This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Gf School Supplies

tpineo

tpineo Rookie

My summer project was updating my gluten-free school supply list for my daughter who is going into Pre-Kindergarten. Here it is the list:

gluten-free School Supplies

Updated 6/05

Colorations/Discount School Supplies 1-800-627-2829

The following products are gluten-free:

PRODUCT NAME ITEM#

BIOCOLOR - GALLON BIOGAL + COLOR

FLUORESCENT BIOCOLOR – GALLON FBIOGAL + COLOR

BIOCOLOR – 16OZ BIO16 + COLOR

FLUORESCENT BIOCOLOR – 16OZ FBIO16 + COLOR

FLUORESCENT BIOCOLOR PAINTERS FBM

BIOCOLOR PAINTERS BMAR

BIOPUTTY SOLUTION PUTTY

BIOCOLOR SHIMMER – GOLD BGLD

BIOCOLOR SHIMMER – SILVER BSIL

COLORATIONS PUFFY PAINT PUFFY

BIOCOLOR FABRIC MEDIUM BIOFAB

COLORATIONS LIQUIDWATERCOLOR – ALL LW+ COLOR

COLORATIONS SIMPLY TEMPERA – GALLON GST + COLOR

COLORATIONS SIMPLY TEMPERA – 16OZ ST + COLOR

COLORATIONS SHIMMER MEDIUM SHIMMER

COLORATIONS GLITTER MEDIUM GLIMED

COLORS LIKE ME MULITCULTURAL PAINT CM + COLOR

COLORATIONS WASHABLE SIMPLY TEMPERA – GALLON GWST + COLOR

COLORATIONS WASHABLE SIMPLY TEMPERA – 16OZ WST + COLOR

COLORATIONS PREMIUM WASHABLE TEMPERA – GALLON GPW + COLOR

COLORATIONS PREMIUM WASHABLE – 160Z PW + COLOR

COLORATIONS WASHABLE FINGERPAINT CWF + COLOR

COLORATIONS WASHABLE GLITTER FINGERPAINT GLFP + COLOR

COLORATIONS ACTIVITY PAINT – GALLON GCAP + COLOR

COLORATIONS ACTIVITY PAINT – 16OZ CAP + COLOR

COLORATIONS METALLIC PAINT CMP + COLOR

COLORATIONS FLUORESCENT PAINT CFL + COLOR

PRODUCT NAME ITEM#

COLORATIONS SPARKLE PAINT CSP + COLOR

COLORATIONS COLORED PUFFY PAINT – SET OF 6

PUFFSET

COLORATIONS WASHABLE GLITTER PAINT – GALLON GPG + COLOR

COLORATIONS WASHABLE GLITTER PAINT – 16 0Z CGP + COLOR

COLORATIONS STICK IT CRAFT PAINT STICK + COLOR

BIOCOLOR FOAM PAINT BFP + COLOR

RAINBOW FOAM PAINT – SET OF 3 RFP

COLORATIONS JUMBO WASHABLE STAMP PADS JSP OR NEWJSP (DEPENDING ON COLOR)

COLORATIONS METALLIC STAMP PADS METSTAMP

COLORATIONS WASHABLE MARKERS – CLASSIC TIP 98200 (200), 98256 (256), LWM (8), LWMSET (16)

COLORATIONS WASHABLE MARKERS – CHUBBY TIP CHBST (200), 256CHB (256) CHB (8), 16CHB (16)

COLORATIONS CRAYONS – LARGE CLBIGS (400), CRL8 (8)

COLORATIONS CRAYONS – REGULAR CRRGS (800), CRS8 (8), CRS16 (16)

COLORATIONS CRAYONS – EXTRA LARGE CRXLG (200)

COLORATIONS CRAYONS – CHUBBY CRCHB (200)

COLORATIONS SIDEWALK CHALK BC, SIDEWALK

COLORATIONS DUSTLESS CHALK – WHITE CWHCH (12), NODUST (100)

COLORATIONS DUSTELL CHALK – COLORED CCLCH (12), CNODUST

SMOOTH & SILKY ART STICKS SILKYSTK

COLORATIONS RAINBOW CRAYONS STR

COLORATIONS WASHABLE SCHOOL GLUE – WHITE LCWG (gal), SCWG (1.25oz), MCWG (4oz)

