• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
BrookeT

Gluten Free Cosmetics & Body Care Products For Celiacs

Rate this topic

I wanted to start a topic about gluten free makeup & body care products for those of us who have celiac. I thought it would be fun to trade product info. as it is so frustrating and time consuming trying to figure out which products are "safe." I try to find ones that also don't contain any parabens or "bad" ingredients.

Here's what I currently use:

For lipsticks and lip liners - Jane Iredale, Mineral Fusion, Glo Minerals, & Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

Concealer - Jane Iredale

Mascara - Tarte

Body lotion - Shikai Borage

Shampoo & conditioner - Head Organics

Hand soap - Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisture Soap

I've also read that Lavera & Afterglow cosmetics are gluten free but I haven't tried them yet.

What gluten free products have you found that you like? (Makeup, lotions, sunscreens, self-tanners, soaps, shampoos & conditioners, shaving cream, etc.)

Also, I am looking for a new gluten free concealer, solid face powder, and am always on the lookout for new lipsticks/lip liners. Any recommendations?

Brooke

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I too use Kiss My Face (olive or olive oil) soap for body and hands.

For high end cleanser, Peter Thomas Roth is gluten-free. They sent me a whole list of their other gluten-free products.

A lot of Yonka is gluten-free. Creme 11 for example. And their Optimizer.

I also use Shikai body and face moisturizer, although the latter can smell disconcertingly like chicken broth when you first put it on!

(Kiehl's has gluten)

I use Mary Kay lip gloss with color. Otherwise, no makeup.

I am still on the lookout for more gluten-free products. I am using up my gluten containing shampoo. I just can't waste it.

Kirkland ( Costco) shampoo and conditioner are gluten-free and I was surprised the changes in my hair- not losing as much, less spilt ends, softer, etc. Price is great too.

I just got Joelle (my mineral glitters). Just put it on for the first time. It went on well, blends well. I think I got too dark a blush (True Rose) as I'm very fair skinned. Next time I plan to try cotton candy. The prices were comparable to Avon. The blush was smaller than Avon's however that could be due to the fact I bought the complete kit which included a blush. The eyeshadow in the kit is much bigger than the eye shadow I bought separate.

Here are some other great gluten-free products that are completely natural -

Real Purity Cosmetics - http://www.realpurity.com/

Aubrey (not all of their products are gluten-free, but a lot of them are and they are labeled as such) - http://www.aubrey-organics.com/default.aspx

Honeybee Gardens - http://www.honeybeegardens.com/

Vapour Cosmetics - http://www.vapourbeauty.com/

Ads by Google:

Just as a side note, Burt's Bees products may be cross-contaminated, according to the company. I used to use it and my lips would break out so I called the company to see if it was 100% gluten-free and they said it may be CCed. Now I use Soft lips brand, which is 100% gluten free, their whole factory is gluten free!

• Upvote 1

Just as a side note, Burt's Bees products may be cross-contaminated, according to the company. I used to use it and my lips would break out so I called the company to see if it was 100% gluten-free and they said it may be CCed. Now I use Soft lips brand, which is 100% gluten free, their whole factory is gluten free!

Where do you buy soft lip brand?

It's at Walmart, atleast the ones near me. Should be in any drug store (I think haha) :) love it cuz they have plain chapsticks and shimmery ones!

I'm a little late jumping on this bandwagon, but I use PRIIA and Origins. PRIIA has to be ordered online, and not everything at Origins is gluten-free, but the saleslady was really helpful. (They're at Macy's.) I also have one of Red Apple Lipstick's products and love it.

For nail polish, all I have tried so far is Zoya. They don't have a large color range in my local Whole Foods, so I may need to order that online, as well.

Quick question: I'm thinking about starting a blog about living/going gluten free. It would be basically a compilation of all of my research into gluten-free foods, products, restaurants, etc. Would this interest anyone, and/or be helpful? Thanks!