This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Add some peanut butter to the rice cake. I'm eating one right now. That will give you approx. 8 grams of protein.

Thanks for the idea, but I'm allergic to peanuts and a few other nuts. I've been wanting to try sunbutter, but not sure if I'll react to it. Does anyone who has to be nut free eat sunbutter alright? I've been thinking of trying yogurt. I was dairy free, but now seem to handle hard cheese.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freeatlast Collaborator

I'm baking banana nut bread right now. Will have that for breakkie with coffee. Hope it turns out!

Editing to say, ohmygosh, can you say PERFECT!!!!!!!!

cahill Collaborator

An egg salad sandwich and some peaches :)

squirmingitch Veteran

Carolina, I didn't know you had problems with nuts. How about getting some steak & cook it all up on say Sat. then cut it up into portions & freeze individually wrapped portions. Take one out in the am & nuke it & just eat it. Throw in a rice cake & some yogurt & you ought to be good to go.

love2travel Mentor

Grilled provolone and smoked ham sandwich. Handful of grapes.

lpellegr Collaborator

Breakfast this week will be CHEESECAKE. Yeah, I know, but the rest of my meals will be salad and vegetable lasagna. Besides, cream cheese has protein, right?

squirmingitch Veteran

Breakfast this week will be CHEESECAKE. Yeah, I know, but the rest of my meals will be salad and vegetable lasagna. Besides, cream cheese has protein, right?

Yes it does.laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I copied yesterdays breakfast again today. It worked great for 2 days now.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ciamarie Rookie

Buckwheat, sorghum & blueberry pancakes, with a 1/3 or so piece of a boneless pork rib.

love2travel Mentor

Banana bread infused with lemon simple syrup.

Strawberries.

aeraen Apprentice

I had my usual Cinnabun on a Spoon, made with my brown rice cereal. I eat this 5 out of 7 mornings a week, and never tire of it (really, who gets tired of Cinnabuns??). I just posted a long post in the recipe forum, with instructions to make your own hot, brown rice cereal, followed with how to make Cinnabun on a Spoon with it.

Cat Woman Newbie

Corn chex with honey and milk.

BeFree Contributor

Need to go shopping, scrounging from leftovers this morning LOL.

Sandwich made with last 2 pieces of Rudi's multigrain bread, Spam, avocado dip and melted cheese.

alex11602 Collaborator

This morning my husband and I made almond flour waffles and turkey bacon this morning.

love2travel Mentor

I'm back out in the country house/dogsitting so this morning was simple. Rather than use the toaster here I sort of grilled my bread in my own pan and simply had it with some lovely apple jelly. And something unusual for me - a tiny bit of dark chocolate. Generally chocolate does not appeal to me but this morning it did. My morning snack will be an unsweetened fruit cup and fresh strawberries.

Jestgar Rising Star

microwaved potato with home made butter and yogurt.

GottaSki Mentor

Apple pancake -- grated apple, eggs, cinnamon pan fried into a big pancake topped with homemade blueberry syrup...tasted great, but I bloated a bit...haven't used cinnamon in a very long time -- will try again before I rule out cinnamon ;)

Jestgar Rising Star

A scoop of pumpkin mixed in with home made yogurt, and the scrapings from the bottom of the brownie pan.

love2travel Mentor

Pomegranate, cherry and raspberry smoothie.

lucia Enthusiast

I toasted two slices of Udi's bread, topped them with fried eggs, and ate with a side of (leftover) Indian-style, stir-fried cabbage. Also, had a cup of herbal tea.

squirmingitch Veteran

A bowl of hot Quinoa with honey and a tad of milk.

alex11602 Collaborator

This morning was cheese grits.

love2travel Mentor

This morning was cheese grits.

Mmmmm....I LOVE cheese grits! :)

love2travel Mentor

My second-last morning housesitting so I am using things up that I brought along. This morning I had a raspberry mango smoothie.

ciamarie Rookie

I decided to test coconut flour, and made some pancakes using the recipe from: Open Original Shared Link and they were nice and fluffy, and pretty yummy! I only got 5 pancakes out of it, rather than the 8 they noted on the recipe, I was hoping for a couple left over, but alas I scarfed them all down. :D

If the test goes o.k. (so far so good, a couple of hours later...), I think the flour will be a nice addition to my bread recipe when I use sorghum flour, which tends to be really dry.

love2travel Mentor

I decided to test coconut flour, and made some pancakes using the recipe from: Open Original Shared Link and they were nice and fluffy, and pretty yummy! I only got 5 pancakes out of it, rather than the 8 they noted on the recipe, I was hoping for a couple left over, but alas I scarfed them all down. :D

If the test goes o.k. (so far so good, a couple of hours later...), I think the flour will be a nice addition to my bread recipe when I use sorghum flour, which tends to be really dry.

Yum! I, too, am smitten with coconut flour and use it for pancakes, cakes, brownies, cookies and bread.

Archived