This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

Marilyn R Community Regular

We had buckwheat sourcream blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and Jones sausauge links two days in a row.

I used 1/2 a package of a gluten-free pancake mix, added about 3/4 cup of buckwheat flour, an egg, about 2/3 cup of sour cream & 1 3/4 cup milk. (I like my pancakes on the thin side.)

The batter was even better the second day after refrigeration, but I added more milk because the batter got stiffer. The pancakes were delicious!!

Sqirming, I know the feeling you describe. I find high protein snacks helpful. (Like peanut butter on banana or sliced apple, a rice cake with peanut butter or safe nuts.) I wonder why our bodies crave protein after going gluten-free. :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
love2travel Mentor

Chili Sweet Potato Fries

Frozen grapes

Raw cucumber

Oops - this was my lunch! :o

Breakfast:

Glutino toast with peanut butter

Poached egg

squirmingitch Veteran

Yes, ciamarie, no egg yolk for the low iodine for the dh. I got glutened about a month ago from a can of refried beans which was the first time I had tried hardly anything that wasn't whole foods. Before that I had gotten back on the iodine & seemed to be doing well.

Thank you you guys for the tips. So more protein & fat, less carbs. Easier to do when I can add iodine back.

Again, Thankssmile.gif

researchmomma Contributor

I made this Cinnabon Clone and it rocked. My Celiac neighbors couldn't believe it was gluten-free. My gluten-free daughter was in heaven.

I had one and wasn't hungry until dinner!

Open Original Shared Link

squirmingitch Veteran

I made this Cinnabon Clone and it rocked. My Celiac neighbors couldn't believe it was gluten-free. My gluten-free daughter was in heaven.

I had one and wasn't hungry until dinner!

Open Original Shared Link

Oooooooooo, that sounds so yummy! I bookmarked the recipe for when I've healed enough to give yeast a try.

love2travel Mentor

This may sound odd but sometimes I have unconventional breakfasts. I made myself yummy potato salad.

squirmingitch Veteran

Tenderloin and 2 slices of Glutino's Flax Bread with Nutella on them.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Tenderloin and 2 slices of Glutino's Flax Bread with Nutella on them.

How did you feel mid morning? Did it help goin with a high protein breakfast?

squirmingitch Veteran

How did you feel mid morning? Did it help goin with a high protein breakfast?

It was better Marilyn. I ate at 8 but by 11 I was getting what I call the dropsies. This morning I had a banana followed by a bowl of buckwheat about 7:45. In about 10 minutes I'm going to begin making egg white, hash brown, & ham.

Thanks for asking. I'm still trying to figure this all out. Never paid much attention to carbs before as I never had any weight problems. Am now learning what constitutes fast carbs & slow carbs & the glycemic load business.

I amended the second 1/2 of my breakfast by giving hubs 1/2 my hash browns & having egg white & ham plus a piece of flax toast with nutella. Thought this was a better choice.

Will see how this goes.

alex11602 Collaborator

Berry and Banana Shortcakes with chocolate shavings:)

I made almond flour biscuits and topped them with blueberries, strawberries and banana. Then I put on homemade whipped cream which I didn't add sugar too and then shaved 90% dark chocolate over top. It was delicious and I think if I made a sweeter whipped cream it would make a yummy dessert.

Squirming, I'm glad you're feeling better. I find it helpful to eat like a diabetic in the early smorning and afternoon (small portions, low carbs, frequent snacks). I must have a good lunch. DP always wants dinner early, I always want it late and light.

I still have a problem with eating in the morning, but liked my puffed brown rice cereal the banana and milk this morning, didn't even need sugar or honey. The unbelievable thing is that I bought it for $2 at a gluten-free expo. Wish I'd bought more!

Alex, your breakfast sounded delish! And in case you don't know, Squirming, almond flour used for bisquit making is low carb, high protein, might be something you like and can live with. Good luck!

squirmingitch Veteran

Alex's breakfast DOES sound delish ~~~ ANY time of day or night!

I'm going to have to try almond flour myself. Biscuits --- ohhhhh I miss my biscuits. Since I began cooking as a kid I've always made my own biscuits. And they weren't drop biscuits either. Rolling pin & biscuit cutter -- what you'd call baking powder biscuits.

Well Marilyn I got to 11:20 today before the dropsies started to make themselves known. Thanks for caring & asking. I'm going to lick this thing sooner or later.cool.gif

revenant Enthusiast

Oof. I'm on a candida diet. I should not be reading all of these :o *drool*

I had a salad for breakky

Jestgar Rising Star

sauteed veggies with eggs and a bit of leftover steak sliced in.

squirmingitch Veteran

Began with flax toast with nutella on it. Then later a banana. Then later a bowl of cream of buckwheat. Then later an egg white with sausage in it.

Skylark Collaborator

Gluten-free steel cut oats with an egg over easy on top.

cahill Collaborator

Udi's bread toasted with homemade strawberry jam and a cup of tea

I am fighting a whopper of a cold and nothing else sounded good

squirmingitch Veteran

Get well soon! (((chill)))

BeFree Contributor

Bob's Red Mill hot cereal + Enjoy Life chocolate chips + sugar = chocolate Malt O Meal

mbrookes Community Regular

Louisianna strawberries are here, so I had a big bowl of strawberries with real cream. The berries are so sweet that I don't need sugar.

squirmingitch Veteran

Steak, pancakes, flax toast with nutella & a migraine.

GottaSki Mentor

Apple, Pear, Blueberry, Spinach, Kale smoothie.

A bit later -- eggs scrambled with onion and topped with cheese.

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I need some quick and protien ideas! I get up at 5 a.m. and I'm so sleepy, I usually get only coffee in. I eat a rice cake or two on the job. I'm tired of boiled eggs on the run.

squirmingitch Veteran

Add some peanut butter to the rice cake. I'm eating one right now. That will give you approx. 8 grams of protein.

squirmingitch Veteran

Began with a brown rice cake topped with peanut butter, then had an apple with peanut butter, then had a tangerine, followed by some pineapple. I have a feeling I'll be looking for more to stuff my gullet with before too long.cool.gif

Archived