• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Probiotics Causing Yeast Die Off? Feel Awful!

1 post in this topic

I was shy about asking this, but I am desperate.

Anyone have ugly yeast die off from probiotics?

My GYN doctor has me using some that are ahem...insertable....and I also take them orally every day. I do not see any yeast, but a microscopic eval of tissue shows there is some and there's major inflammation---tissues are greatly affected by the celiac/gluten. She said all leaky guts have yeast, whether you see it or not. I know, I said...I asked the doctor about this but it did not show on digestive stool samples, so HE said there wasn't any....so, what gives??

Another friend of mine said she felt like dying when she went through this...um, yeah, that might be kinder :unsure:

It's ugly and I feel pretty rotten and besides drinking a lot of water and soaking in a tub (which tailbone pain prevents me from doing) or sitting in a sauna, getting a massage....

Are there any other suggestions?? I would be very grateful.

Thanks! as you can imagine, I' m not very hungry and all my symptoms--the bowel ones and even the anxiety/depression that was subsiding--are turned up to a million right now...I have read this can happen. The Herxheimer effect--and that you just have to tough it out until it passes.

Man, I feel like hell.... :huh:

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    rarchy

• Topics

• George, i am sorry that you are not feeling well!  ☹️  I am not a doctor, but just trying out drugs to stop your symptoms just seems like a band aid  approach.  It sounds like he suspects IBS which is really, in my opinion, "I be stumped".  Has inflammatory bowel disorder (IBD) (more lovely autoimmune disorders) been ruled out?  This includes both Crohn's and Colitis.  My niece was diagnosed with Crohn's finally with a pill camera after all other tests were given.  The damage was not within reach of any scope.  I am just throwing out suggestions.  Hopefully, you and your doctor will figure it out soon!  
    • Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease that happens to have a known trigger -- gluten.  Flare-ups develop  (antibodies) causing damage. Not just in the small intestine, but systemically.  One gluten exposure can cause antibodies to increase for days or months!   Antibodies are being measured during the celiac blood tests.   If there is no gluten exposure, there will be no antibodies.  These antibodies can come down in some people in as little as two weeks.  Recommendations require gluten 2 to 4 weeks daily for the biopsies taken via endoscopy in order to be sure to catch damage, but 8 to 12 weeks for the blood tests.   The endoscopy is considered the "gold standard" in helping to diagnose celiac disease, but there are other things that can damage the small intestine.  So, the blood test helps solidify the diagnosis.   So, if you want a good result on your endoscopy, you need to be eating gluten daily for two week prior at a minimum.  I know it is tough and you are feeling sick.  Wish there was a better way to catch active celiac disease.    
    • Hi everyone, Just an update to my situation.  I had thought that I might be getting better since I started adding gluten-free grain back into my diet but I was wrong.  It seems that the Methscopalamine Bromide just delayed the effects, didn't stop them.  I had to stop taking it because one of the side effects is to stop sweating, which I did.  There were times when I felt hot and almost couldn't catch my breath.  Anyway, my doc put me on Viberzi instead.  I took 3 doses, 1 Tuesday evening and then 1 Wednesday morning and then again Wednesday evening.  Each time I took 1, it seemed that about half an hour later I would develop severe abdominal cramping, pain in my neck, shoulders and upper back and a feeling like my insides were on fire.  My face felt like it was hot and tingling.  It wasn't warm to the touch but felt like it to me.  Worse of all is it didn't work anyway, I still had diarrhea.  I stopped taking Viberzi after reading the precautions pamphlet which said, "stop taking Viberzi and tell your doctor if you have abdominal cramping, pain which radiates to your shoulders or upper back."  Go figure.  Anyway, today is 3 weeks straight of diarrhea and still no diagnosis and not sure what he's going to want to do next. George 
    • I'm still really new to all this but is it common to have trouble with sleep? I swear since my symptoms got really bad a few months ago I can't get 1 good nights sleep, like a 5 hour stretch is doing real good. Wake up at 3am wide awake almost every night. Told my doctor and they've recommended melatonin, that doesn't work. Tried chamomile and lavender tea, no help. Tried zzquil, that will knock me out but maybe for like an extra hour then I'm really drowsy the next morning from it. I don't know what to do.
    • I have 2 copies of DQ9. One from each parent.
  • Upcoming Events