This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I know the topic of breakfast comes up a lot. I'm NOT asking for suggestions. I want this to be a thread like the "what's for dinner tonight" thread where we share what we ACTUALLY eat for breakfast every morning. Along the way we will probably get new suggestions, recipes and ideas by seeing what everyone eats.

Today I had half of a left over baked sweet potato. What did you have?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sa1937 Community Regular

I'm sitting here eating two pieces of cinnamon toast...need to get out and work in the yard before it gets too hot.

I'm sitting here eating two pieces of cinnamon toast...need to get out and work in the yard before it gets too hot.

Sounds good! I need to walk to the grocery store and get some ingredients for dinner before it gets to hot out.

Jestgar Rising Star

scrambled eggs with spinach and shrimp.

IrishHeart Veteran

gluten-free corn grits with a tiny bit of maple syrup.

gluten-free corn grits with a tiny bit of maple syrup.

I've never had my grits sweet. One of these days I will have to try it. Ever since I had to give up dairy, grits are just not the same without lots of butter and cheese. I usually just put salt and pepper on them now.

IrishHeart Veteran

I've never had my grits sweet. One of these days I will have to try it. Ever since I had to give up dairy, grits are just not the same without lots of butter and cheese. I usually just put salt and pepper on them now.

I never ate grits before (I was always a oatmeal girl), so they are new for me. I don't do dairy either :( and so, I just followed someone's suggestion about maple syrup. They taste pretty yummy! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

WinterSong Community Regular

Tbs of brown rice protein powder mixed with water (not my favorite part of breakfast, but I do it for the protein boost)

Slice of home made gluten-free buckwheat bread with pumpkinseed butter, topped with dried cranberries

Banana

Greet Tea

Yum!

AmandaM83 Newbie

hashbrowns with ketchup, 2 boiled eggs, bluberries... every week day... I'm in a rut but it keeps me going for a while because of the protein/carb balance.

Breakfast is my big meal!

Marilyn R Community Regular

Bad breakfast here. Half a cherry Lara Bar and a cup of black coffee. :o

Bad breakfast here. Half a cherry Lara Bar and a cup of black coffee. :o

Hey, whatever works for you! I have trouble motivating myself to eat a good breakfast. I'm just never hungry in the morning. If I don't eat breakfast I won't be hungry until around 10 or 11 AM. I'm hoping this thread will give me the motivation to eat better breakfasts.

sa1937 Community Regular

Hey, whatever works for you! I have trouble motivating myself to eat a good breakfast. I'm just never hungry in the morning. If I don't eat breakfast I won't be hungry until around 10 or 11 AM. I'm hoping this thread will give me the motivation to eat better breakfasts.

I never get around to eating a "proper" breakfast early...whatever that is. I'd rather have toast and then brunch around 10:30 or 11 a.m., which I'll probably do tomorrow as I have an appt. shortly after noon. So then it'll probably be bacon and eggs or Jimmy D's Skillets (I really like the sausage variety best). And it is gluten-free.

cahill Collaborator

I cant eat eggs. Most breads have potato starch in them so they are out.

Some times I have just leftovers from dinner for breakfast :lol:

so tomorrow breakfast will be

ground lamb,snow peas,carrots,mushrooms,red onions, bok-choy and brown rice stir- fry :)

I cant eat eggs. Most breads have potato starch in them so they are out.

Some times I have just leftovers from dinner for breakfast :lol:

so tomorrow breakfast will be

ground lamb,snow peas,carrots,mushrooms,red onions, bok-choy and brown rice stir- fry :)

I do that too! Left over stirfry is my favorite breakfast actually.

sb2178 Enthusiast

take one:

1 coconut flour blueberry muffin (homemade, no sugar)

butter

1 bowl blueberries

1 cup cocoa made with soymilk, cocoa powder, and a touch of sugar

take two:

1 raisin mini-muffin

1 apple

Judy3 Contributor

Decaf strong coffee, greek yogurt with a handful of cashews mixed in and a slice of gluten-free toast with peanut butter. Good to go until lunch!

catsmeow Contributor

B-Coffee with splenda and half and half

cottage cheese with sliced fresh strawberries.

Wenmin Enthusiast

Peanut Butter mixed with honey on toast and a banana

catsmeow Contributor

Am I reading this right? You are a wheat allergy and not A celiac, like me?????? Or are you a combo pack????

Am I reading this right? You are a wheat allergy and not A celiac, like me?????? Or are you a combo pack????

Are you talking to me? I do not have any formal celiac diagnosis because I went gluten free prior to doing testing. I do use the term celiac to describe myself, but I also have a wheat allergy. The wheat allergy was found somewhat by accident a year and a half after I went gluten-free. I had allergy testing done because I started having anaphylactic reactions to milk products. I figured I might as well have tests for everything at once. They found a mild IgE wheat allergy--mild meaning it doesn't make my throat close up, but I do get hives from lotions with wheat germ oil in them. The reason I also still insist I have celiac and not just a wheat allergy is because many of my symptoms prior to going gluten-free were very typical of malabsoption and auto-immune in nature. I went gluten-free/SF/DF out of desperation as at the time my hair was falling out, I was anemic, my joints hurt, I had random muscle spasms/muscle pain, unexplained seizures, memory problems, unexplained rash, and I was sick to my stomach no matter what I ate (or so I thought--I used to eat a lot of toast and crackers because I was told those "bland" foods would help my nausea). I had these and many other symptoms that resolved themselves on a gluten-free diet. This dietary response along with my family medical history of other related auto-immune diseases and intestinal cancer leads me to believe I should have been diagnosed celaic. but of course to do that I would need to consume gluten again. I tell people in my real life that I have celiac and I do believe I have celiac. Some on this board would say I have non-celaic gluten intolerance. I don't mind if that's what they want to call it but I find in real life people think an intolerance is not that serious. I want people to take my need to eat gluten-free seriously and I want to spread awareness about celiac disease so more people that are suffering can get tested and get help. I do try to explain the difference between celiac and wheat allergy if asked and I consider that I have both. So all that is a long answer to say, I consider myself a combo pack. :D

