This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

Mateto Enthusiast

I had leftover steak, thoroughly heated and placed on Genius sandwich bread, sprinkled cheese over it. I also had an apple and a brownie I made from an (obviously) gluten-free mix: because I have a chocolate problem.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
love2travel Mentor

Raspberry and peach smoothie. I'm on such a smoothie kick at the moment.

cahill Collaborator

This morning was egg salad and an orange

Marilyn R Community Regular

We had scrambled eggs with sauted shallots, diced tomato and gouda cheese served with crispy bacon, a toasted Against the Grain roll and a side of fresh pineapple. It was the bomb. I think I'm gonna try congee (brown rice though) in th little crock pot tonight, thanks for that link.

cahill Collaborator

We had scrambled eggs with sauted shallots, diced tomato and gouda cheese served with crispy bacon, a toasted Against the Grain roll and a side of fresh pineapple. It was the bomb. I think I'm gonna try congee (brown rice though) in th little crock pot tonight, thanks for that link.

Let me know how the brown rice works. I am trying to get away from white rice but I am unsure how it would work for congee.

tuxedocat Apprentice

Yay! Someone is trying it! I never get tired of it because there are so many different ways to serve it up.

Your breakfast sounds fab; when my stomach is more settled again, I'll try that.

Jestgar Rising Star

pumpkin puree with maple syrup.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Potato spaghetti with sundried tomato sauce. Nectarine.

Mateto Enthusiast

A waffle, chocolate, and two apples.

Come on....it's Sunday.

beebs Enthusiast

Homemade ham, sundried tomato and cheese muffins.

Yay! Someone is trying it! I never get tired of it because there are so many different ways to serve it up.

Your breakfast sounds fab; when my stomach is more settled again, I'll try that.

I did try Congee, it was good. I had it savory one morning and sweet the next.

It came out too thick though. I used one cup of brown rice and six cups water in the little crock pot. I had DP dump the remainder of the Congee in the compost bin today and he asked me if that stuff was Gorilla Glue or what?!? (He's a whiner.)

I think 8 cups of water to 1 cup brown rice in a crock pot would work. I might try congee with black rice, that would probably be really good with a poached egg and hot sauce. :D

eeyorelvr Newbie

Home made bagels with cream cheese.

Jestgar Rising Star

Big ol' plate of scrambled egg fry up. Potatoes, onion, chili peppers, zucchini, tomato, eggs, cheese, topped with avocado and yogurt.

Mateto Enthusiast

Today was a gluten-free Honeybar, and an apple. Filling. Quick and easy.

Jestgar Rising Star

Pumpkin fudge.

wait....that was dinner too...

maybe that's why I have this sugar hangover headache. :ph34r:

love2travel Mentor

Strawberry and Mango Smoothie (it's my favourite way to get calcium naturally)

Mateto Enthusiast

Honey'd Chex and an apple.

*sigh* Chex. It's becoming sickly.

Pac Apprentice

one quesadilla made with fresh tortillas from fresh masa, no MaSeCa.

one "pear banana" (never saw one before so I just had to buy it) with plain full-fat yogurt.

Small shot of tequilla cause I'm still stomach sick from some bug I must have picked up while travelling (seems like Quintana Roo's bugs like my blood type :angry: )

Jestgar Rising Star

Small shot of tequilla cause I'm still stomach sick from some bug I must have picked up while travelling

:huh::blink: :blink:

tequila helps?

Mateto Enthusiast

Honey'd Cex: THE BOX I FINALLY FINISHED!!!

Gluten-free Honeybar.Sliver of left-over Shepherd's Pie, and a homemade peanut-butter biscuit! A healthy one, full'a protein and good fats to keep me full!

mushroom Proficient

:huh::blink: :blink:

tequila helps?

I use scotch on an empty stomach. Shocks the stomach into behavin; :ph34r::rolleyes:

Home made bagels with cream cheese.

How horrible were they to make? How good did they turn out? Please provide details!!!! :D Would you make them again? I've checked out the recipes and always chickend out, so I'm curious.

love2travel Mentor

How horrible were they to make? How good did they turn out? Please provide details!!!! :D Would you make them again? I've checked out the recipes and always chickend out, so I'm curious.

What recipe did you use? I want to know details, too. My recipe turns out delicious bagels.

Marilyn, they are worth making!

love2travel Mentor

Homemade dinner rolls grilled with ham, Provolone, blueberry ketchup I made yesterday and spicy mustard we brought back from Croatia.

freeatlast Collaborator

Nature's Path Buckwheat waffles and turkey bacon :) Just popped waffles in the toaster.

Archived