• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

Eat N Park

6 posts in this topic

I ordered from the celiac menu; chili, side salad w/ranch dressing and mashed potatoes w/out gravy. I snuck a green bean from my boyfriends plate. He had 3 bean salad. Do you think the pesky green bean got me? I thought he had said he put balsamic vinagrette on it himself but that wasnt what he said. It sits in a marinade. 3 bean salad isnt on the celiac menu nor is the salad bar. What are your thoughts. I never had 3 bean salad anywhere so i dont know whats in it. Like I said, I thought BF said he put his own dressing on it. He feels horrible right now.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

If the 3-bean salad and the salad bar aren't on the celiac menu... and you ate a bean from that salad and got your salad at the salad bar... I think you found your answer. It could have been either... or both! The bean salad wasn't on the celiac menu for a reason and salad bars are notorious for cross contamination.

My salad was not from the salad bar. I ordered my 3 items separate. Only the string bean was from the salad bar. My 1st sentence in my post says..."i ordered from the celiac menu".....not the salad bar.

Here is ENP"s response. A mystery what got to me.

I have personally spoken to the Director of Menu Development, and he sent the following information:

The three bean salad is a product of Hanover Foods and does not contain any wheat based products. It is simple beans, water vinegar, sugar, onions, red peppers, salt, turmeric, natural flavorings and garlic powder.

The mashed potatoes are a product of Basic American Foods and are gluten friendly as well. It is made with potato, shortening, milk, salt, sugar, mono and diglycerides, phosphate, and sodium bisulfate.

I hope that this is helpful, and if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me at comments@eatnpark.com or (412) 461-2000 x 1227. Thank you, and I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day J

Where's Sherlock Holmes when you need him? ;)

Ads by Google:

Yeah seriously. BF thinks it was the Vinagrette he added to something else that was on his plate and mingled with the bean I ate.