This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

love2travel Mentor

A delicious, scrumptious, delectable mango strawberry smoothie. It was so thick my spoon stood up in it. My new favourite flavour combination. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wheeleezdryver Community Regular

tangelo, 1/2 banana, 'fried' egg w dash of Frank's Hot Sauce.

notme Experienced

stuffed french toast! and this is the second time this week i made it and it turned out not mushy and gushy. i used rudi's original (from the freezer into the toaster oven on 300 degrees for 10 min to thaw it and dry it out a little. then dunk it into the egg mixture just for a second (my first few attempts i left the bread soaking too long - like i used to do with glutenous bread - and it disintegrated lolz) i fried them in butter on both sides then just put plain cream cheese and some blackberry jam in between them, egged them again and fried them again. this would be good for a brunch. love playing with my food haha :D

oh, and i had some ham, too :)

Emily30 Newbie

chocolate chex cereal

alex11602 Collaborator

My youngest was asking for dark chocolate chips in her rice chex for a special breakfast so the girls had that and I put them in my Yoplait cherry orchard yogurt. It was a nice treat.

Marilyn R Community Regular

We had fried potatoes (leftovers from slow cooked corn beef), a fried over easy egg, and chili. It was scrumptious!

BeFree Contributor

I had some of the Kinnikinnik brown bread with lots of butter and strawberry jam, wow, this was a good combo! The strawberry complimented this particular bread nicely.

However, this might be the last of that bread for me a while though, since I think I'm reacting to beans and peas now and I maybe can't have the pea protein in this bread. Still testing to see if I react to it. Well, that's life for us, isn't it! :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lucia Enthusiast

I had prickypear1971's gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free hot chocolate!

Not for everyday (too rich) but a great treat. I drank it with two slices of gluten-free toast with almond butter. I'll have fruit later in the morning.

BeFree Contributor

Sounds yummy Lucia! Toast is still my favorite thing for breakfast, even gluten-free. :)

Nothing too exciting for breakfast today...banana with cinnamon and a sweet potato.

Skylark Collaborator

Coconut flour banana muffins. I did a half-batch of this recipe, though with less cinnamon and honey and I added some chopped walnuts. Cooked them in muffin tins 25 min.

Open Original Shared Link

silk Contributor

We had fried potatoes (leftovers from slow cooked corn beef), a fried over easy egg, and chili. It was scrumptious!

Is there a way for me to 'like' this? :D I am no fan of traditional cereal/toast type breakfasts. I eat them because I need to eat something, and nutrition is required but my D'ruthers would be cold pizza or tacos. However,your breakfast today sounds wonderful!

silk Contributor

gluten-free oatmeal with apples and walnuts and a small glass of 1 percent milk. I just closed my eyes and pretended it was cold pizza! :lol: Didn't work, but then again, I didn't suffer the pangs of guilt either...."No Pang, no dang' when I look at the numbers on the scale this way.

love2travel Mentor

Banana and strawberry smoothie and a poached egg. Still visiting family so am playing it simple and safe!

lucia Enthusiast

-gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free hot chocolate (per prickpear1971's recipe, which was leftover from the other day I made it)

&

-roasted yukon potato halves used to scoop up cardamon vanilla applesauce (all leftovers, of course)

Funny - I never ever would have come up with a breakfast like this before being forced to go gluten-free. Actually, I ate the same thing everyday (green tea, plain yogurt with granola/muesli, fruit on a good day, and peanut butter toast - everyday!). So boring ...

BeFree Contributor

"Funny - I never ever would have come up with a breakfast like this before being forced to go gluten-free. Actually, I ate the same thing everyday"

Yes I've been having some pretty "creative" breakfasts too...I used to eat the same thing every day too...toast, every day! I could still eat toast every day, BUT, now it is too expensive to eat every day...also for some reason I don't want to be in a rut any more. I like eating different things for breakfast, and I didn't before. Wierd.

alex11602 Collaborator

This morning I made a triple berry slushie...frozen blueberries and strawberries with some cranberry juice. My daughter has a sore throat and wanted something soothing.

love2travel Mentor

Peach melba smoothie. It was thick and luscious.

lucia Enthusiast

I had banana muffins made with coconut flour using the recipe Skylark posted above:

Open Original Shared Link

They were the easiest gluten-free goods I've made! I'm definitely going to make more pastries with coconut flour. The taste was delicious. Next time I'll use cardamon instead of cinnamon and see how that goes.

Poppi Enthusiast

A fried egg (laid only minutes earlier by one of our backyard chickens) with cheese, sour cream and salsa on a corn tortilla. Yummy in my tummy.

love2travel Mentor

Blueberry and raspberry smoothie. My homemade French baguette grilled and dipped into peppery olive oil and balsamic.

BeFree Contributor

Baked lemon pepper salmon, brown rice and Alexia Sweet Potato Tater Tots. Mmmm good stuff. God Bless the Alexia company for making these tots gluten-free with rice flours instead of wheat!

love2travel Mentor

Blueberry mango smoothie with hazelnut agave. Tastes like soft ice cream!

squirmingitch Veteran

I wish like heck I could eat what you guys do for breakfast & be able to go till lunch time before getting weak & shaky. Here's say a typical breakfast for me:

cup of coffee then:

large serving of hash browns with a sausage patty crumbled in plus an egg white a glass of juice & a 1/2 glass of milk.

Within 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. I will be starving & shaky.

I've been reading through these posts to get breakfast ideas but I would wither away if I only ate the tiny amount so many of you do. I'm getting desperate. Do you have any suggestions?

love2travel Mentor

I wish like heck I could eat what you guys do for breakfast & be able to go till lunch time before getting weak & shaky. Here's say a typical breakfast for me:

cup of coffee then:

large serving of hash browns with a sausage patty crumbled in plus an egg white a glass of juice & a 1/2 glass of milk.

I've been reading through these posts to get breakfast ideas but I would wither away if I only ate the tiny amount so many of you do. I'm getting desperate. Do you have any suggestions?

Believe me - I do not eat tiny amounts! Sometimes I have Eggs Benedict and fruit; other times smoothies; other times leftovers from dinner. I could easily eat what you do and more. I also have a mid morning snack of lactose-free yogurt or raw fruit and/or a handful of raw nuts. Without a snack I would be famished. Morning is my hungriest time of the day - perhaps it is the same for you.

Have you considered a dietitian? Mine is superb. Being accountable is important to me.

ciamarie Rookie

cup of coffee then:

I'd suspect that shaky feeling is due to too many carbs (carbohydrates), at least it is for me. Are you doing egg white due to iodine in the yolk? Thankfully I'm back to whole eggs and my DH is fine unless I do something stupid like drink tea that I realized after 2 weeks was glutening me. (Hytop brand)

However, your juice, hashbrowns and probably milk are a pretty high-carb combination, and possibly the sausage patty also has dextrose or corn syrup? (i.e. carbs) -- add either more protein or fat (or both?) and cut back on those things that are going to raise your blood sugar.

Archived