This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Leftover bacon/cheese quiche.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
researchmomma Contributor

Leftover bacon/cheese quiche.

Leftover potato wedges with cheese on top with a fried egg on top.

cahill Collaborator

This morning was leftover Home made (gluten free) mac and cheese.

sa1937 Community Regular

No breakfast for me yet but I'm going to have scrambled eggs and banana-nut muffins (I made two loaves of banana bread yesterday to take to my son and DIL and one for my son's in-laws...made with Pamelas Baking & Pancake Mix). I had too much batter for the loaves of bread and made muffins with the surplus. Yum!

BeFree Contributor

French Toast made with Udi's cinnamon raisin bread, cream cheese frosting on top

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

freeatlast Collaborator

Thank you! Happy New Year to you as well!

Left over New England Clam Chowder, Progresso, gluten-free.

sa1937 Community Regular

Oatmeal (BRM old-fashioned gluten-free oats)...and maybe another banana-nut muffin.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

freeatlast Collaborator

Oatmeal (BRM old-fashioned gluten-free oats)...and maybe another banana-nut muffin.

I "envy" you folks who can eat gluten-free oats :), well, not exactly envy, but you are lucky. I can never figure out WHAT to substitute for oats in recipes, so never make them. Example: breads that call for oat flour

sa1937 Community Regular

I "envy" you folks who can eat gluten-free oats :), well, not exactly envy, but you are lucky. I can never figure out WHAT to substitute for oats in recipes, so never make them. Example: breads that call for oat flour

I waited until I was 9 months gluten-free to test oatmeal and am glad I can eat it even though I don't have it very often. It used to be a breakfast staple for me.

Not sure what you can substitute for oats in recipes...I immediately think of quinoa flakes or flour but don't know if it would work or if you can tolerate it. I haven't made any recipes that call for oat flour but if I do, I'll grind my own.

Hopefully there are some baking gurus on here that will give you a better idea of what you can use instead of oats.

silk Contributor

This morning was leftover Home made (gluten free) mac and cheese.

I had the same thing! Added a couple of little smokies with my husband's homemade BBQ sauce. I love leftovers for brekkie and would eat them any day over something sweet. I had a bowl of choco chex today, which I almost never do, and now I know why. Hate the sweet aftertaste that the sugar leaves in my mouth.

love2travel Mentor

Roasted Poblano and Corn Chowder

Lactose-free yogurt

Raw pear

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Spam and scrambled eggs/egg whites

Apple

Hash browns

Mimosas

I'm in a sodium/fat induced haze.

alex11602 Collaborator

Last night I made a double batch of Elana's Pantry Paleo Banana Bread except I used egg replacer and oil instead of the shortening so we had that for breakfast with Olivio spreadable butter and fresh blueberries.

love2travel Mentor

As I am house/dog sitting for a friend my breakfasts are rather simple this week. Today is just this:

gluten-free cereal

fresh blackberries

lactose-free yogurt

• 2 weeks later...
GFdad0110 Apprentice

I make on most mornings: scrambled eggs (1/2 regular 1/2 white) bacon or canadian bacon, cheese and avacado in a corn tortilla. I get my tortillas from a mexican restaurant near my home. they make them fresh and sell them by the bulk and use one single ingredient-corn.

GFdad0110 Apprentice

Just bought some gluten free oats. Gonna make that tomorrow and throw in some frozen raspberries and strawberries when its really hot to cool it down.

freeatlast Collaborator

Last piece of pizza with brown rice crust, Greek yoghurt, cinnamon, and half a banana. Hot mug of ginger water :)

love2travel Mentor

Last piece of pizza with brown rice crust, Greek yoghurt, cinnamon, and half a banana. Hot mug of ginger water :)

That really sounds good! Mine was simply gluten-free cereal with lactose-free yogurt and fresh blackberries. I knew I would have about a trillion calories at lunch and dinner so I was a good girl for breakfast at least! :lol:

cahill Collaborator

I had a piece of Udi's toasted, a piece of sausage and AN EGG !!!!! :D

I have not had an egg in almost a year(other the egg in Udi's bread ) I Have been eating Udi's bread on occasion and I have not had any reaction (from the eggs) even though I have recently increased my consumption quite a bit .

So I decided to reintroduce/ test eggs and I had an egg for breakfast. So far so good :D . I have not had any reaction as of yet. Here is hoping I can have eggs again :D

I am a bit emotional about this, I know silly right :unsure: but being able to add eggs back into my diet would be a GIANT step forward. :D

love2travel Mentor

I have not had an egg in almost a year(other the egg in Udi's bread ) I Have been eating Udi's bread on occasion and I have not had any reaction (from the eggs) even though I have recently increased my consumption quite a bit .

So I decided to reintroduce/ test eggs and I had an egg for breakfast. So far so good :D . I have not had any reaction as of yet. Here is hoping I can have eggs again :D

I am a bit emotional about this, I know silly right :unsure: but being able to add eggs back into my diet would be a GIANT step forward. :D

Not silly! I would feel strongly about that, too. Eggs are so good and very versatile. I have them often and would have a difficult time without 'em.

Man, I hope you can safely have eggs again! That would be AWESOME! :D

alex11602 Collaborator

I really hope it works for you, being able to have eggs would make life a bit easier.

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I would be excited/emotional to add something back in too! I'll hope this is true for you! I would love to add back some more dairy, like yogurt and milk. I haven't gotten up the nerve to test yet.

love2travel Mentor

gluten-free Chocolate Stars cereal (hey - it is for kids but the best gluten-free cereal I have ever had - stays crunchy in milk and is not hollow and light - has substance!)

Blueberry Pomogranate unsweetened fruit cup

Now this sounds very odd but also fresh radishes as a snack. I just love them. Better than snacking on chips or crackers! :P

Cort Caldwell Newbie

I am mid-way through it:

millet grits boiled in half water and half coconut milk,

a sprinkle of raisins and sunflower seeds,

a quarter cup of flash-frozen blueberries,

a heaping teaspoon of Vance's milk replacement,

a generous pinch of cinnamon and a small sprinkle of nutmeg.

Optionally add a generous teaspoon of honey for non-vegans.

BeFree Contributor

"I make on most mornings: scrambled eggs (1/2 regular 1/2 white) bacon or canadian bacon, cheese and avacado in a corn tortilla."

That sounds so good, I Love Love Love avocados, if they weren't so expensive I'd probably be eating them three times a day!

"I am a bit emotional about this, I know silly right but being able to add eggs back into my diet would be a GIANT step forward. "

Not silly at all, I'm so happy for you that you can eat eggs! I totally understand, hope it's still going well for you. :)

Today, Dinner for Breakfast. Last night for dinner I tried to make Baked Acorn Squash With Apples, and the squash did not turn out. I was so disappointed, but I'm having the apples in my hot cereal this morning and they turned out good!

Archived