This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

SilverSlipper Contributor

The kids and I had pizza! (and some halloween candy - we're getting a head start).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alex11602 Collaborator

Homemade apple pie:) It was made with a pie crust from Elana's Pantry and it was more like a crumble on top...it was so so good!

• 2 weeks later...
BeFree Contributor

Baked potato with a scoop of guacomole on top

And a sliced apple

Avocado has been a godsend for me in giving up dairy, it gives me that creaminess that's otherwise missing

Judy3 Contributor

Arrowhead Mills "Rice and Shine" cereal (brown rice grits) with brown sugar and cashews for a bit of flare :) And of course my beloved coffee!!

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Whatever Hubs fixes me???

freeatlast Collaborator

Corn Chex with apple juice instead of milk, the way I always eat it, half a banana and six almonds along with Tetley UK tea.

Jestgar Rising Star

Chicken salad on tostadas

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BeFree Contributor

Corn Chex with apple juice instead of milk

Good idea, thanks, hadn't thought of doing that

alex11602 Collaborator

Elana's Chocolate Chip scones (stones according to my 5 year old or cookies according to my almost 2 year old cookie monster:))

wheeleezdryver Community Regular

yogurt, and piece of Rudi's cinnamon raisin bread, toasted, w/ margarine.

Corn Chex with apple juice instead of milk

Good idea, thanks, hadn't thought of doing that

That is a good idea--- I'll have to try it sometime

(just plain ole milk gets boring after a while!)

Elana's Chocolate Chip scones (stones according to my 5 year old or cookies according to my almost 2 year old cookie monster:))

lol, that's cute!

Skylark Collaborator

GAPS/SCD muffins made with eggs, squash, honey, and almond meal. Black coffee with honey. I'm feeling much better grain-free/dairy-free, dammit.

Marilyn R Community Regular

Brown rice cake spread with peanut butter, half a sliced banana & a drizzle of honey with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

I like rice cakes with melted cheese on them too, but I usually over nuke them.

Glad you're feeling good Skylark!

freeatlast Collaborator

Three buckwheat pancakes with water/apple cider vinegar inplace of milk, thanks to gluten-free Manna's recipe and Takala's comment about water tasting just as good, and three slices of turkey bacon with black coffee with a dash of salt and vanilla added to the grounds b4 brewing. Extremely yum!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star

Eggs fried in bacon grease on baked potatoes.

Skylark Collaborator

Glad you're feeling good Skylark!

Thanks, though grain-free/casein-free is a bit of a pain.

Today a slice of coconut flour bread with half a banana, coffee with honey.

coconut bread recipe is here: Open Original Shared Link

wheeleezdryver Community Regular

two pouches of fruit snacks as I was running out the door. Then later a piece of gluten-free banana bread and a gluten-free pumpkin raisin muffin that I made yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...
BeFree Contributor

Just a simple apple with peanut butter and black coffee.

I count my blessings that I can have peanut butter. I think a peanut allergy would be far harder to live with than a gluten intolerance.

love2travel Mentor

My husband made us hashbrowns, sauteed mushrooms and ham, lightly scrambled some eggs and arranged it all in a tower and topped with a bit of cheese (I am still limiting the amounts I can have). He is our breakfast cook. :)

BeFree Contributor

Mashed potatoes

Warm strawberry applesauce

Black coffee

love2travel Mentor

Not very cohesive today:

apple juice

pear

strawberries

chocolate chip cookie

love2travel Mentor

Honey Nut Chex

Pear

Chocolate chip cookie

Ellie84 Apprentice

No-fat quark with fruits and a hint of sweetener. Vitamin-fortified breakfast cereal made from brown rice and beet fiber, containing not too much sugar. Large cup of green tea with ginseng flavour.

I actually wanted the last piece of oatbroad with bacon and eggs, but the blue fuzzies had beaten me to it :(

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Just a simple apple with peanut butter and black coffee.

I count my blessings that I can have peanut butter. I think a peanut allergy would be far harder to live with than a gluten intolerance.

I have a peanut allergy and it is hard to live without! The real kicker for me was finding out I'm allergic to tomatos! I can find gluten-free bread as a relacement, but not a summer tomato. I loved hot toast with peanut butter.

lucia Enthusiast

I have trouble with breakfast, so these ideas are helpful. (I'm thinking rice cakes with peanut butter tomorrow.) Today was leftover hot gluten-free cereal from Bob's Red Mill that I originally made with added blackberries and raspberries which I revived by heating up with milk and adding sliced almonds and banana slices. Plus herbal tea.

love2travel Mentor

Two soft-boiled eggs

Banana, Bluberry and Pineapple Smoothie

Archived