 60 years old.  I have an official Celiac's diagnosis from a naturopath doctor based on the blood test, DNA test, and response to the gluten free diet.  Lots of docs think Celiacs is a totally intestional disease and disregard it unless you have all the diarrhea and underweight symptoms. I had NONE of that.  Oh, and on my last test, kidneys came back from 40% functionality to just basely into the normal range.  :o)  Good luck.
    • BarryC ... I have celiac's and didn't get my knickers in a twist!!! If I did, I'd probably trip and fall flat on my face and have other problems to worry about.  Don't worry about it, we're here to help.   If I get accidentally glutened, I do not get the intestional issues, but I do get some good body and bone aches. If I can't figure out what's causing it, and keep getting glutened, the brain fog sets in, I so very hate that worse than anything, send me to the retirement home early! I also miss a good beer, my regular grocery stopped carrying Coor's Peak, which wasn't great but wasn't bad. I have to go a little further to find good gluten-free beers, just try one of each until you find the one that you like. I used to love Heiferweisen beer...wheat beer of all things, but can't have that anymore, and haven't found a good substitute, oh well.  Onward and upward.
    • My understanding about the antibody blood test is that the amount of a positive result is not indicative of anything...higher does not mean definately have celiac's and lower does not mean could possibly not have it.  My doc told me that anything a little above 0 is the same as a big response, it just depends on the person how much antibody they will produce.
  • Upcoming Events