COLORATIONS WHEAT & GLUTEN FREE DOUGH COLORDO

PREMIUM NON HARDENING MODELING CLAY MOD (1lb), COLCLY (3.3lbs)

AIR HARDENING MODELING PASTE AIRCLAY

SARGENT POWEDERED TEMPERA PAINT 1PT + COLOR, 5PT + COLOR

Center Enterprises / Ink Pads

1-800-542-2214

They can’t guarantee they are gluten-free. Ingredients are gluten-free, but won’t make guarantee.

Colgate-Palmolive

1-800-255-7552

All Softsoaps are gluten-free.

Crayola/Binney and Smith- www.crayola.com

All products are gluten-free except for Crayola Dough.

gluten-free products include: Silly Putty, ColorWonder Fingerpaints, Paints, Crayons, Pencils, Markers, Modeling Clay, Glue, Glitter Glue, and Chalk.

Curad

www.curadusa.com

1-800-227-4703

Curad bandaids will no longer say their bandaids are gluten-free because suppliers can change.

Elmer’s Glue

1-888-435-6377

www.elmers.com

All products except Elmer’s finger paints are gluten-free. These include Tempera paints, watercolors, glues, glue sticks, crayon sticks, squeeze and brush paints, and glitter paints.

Huggies Wipes

1-800-452-2245

They say there is a possibly of trace amounts of gluten and will not say they are gluten-free.

Johnson and Johnson

1-866-JNJ-2873

Bandaid Brand Bandaids are gluten-free (includes clear, family variety pack, kid character bandaids, flexible, and fabric bandaids).

Kleenex

1-800-553-3639

Kleenex tissues with lotion and Kleenex anti-viral are gluten-free.

Lakeshore Ink Pads

1-800-428-4414

6” round ink pads are gluten-free. They make three other Lakeshore ink pads that they do not know the status of but are checking on.

Lucky Plus Bingo Markers

Arrow International

1-800-321-0757

www.arrowinternational.com

Bingo markers are gluten-free. They state that all their markers are gluten-free.

Palmer Paint

1-800-521-1383

All paints (including face paint) are gluten-free.

Pampers Wipes

1-800-PAMPERS

Baby Wipes and Kan-doo wipes are gluten-free.

Pfizer

1-800-223-0182

Purell instant hand sanitizer is gluten-free (includes with aloe, original, 2 in 1, and Purell wipes).

Prang Paints/ Dixon Ticonderoga Company

1-800-824-9430/www.prang.com

All paints, glues, markers, modeling clay, chalk, and crayons are gluten-free.

They state that they do not produce anything containing gluten.

Puffs

Re: e-mail

Puffs with lotion are gluten-free.

Roseart- www.roseart.com

1-800-272-9667

All products are gluten-free except Roseart fun dough and modeling clay.

(Their stickers are gluten-free!)

Ross Products- (owned by Elmer’s)

Columbus, Ohio

1-888-435-6377

All products (glue, glue sticks, etc.) except Ross fingerpaints are gluten-free.

Sanford/Mr.Sketch Markers

1-800-323-0749

Mr. Sketch Scented, Water color markers are gluten-free.

3M Corporation

www.MMM.com

1-888-364-3577

Scotch Magic Tape is gluten-free.

Nexcare Bandaids do not contain any ingredients with gluten, but they don’t test for gluten so they won’t claim that they are gluten-free.

Vi-Jon Company

1-888-593-0593

Germ-X hand sanitizer is gluten-free.

Envelopes and stamps that you lick may have gluten in the adhesive.

Peel and Stick Stickers may have gluten in the adhesive.

Personal Care Items: Be aware that some hand lotions, soaps, cosmetics, lip sticks, chapsticks, etc. may contain gluten.

Products not confirmed yet:

Avery Dennison

Carter’s Stamp Pad

www.averydennison.com

1-800-462-8379

They are checking.

