• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

The Song Name Game

2,551 posts in this topic

Someone Else's Star-- Bryan White

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Bryan Adams, summer of 69

Summer, The First Time-- Garth Brooks

Summer Breeze - Seals and Crofts

Bad Girls -- Donna Summer

Ads by Google:

Big Bad John - Jimmy Dean

Bad, Bad Leroy Brown -- Jim Croce

Bad Romance - Lady Gaga

Third Rate Romance--Sammy Kershaw

Sense of Purpose -- Third World

No Sense -- Candlebox

Tell Her No-- Zombies

Let Her and Let Go - Blues Traveler

Time Traveler - Frazer Hines

Time in a bottle, Jim Croce

Longneck Bottle-- Garth Brooks

A Bottle of Wine and Patsy Kline - K.D. Lang

Spill The Wine-- Eric Burden

Hey Brother, Pour The Wine - Dean Martin

Red red wine, Bob Marley

Red red wine, Bob Marley

Yes, please - ok got that poured.

Three Little Birds - - Bob Marley

Bird is a word, trashmen

Lulllaby of Birdland - Sarah Vaughan

Sara, Jefferson starship

Lucky Me -- Sarah Slean

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Nati

• Topics

• There has been a lot of controversy about probiotics, so I stopped taking mine. At first I felt no different, but over time I gradually had increased bloating and daily pain in the left upper abdomen, sometimes so bad it doubled me over.  I even had a cat scan to make sure I was okay ( I also have a history of diverticulitis). While doing some reading, I read yet another article about the microbiome and how celiacs have really poor gut bacteria and should be on a good probiotic. So I tested my probiotic with a home test kit to make sure it was gluten free, and lo and behold about a week later, bloating and pain were gone. Hasn't returned yet. Just something to consider
    • King Arthur Flour has excellent mixes and gluten free recipes if you enjoy baking.  If you live in a city, there are bound to be bakeries and cafes that make gluten free items and some groceries stores that stock them as well.  
    • You could have the full celiac panel done to see if any other numbers come up high. TTG IGA and IGG, DGP IGA and IGG, EMA. If your doctor is not a gastroenterologist then you can try going to one. They know what to test for. You could also simplify your diet and start a food log. Gradually introduce foods and when stomach pains start you can see what you ate in the last two days to cause a problem.  
    • I had the same issue with stomach pain after diagnosis and it turned out to be soy protein that was causing it.  I never ate much soy before diagnosis and gluten was keeping me constantly ill so I never realized it was an issue till I stopped going with foods with soy on the suggestion of good freind. Not saying that is the problem with you but thought I would throw it out there as a possibility. If you are eating oats you may want to drop those for a bit also since some of us will react to those even if they are gluten free. In addition is there any way you can avoid eating oput for a month or so? You may be getting glutened but not enough to show on the TtG. I could be wrong but I think the DGP tests are the preferred ones for checking with dietary compliance. You should also consider dropping dairy for a bit. Add it back in when you are feeling better starting with stuff like hard cheeses, yogurt and butter that have low amounts of lactose. Hopefully you will be able to figure out what is going on soon and get some relief.  
    • I was diagnosed with celiac 2 years ago and since have been gluten-free. When I started my ttg was 88. I just recently visited the doc because I still seem to suffer from almost daily stomach pain. My ttg came back at 4. The doc suggested I try Metamucil and next week give lactaid a try as I still eat dairy.  The metamucil I took one day and I had such bad stomach pain and loose bowel movements I felt too miserable to try it again. I haven't tried the lactaid yet but in the past I have and didn't see much difference.  Heres the other thing: I do eat out a lot. I try to stick with safe places but every now and then I play the odds. So I usually manage to get sick once a month (lately it's been more) so I went to the doc and had my ttg level tested to see if my body is still getting gluten and this is why I still feel horrible. But my levels came back at 4, so now I'm just wondering... what the heck? I'm feeling super discouraged and doomed to a life of unexplained stomach pain.    The annoying part is all my dr did is give me the results. Like "oh you're continuing to improve." Ok, but I'm in paid so what's going on? No answers, ever. It seems like I get suggestions, but they never do anything and I'm so fed up with my body. I'm tired of waking up frequently wondering what I could have ate that is bothering me. I had no idea two years later I'd still be struggling. Lately the stomach pain has increased and it's daily now again. I've been taking pepto for it and it helps a bit, but I don't want to live life digging in my purse for pepto everyday.   any advice or suggestions from anyone who has been through this are appreciated.  I get that celiac may not be the only problem but I don't know where to go anymore as I've been searching for 2 years.      
  • Upcoming Events