This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Deactivate My Account Immediately

Karl Otto

Karl Otto Explorer

How do I deactivate my account with Celiac.com?

I do not want to be a member here any longer.

I want my personal information erased from this forum.

Current members cannot accept new view points on subject of Celiac Disease.

I cannot find the spot on this forum which allows a member to deactivate their account.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Only you can see your personal information like address, email etc. Contact Scott to deactivate your account but that will not erase your posts or topics.

maximoo Enthusiast

Karl, I know you have a lot on your plate but you are a grown man & can do what you want, however I find that the people here are very knowledgeable & talk truthfully from the heart. When you present a scenario that seems childish the members are going to tell you (re your son & the burger king issue) Anything anyone ever said is to help you & your sons, not to hurt you or make things worse. Most of the members (if not all) see things as the glass half full not half empty. Accept the knowledge, do not reject it. Knowledge is power. Plain & simple.

Well Good Luck to you & hoping all 3 of you feel better. Life is what you make it.

Karl Otto Explorer

Whenever,I come upon a group of interest and, they tell me to listen to them, only, its time to go.

I am a human beings just like all of you. I have my opinions and thoughts just like all of you. When, members do not listen to me, why should I listen to them. Communications is a two way street. I say somehting to you and, I am suppose to hear your rebutals. This is the way real communications is suppose to be conducted. Vise versa and, so on. I grew up with this disease and, I had to trial and error to deal with it. I think, I have learned something about the disease as well has all of you. But, the members of this forum must learn to hear everyone's opinion equally or, do not speak at all. There is one last point that I wish to make here before departing this forum. This form is for people with Celiac Disease but, most people with Celiac Disease have more than one disease going on at the same time. Many people whom have a second disease, cannot tolerate the food and/or practices of those whom have only celiac Disease by itself. What you people preach here is ok only, if you have Celiac Disease. In the future give warning to people whom come here and have other diseases other than Celia by itself. Tell them not to mention there other diseases or their knowledge of other diseases.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Oh Please! Karl, we have done nothing but point out to you that many of us have multiple other diseases, INCLUDING the ones you yourself have said you have. This board is full of compassionate people and they have listened to you, tried to relate to you, as well as shared their own struggles with you and how they have overcome them. These are NOT REBUTTALS!! What a sad man you are if you think the purpose of communication is only to argue and give rebuttals. The purpose of this board is NOT to argue about celiac disease (or any other disease you may have). The purpose is for moral support and help dealing with celiac disease. You do not seem to want either one of those you only seem to want the members here to pity you and your self-made-miserable life. Well you won Karl. I pity you. I pity you very, very much. Good bye.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

This form is for people with Celiac Disease but, most people with Celiac Disease have more than one disease going on at the same time. Many people whom have a second disease, cannot tolerate the food and/or practices of those whom have only celiac Disease by itself. What you people preach here is ok only, if you have Celiac Disease. In the future give warning to people whom come here and have other diseases other than Celia by itself. Tell them not to mention there other diseases or their knowledge of other diseases.

Almost everyone here has more than just celiac. In fact your additional problems are minor compared to what some of us have dealt with. You have completely ignored posts that have tried to help instead wanting to rage against the VA and tell us we shouldn't ever have children. We have done all we can to try to help you but you are so deep in self pity that you won't listen to anything anyone says.

cahill Collaborator

Whenever,I come upon a group of interest and, they tell me to listen to them, only, its time to go.

I am a human beings just like all of you. I have my opinions and thoughts just like all of you. When, members do not listen to me, why should I listen to them. Communications is a two way street. I say somehting to you and, I am suppose to hear your rebutals. This is the way real communications is suppose to be conducted. Vise versa and, so on. I grew up with this disease and, I had to trial and error to deal with it. I think, I have learned something about the disease as well has all of you. But, the members of this forum must learn to hear everyone's opinion equally or, do not speak at all. There is one last point that I wish to make here before departing this forum. This form is for people with Celiac Disease but, most people with Celiac Disease have more than one disease going on at the same time. Many people whom have a second disease, cannot tolerate the food and/or practices of those whom have only celiac Disease by itself. What you people preach here is ok only, if you have Celiac Disease. In the future give warning to people whom come here and have other diseases other than Celia by itself. Tell them not to mention there other diseases or their knowledge of other diseases.

I am sorry that you feel the need to leave the forums Karl.

The members of these forums are knowledgeable,intelligent ,kind ,excepting and extremely patient.

I remember one of my first post was asking how could I get my adult son to become gluten free. The responses I got were patient,understanding and real. Not what I wanted to hear but the unbiased truth ,and I am grateful for that.