Tania

Greenville, PA

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Thanks so much for posting this information. This will make my life easier. Do you purchase supplies just for your daughter or do you by extra for the class? This fall will be our first year of pre-school and I'm a little nervous!!!! :unsure:

mike and dante Newbie

Hi there,thanks sooo much for all the info on paints and supplies. It's nice that we

all stick together and help eachother out.!! :D

Guest nini

Thanks for that list... My daughter will be starting kindergarten in several weeks and I will be doing back to school shopping soon!

JacobsMom Contributor

Thanks alot...I am a newbie and have a 2 1/2 year old...This is GREAT!!!

tpineo Rookie

I buy some things for the whole class (like the gluten-free play dough-it is a huge container). For the things that come up once a year -like cereal or pasta for a craft -I usually just bring in some for her. Most of what the preschool she attends has is okay because this is her second year and they make sure to order the basics from crayola or another gluten-free source (I have a wonderful preschool!).

My best advice for dealing with a preschool is to maintain contact with the teachers as they plan for activities. Make sure they are comfortable calling you (home/cell), e-mailing, and talking before/after school about what is coming up. And leave a box of stuff at school: bandaids, gluten-free cookies or candies for that surprise that will come up, regular snacks for every day, change of undies/clothes if "accidents" are still an issue.

Tania

Greenville, PA

• 2 years later...
gfgypsyqueen Enthusiast

Thanks for the list! You just saved me hours of searching :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 1 year later...
Dinbren Newbie

Hi there:

The list below says that the Crayola modelling products are gluten free. They do not have added gluten but they do have cross-contamination issues. This was confirmed to me by a representative on the telephone and here is what their own website says....

Answer

The exact ingredients of our products are proprietary, however, we are happy to provide you with the 7 most common ingredient requests NOT FOUND in products currently manufactured by Crayola--This does not include products manufactured under license. Please check packaging carefully to determine manufacturing company.

Peanuts

Shellfish

Fish

Tree Nuts

Eggs

Milk

Latex

(Latex gloves are one of the personal protection options requested by and available to our employees for the occasional handling of raw materials and finished goods during the product manufacturing process.)

We are often asked if any of our products contain gluten (wheat flour). Gluten is contained only in Crayola Dough. Other Crayola modeling materials, including Model Magic modeling compound, Modeling Clay, Air-Dry Clay, and Model Magic Fusion are gluten free. All of these products, however, are produced on the same machinery. Although the machines are cleaned prior to the start of each production run, there is a slight possibility that trace amounts of gluten from Crayola Dough may be present in the other modeling compound products.

For information regarding specific ingredients not listed, please call us at 1-800-272-9652 weekdays between 9 AM and 4 PM Eastern Time.

• 6 months later...
tpineo Rookie

Please note the date on the list- I made this list in 2005. There have been many changes in products since then. Contact manufacturers for current information. My current list is several pages now and dated May 2009 (too long to post). E-mail me if you'd me to send it to you. Tania

The list below says that the Crayola modelling products are gluten free. They do not have added gluten but they do have cross-contamination issues. This was confirmed to me by a representative on the telephone and here is what their own website says....

Answer

The exact ingredients of our products are proprietary, however, we are happy to provide you with the 7 most common ingredient requests NOT FOUND in products currently manufactured by Crayola--This does not include products manufactured under license. Please check packaging carefully to determine manufacturing company.

Peanuts

Shellfish

Fish

Tree Nuts

Eggs

Milk

Latex

(Latex gloves are one of the personal protection options requested by and available to our employees for the occasional handling of raw materials and finished goods during the product manufacturing process.)

We are often asked if any of our products contain gluten (wheat flour). Gluten is contained only in Crayola Dough. Other Crayola modeling materials, including Model Magic modeling compound, Modeling Clay, Air-Dry Clay, and Model Magic Fusion are gluten free. All of these products, however, are produced on the same machinery. Although the machines are cleaned prior to the start of each production run, there is a slight possibility that trace amounts of gluten from Crayola Dough may be present in the other modeling compound products.

For information regarding specific ingredients not listed, please call us at 1-800-272-9652 weekdays between 9 AM and 4 PM Eastern Time.

