This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chocolate

dilettantesteph

MTG Newbie

Amedei chocolate seems to work for me. Possible CC from nuts and milk but not gluten or soy and they taste wonderful. Unfortunately they are kind of expensive.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Amedei chocolate seems to work for me. Possible CC from nuts and milk but not gluten or soy and they taste wonderful. Unfortunately they are kind of expensive.

thanks for the tip! ;)

• 2 months later...
kellynolan82 Explorer

Twirls, by Cadbury, just chocolate they are really good, intense chocolate hit! Over in England this is what i eat and they are suitable for celiacs. Its the only chocolate i dont react too, and no soy either which is a bonus for me!

It seems like heaps of the Cadbury chocolates in the UK don't have soy lecithin in them. Is this true? :unsure:

• 7 months later...
bartfull Rising Star

I just bought a Taza 80% Dark Chocolate bar the other day. "Cacao beans (Dominican Republic), cane sugar, cocoa butter, whole vanilla beans. All ingredients certified organic. May contain traces of nuts."

It was DELICIOUS. Kind of grainy as someone else mentioned but it wasn't in a BAD way. And rather than a bitter edge, it almost had a sour tang mixed in with the sweet and chocolatey. What is wonderful is that there is a lady here in town who sells it. She said next time I need some to just call her and she'll deliver right here to my shop.

I think she's going to get a lot of my business, and those 31 pounds I've lost over the past 10 months will start creeping back in.

So what?!! :lol:

Sara S. Newbie

I am sensitive to below 10 ppm. I reliably have diarrhea from Lindt 85% and Chocolove dark chocolate. I can have Endangered Species chocolate and Trader Joe's chocolate chips (NOT their pound plus) without getting sick. I also do fine with Taza (the local boston chocolate that is less processed).

JoeBlow Newbie

Just like there are different levels of sensitivity among celiacs, there appears to be different levels of sensitivity among super sensitive celiacs. What is definitely safe for one will get another. Enjoy Life chocolate chips get me too, yet I was able to eat the chocolate that a friend made. Unfortunately, she hasn't been able to get uncontaminated starting materials recently.

I am cane sugar sensitive and dairy-free. I have finally found 2 raw cacao choices at my local Whole Foods. I add EatRaw Imported & Certified Organic Really-Raw Chocolate Powder to shakes.

Renee's Raw Chocolate (www.reneesrawchocolate.com) is expensive, but awesome. The kind I buy has coconut on it, but she makes some without. Everything is organic and raw, including cacao butter, coconut, honey, cacoa nibs, goji berries, cacao powder, maca powder, mesquite powder, and sea salt(the only thing not raw organic).

Joe0123 Contributor

I've been reacting to Enjoy Life chocolate chips and bars. I don't know why it is but I'm positive now that it's causing problems. Too bad because I thought they tasted pretty good :/

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

I just saw my earlier posts on this thread (from nearly a year ago) and have to clarify something I said.

While I have not tried a Snickers Bar again (and they are probably fine for most people)---

I was not very clear in my reply about the Enjoy Life chocolate chips and bars.

I tolerate them very well! :)

They have given me NO adverse reactions, and I am a fast responder to CC, but I DO have to be careful with too much sugar. It gives give me a "racy heart" and nausea.

dilettantesteph Collaborator

I've been reacting to Enjoy Life chocolate chips and bars. I don't know why it is but I'm positive now that it's causing problems. Too bad because I thought they tasted pretty good :/

I had to give those up too. I hope to find a chocolate source again someday. I thought I was addicted to chocolate, but I managed.

Meatballman Rookie

Just had a Hershey bar this afternoon. 1.55 oz bars are listed on thier web site as gluten free.

Archived