After joining these forums I was diagnosed with hashimoto disease, again the members of these forums were patient,understanding and knowledgeable.

The knowledge in these forums has helped me TREMENDOUSLY. Because of information I acquired here I was able to ask the right questions ,see the right doc's, and have a direction to go and FINALLY ,,after 40+ years undiagnosed,,receive my "official diagnoses"

Only with the help of these forums am I able to give my children and grandchildren the GREATEST gift I could ever give them,, KNOWLEDGE.

I am sorry you feel the need to leave these forums Karl, you are depriving your self and your sons of a wonderful resource.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

txplowgirl Enthusiast

I'm sorry you feel the need to leave. I not only have a gluten problem but Fibromyalgia, hypoglycemia and rhuematoid arthritis. Most of the people on here have other have these and other problems as well. They have helped me on numerous occasions on not just the gluten but the hypo and my Fibro especially. I think your problem is you can't or won't take any advise everyone has given you to help you. Seems to me all you want is people to pity you. I feel bad that you feel this way but if you refuse to listen then by all means, please leave, maybe you can find someone else to listen to you. Good bye and good luck.

Marilyn R Community Regular

Holy cow. A twist.

I really thought Ravenwood would get Carl sorted out, and at least one, maybe two of the sons gluten-free. But he bolted.

We are our own soap opera.

mushroom Proficient

Carl just turned his hearing aid off :P Hub does that often when he doesn't want to hear :lol:

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Holy cow. A twist.

I really thought Ravenwood would get Carl sorted out, and at least one, maybe two of the sons gluten-free. But he bolted.

We are our own soap opera.

I tried to wave my magic wand but unfortunately it's powers don't go into cyberspace. :(

We can only help folks that really want help.

IrishHeart Veteran

KARL SAID: "Many people whom have a second disease, cannot tolerate the food and/or practices of those whom have only celiac Disease by itself."

um...

I THINK what he was trying to say here :unsure: (I'm a former English Prof. and read a lot of papers in my day and often had to sort out the intentional meaning :blink:)

is..... that he THINKS he cannot adhere to a gluten-free diet...because he is a diabetic, too ??? :blink:

So, he's STILL ingesting gluten .. Uh-OH :blink:

Gluten can really mess with your head. Karl does not seem to be rational. His son certainly is not.

:unsure:

I think Karl's in BIG trouble....and could be why he is not getting the fact that we are trying to help.

Sure explains his "argumentative nature"... :blink:

KARL SAID: "Many people whom have a second disease, cannot tolerate the food and/or practices of those whom have only celiac Disease by itself."

um...

I THINK what he was trying to say here :unsure: (I'm a former English Prof. and read a lot of papers in my day and often had to sort out the intentional meaning :blink:)

is..... that he cannot adhere to a gluten-free diet...because he is a diabetic, too ??? :blink:

So, he's ingesting gluten. oh boy.

Gluten can really mess with your head. Karl does not seem to be rational. His son certainly is not.

:unsure:

I think Karl's in BIG trouble....and could be why he is not getting the fact that we are trying to help.

Sure explains his "argumentative nature"... :blink:

He has hypogycemia in addition to celiac. He made a post asking about celiac and hypogycemia and I replied because I have hypogycemia. I told him some of the things I find that work for me. Instead of thanking me for the food suggestions he went off on a tangent bashing the US military and blaming the government for his illnesses. He detailed what he eats in another post. He doesn't eat meat of any kind and his only vegetable is green peas if I'm remembering correctly. His diet is gluten-free if that is really all he eats but its very lacking in nutrition. He got very upset when people tried to point that out and suggest other naturally gluten-free things he could eat to feel better (because he kept saying he is stuck in a hospital bed most of the time and feels like he's dying). Many kind members here shared how they have seen recovery from being bed-bound and feeling like they were dyign and he just refused to even see that as possible for him. I think it is very likely he is still eating gluten or perhaps drinking gluten. :blink:

IrishHeart Veteran

GlutenFreeManna thought...

"I think it is very likely he is still eating gluten or perhaps drinking gluten. :blink: "

Yikes.....That's what I thought...sigh...

Roda Rising Star

I didn't get the impression that he or his sons were currently eating gluten. From his posts he has been diagnosed for about 7 yrs and I think just recently his sons. It is possible despite his very nutritional lacking diet (from what he stated he ate it was gluten free) he may have been getting cc from both of his sons. Could still explain a lot of his "lack of recovery."

Jestgar Rising Star

"I think it is very likely he is still eating gluten or perhaps drinking gluten. :blink: "

Yikes.....That's what I thought...sigh...