cahill Collaborator

I consider myself a combo pack. :D

I am not sure why but the term "combo pack " made me giggle :D

I am not sure why but the term "combo pack " made me giggle :D

:lol: It is pretty funny!

Back to breakfast--today I'm having a bowl of peaches and strawberries with a touch honey. And and maybe some toast with peanut butter later.

alex11602 Collaborator

This morning I made breakfast cookies for the girls and I. They tasted a little like oatmeal cookies, but was made with rice chex.

My almost 5 year old has gotten very interested in cooking and baking since we cut out a bunch of foods so we got her a kid's cookbook and it was one of the recipes in there, after a bunch of adaptations (I guess we used it more as a guideline.)

catsmeow Contributor

Are you talking to me? I do not have any formal celiac diagnosis because I went gluten free prior to doing testing. I do use the term celiac to describe myself, but I also have a wheat allergy. The wheat allergy was found somewhat by accident a year and a half after I went gluten-free. I had allergy testing done because I started having anaphylactic reactions to milk products. I figured I might as well have tests for everything at once. They found a mild IgE wheat allergy--mild meaning it doesn't make my throat close up, but I do get hives from lotions with wheat germ oil in them. The reason I also still insist I have celiac and not just a wheat allergy is because many of my symptoms prior to going gluten-free were very typical of malabsoption and auto-immune in nature. I went gluten-free/SF/DF out of desperation as at the time my hair was falling out, I was anemic, my joints hurt, I had random muscle spasms/muscle pain, unexplained seizures, memory problems, unexplained rash, and I was sick to my stomach no matter what I ate (or so I thought--I used to eat a lot of toast and crackers because I was told those "bland" foods would help my nausea). I had these and many other symptoms that resolved themselves on a gluten-free diet. This dietary response along with my family medical history of other related auto-immune diseases and intestinal cancer leads me to believe I should have been diagnosed celaic. but of course to do that I would need to consume gluten again. I tell people in my real life that I have celiac and I do believe I have celiac. Some on this board would say I have non-celaic gluten intolerance. I don't mind if that's what they want to call it but I find in real life people think an intolerance is not that serious. I want people to take my need to eat gluten-free seriously and I want to spread awareness about celiac disease so more people that are suffering can get tested and get help. I do try to explain the difference between celiac and wheat allergy if asked and I consider that I have both. So all that is a long answer to say, I consider myself a combo pack. :D

Yes, I was talking to you. Thank you for the explanation. You really are Mizz combo pack! I have a cousin who tested negative, but displays ALL Celiac sign and symptoms. I cannot convince her to use the term Celiac in the real world, and people do not take her seriously. It breaks my heart. The real world needs a specific recognizable term like Celiac in order to believe a person really has a serious problem.

I fumbled around for several months using the term "wheat problem"....sheesh, and confusing people. I was happy when my Doctor told me I have a wheat allergy. It was like I needed permission to say it, and finally had validation.

It's nice to hear someone else who has the same reactions to wheat as me. I feel alone quite a bit because my symptoms are so different from Celiacs. I do share a few symptoms though.

Yes, I was talking to you. Thank you for the explanation. You really are Mizz combo pack! I have a cousin who tested negative, but displays ALL Celiac sign and symptoms. I cannot convince her to use the term Celiac in the real world, and people do not take her seriously. It breaks my heart. The real world needs a specific recognizable term like Celiac in order to believe a person really has a serious problem.

I fumbled around for several months using the term "wheat problem"....sheesh, and confusing people. I was happy when my Doctor told me I have a wheat allergy. It was like I needed permission to say it, and finally had validation.

It's nice to hear someone else who has the same reactions to wheat as me. I feel alone quite a bit because my symptoms are so different from Celiacs. I do share a few symptoms though.

I struggled for a while with what to call myself and I experienced many of the same confused looks on people's faces. My current dr is great and says I'm most likely celiac or gluten intolerant and whatever term I want to use is fine with her (she won't write it on my chart because of possible insurance issues though and has me down as wheat allergic only). She admits I'm more educated on celiac than she is (I have taught her a few things by giving her articles to read, etc.) and she has even diagnosed a few people with celiac via blood tests. Anyway, I do sometimes just say wheat allergy when ordering food (that I know won't have barely or rye or oats as an issue) because it is more recognized and "allergy" is usually taken seriously as well.

_______

Back to breakfast-- I had my bowl of fruit but decided I didn't want any toast. I'm drinking a mid-mornign Throwback Pepsi and planning dinner. :P

Archived