• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Posts Do Not Work

2 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

You mean when you start a topic? They will not show up until a moderator has pinned them in a section. You can review posts made by going to todays active posts and they will be there even if they are not pinned yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Cristina0720

• Topics

• Have him read about the disease and the multitude of repercussions that occur from gluten consumption that have nothing to do with "classic stomach" issues. Not following a strict gluten free diet can lead to terrible diseases because your body will be so weak and damaged. When my son was diagnosed, reading about the disease made a big impact on our family members. Good luck and stay strong!
    • When I get glutened, I cough. Loud.  for 20-30 minutes.  Once people hear that, they take it seriously.  Refer your son to the newbie thread. If he still doesn't get it, kick him in the posterior. Hard!  
    • How about cooked fruits? You could even cook bananas. This is just something to think about. This may sound rambling for a bit but stick with me please.: I feed my dog a raw diet and part of that raw diet is all kinds of fruits & veggies. The catch is that the fruits & veggies have to be frozen & then I thaw it for her to eat. So what I do is take the fruits & veggies & put them in the Ninja & it comes out as what I call goop. Spoon it into sandwich ziplock & stick them in the freezer to freeze, then thaw as needed. Why do I freeze it? Freezing it breaks down the cellular walls which makes the nutrients more available as it passes through her digestive tract. Now I can't say with any certainty that the same would be true of humans but it would be a reasonable assumption. So to sum up..... I'm thinking it might be worth a shot to try freezing fruits & veggies & see if then you could tolerate them, especially if you pureed them first. 
    • I am 7 weeks diagnosed with silent celiac.  I am doing great and feel like  I have a good handle on everything.  What I am struggling with is my 21 year old son not understanding my diagnosis and the importance of avoiding cross contamination and why all of a sudden I can't have a Cookie, piece of cake, etc..   Since I don't have physical symptoms, he doesn't think it will hurt to have a piece of cake or something else.  He doesn't yet know that I have contacted our doctor to have both my kids blood tested.  Is there any advice on how to convince him the severity of following a strict gluten free diet.
    • Thankyou ch88 you are so very kind, im so glad there are forums like this, so helpful.  Only signed up the other day and everyone is great.
  • Upcoming Events