I also wondered if maybe he was self-medicating with beer. It would explain the variability of his posts.

I didn't get the impression that he or his sons were currently eating gluten. From his posts he has been diagnosed for about 7 yrs and I think just recently his sons. It is possible despite his very nutritional lacking diet (from what he stated he ate it was gluten free) he may have been getting cc from both of his sons. Could still explain a lot of his "lack of recovery."

That's true Roda he may not be eating or drinking it on purpose, but could still be getting enough accidental gluten for an extended enough period of time that it has made him completely irrational in thinking and communication. I truely feel bad we were not able to help him, but as PP's said the person has to want to be helped first. we can only speculate as to why he responded the way he did. Gluten is one of many possible explanations. :ph34r:

IrishHeart Veteran

Whatever the case...it's sad... :unsure:

ah well. Every one of you sure tried. That's the loving spirit on this site!

I also wondered if maybe he was self-medicating with beer. It would explain the variability of his posts.

I was thinking the same thing. I would hate to accuse someone I do not know of that but many Vietnam vets came back with that problem. It's sad to think this post comes today--on Memorial day in the US. A day when America is supposed to be remembering the fallen military members that have fought to keep us safe and free. I wish there were some way to better help the ones that came back with alcoholism as a problem. There is homeless veteran that lives in a tent behind a church near me. My husband and I met him one day on the street and gave him some food. When we learned of his situation a little more, we gave him a sleeping bag and a new tent that doesn't leak (the one he had at the time had a hole in it). There is a program that would let him live in a shelter and help him find work, but he must stay sober to be in the program. There is also an AA group that meets within walking distance of his tent. He doesn't want to do it (get help with his alcoholism), so he stays in the tent year round, panhandles to buy booze and takes whatever food people will give him. The church lets him sleep inside on days when it is below freezing. They have tried to help him but there is a point when he must take steps to do it himself. Karl reminds me very much of this homeless man that we have tried to help on more than one occaision. He has the resources at his fingertips. He must take the first steps however to ask for AND accept help.

kareng Grand Master

I feel bad for his 14 year old mentally disabled boy ( if there really is one). This guy couldn't have been taking proper care of him. :(

Just a warning to all you who don't know yet, I do get a bit rabid about people hurting kids.

I feel bad for his 14 year old mentally disabled boy ( if there really is one). This guy couldn't have been taking proper care of him. :(

Just a warning to all you who don't know yet, I do get a bit rabid about people hurting kids.

If I could find out this guy's address I would be tempted to call CPS, but like you said there's just no way to know how much what he said was true or in his imagination. People lie online all the time. :(

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I also am a bit concerned about his teenage son. In the condition he is in he most likely really isn't able to care for him properly. I do hope Karl gets some help with his anger and his health issues.

Korwyn Explorer

Ok, I feel compelled to say this. We've gone from constructive discussion about how we might have been able to reach him to questioning his parenting, drinking, and whether he even has a son. Really people? Based off a handful of angry, argumentative, blame-shifting posts? Heck, there have been times in my life where I probably would have sounded just like him.

If we're going to discuss this, maybe we should shift back to a more beneficial approach like is there any realistic way we could have gotten through to him? Honestly, given what he presented, sadly I don't think so. I think there were enough varied responses presenting both personal life experience and pointing to medical info that had he desired to listen (not just hear) he could have. I don't see any overall failing or lack of compassion in the people on the board.

Skylark Collaborator

I agree with Korwyn that bashing the guy is not constructive or helpful (and even worse will keep him from ever coming back).

There was a lot of advice given to Karl that he did not ask for and clearly did not want. He asked only one question, whether the modern tests would document his "disability". The rest of his posts were pretty much personal stories, as he was mostly looking for companionship the same as the rest of us. He even made an avatar and profile picture of his own paintings, which was pretty brave.

I DO see a lack of compassion on the board. Karl very clearly had an axe to grind, but I am a little surprised people didn't have the maturity to ignore it. Do you really think you're going to take away decades of anger at being drafted and sent to Vietnam on an Internet message board? Give me a break.

Karl posted about his diet without any questions, and it got picked apart with a lecture on vegetables. He posted about a grown son in tears and everyone focused on the radical bit at the end about having kids, not what he was trying to convey, which was the pain of watching your grown son in tears. I think we could have done far, far better.

Jestgar Rising Star

I did try to specifically address his questions and he ignored my posts entirely in favor of other posts that he could argue with. I don't know what he was looking for from this forum, but I don't think it was anything we could provide.

Archived