Lisa Mentor

Please note the date on the list- I made this list in 2005. There have been many changes in products since then. Contact manufacturers for current information. My current list is several pages now and dated May 2009 (too long to post). E-mail me if you'd me to send it to you. Tania

Yes, always check the date of posts here. What could have been a safe product in 2005, may not be 2009.

Thanks Tania for sharing your current information.

Grandmadd Newbie
Hi Tania,

I'm new to the group and read your old list of Gluten Free Wheat Free products posted in 2005. I would greatly appreciate it if you could email me your most current list which you mention below as last updated and dated May 2009. We have a 3 year old grandson who was diagnosed with Autism and is allergic to many foods especially Gluten/Wheat/Casein/Diary. Your list is invaluable and is much appreciated. Thank you again. Hoping you can email the list to my gmail account.

Answer

Peanuts

Shellfish

Fish

Tree Nuts

Eggs

Milk

Latex

Tolly Newbie

Hello,

I too am working on gluten free (also dairy and egg free) supplies for a first grader and a preschooler. I would be thrilled to get a copy of your list. I have been e-mailing and calling companies, but your work could save me hours (maybe days!).

Thanks!

Tolly

jimandtolly@mac.com

tpineo Rookie

2009 School Supply Information

I have received so many requests for these lists that I am going to attempt to post them. The formatting isn't great (these were all separate documents that I copied and pasted), but I think you can read lists. Hope this is helpful! Tania

Gluten-Free Drinks

Updated 5/09.

Apple and Eve Juices

1-800-969-8018 www.appleandeve.com

Per Website all Apple and Eve products are gluten-free. 5/09

Capri Sun by Kraft

Per website ingredient lists, all Capri Sun is gluten-free including 100% Juice, all

flavors of regular Capri Sun, Roarin

Tolly Newbie

Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you!!!!!!!

I really can't thank you enough!

My children and their teachers thank you too!

Tolly

Grandmadd Newbie

Thank you so much for the updated list. This information is priceless as are folks like you who are so willing to share helpful information. Thanks again.

Tolly Newbie

Thank you again for the helpful information! I'm wondering if you know about Yes! paste. I'm trying to find an option for my 2 year old in his pre-school class. I found recipes for making paper mache, but I was hoping to find a suitable paste for their class. I e-mailed the makers of Yes! paste (Gane Bothers & Lane), and this is the reply:

The ingredients are: water, dextrin, borax, glucose, glycerin and preservatives. I just want you to know that I can not guarantee that this product is gluten/dairy/egg free.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Tolly

kbdy Apprentice

Does anyone know about ink pads? My dd's teacher called to find out about them & has many different brands. I called one, Center Enterprises, & they said "well, if you're concerned about it, then don't use it" Hmmm, nice response :angry: I'm guessing they're not willing to actually look into it for me.

I might just have to get a list from the teacher, but that seems like an awful lot of work on her part, plus she shares supplies with another teacher. sigh.

tpineo Rookie
Does anyone know about ink pads? My dd's teacher called to find out about them & has many different brands. I called one, Center Enterprises, & they said "well, if you're concerned about it, then don't use it" Hmmm, nice response :angry: I'm guessing they're not willing to actually look into it for me.

I might just have to get a list from the teacher, but that seems like an awful lot of work on her part, plus she shares supplies with another teacher. sigh.

Discount school supplies has gluten-free ink pads. Tania

• 3 weeks later...
Tolly Newbie

I wanted to update this list with a few things I researched independently since they weren't covered on the list. They were confirmed by e-mail or phone in late August.

Plaid Paints - Makes Apple Barrel- sold at Walmart is gluten/dairy/egg free

Rich Art tempera paint, sold at Michael's craft stores is gluten/dairy/egg free.

Prang paints - all are gluten/dairy/egg free

Now to start working on the stickers......

Thanks again for this list!

Tolly

• 1 year later...
twohokies Newbie

Thank you for posting this list! I thought we had our bases covered at pre-school but after my 3yo had 2 "abnormal" bm's after art class today, I'm questioning if she was glutened. So although I will specifically look at the bottles of paint they used (tempura or finger), I can also give them this more robust list of items to use as a reference. Good stuff!

Archived