This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Having A Celiac Break Down

valeriek

valeriek Apprentice

Thank you every one so much. You have all given some GREAT IDEAS and hope. Is there really a diet that will cure this?

Valerie :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Skylark Collaborator

Rudi's and Udi's are both soft and have the right texture for bread. They're not crumbly like some gluten-free breads. Everything I've tried by Udi's has been good. Their cinnamon rolls are wonderful, the muffins good (a little sticky since they're frozen), and I just got a package of snickerdoodle cookies that were great. I just tried Multigrain Rudi's and it's really good too.

Glutino makes bagels that I like, though they're lighter than wheat ones. I get them sometimes as a treat and have them with lox and cream cheese. If you're wanting donuts, go for Kinniknnick. Glutino has cookies that are just like Oreos, called dream cookies.

I don't eat a lot of the gluten-free specialty foods because they're expensive. I have a rice cooker that I use a lot, and it's really easy to bake a potato in the microwave.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Hi

I just am a night owl. I eat the cool ranch doritos that are gluten-free. And the candy I eat is gluten-free. So the bread really is good? I bought some bread 1 time that weighed 5 pounds and horrible. I will try it. Thanks so much

There are lots of horrible gluten-free breads out there, but don't let that stop you from trying another type or brand. Udi's or Rudi's seem to be the favorites on this board. I've also heard Katz is pretty good but I haven't tried that one. gluten-free breads will not be exactly the same as gluteny bread but if you toast them (or make a grilled cheese) they are really close.

Another of my favorite products is King Arthur gluten-free flour. If you can find it where you live you have to try to make their pizza crust recipe. Open Original Shared Link

It does take a lot of time to wait for the rises but it's so worth it. This is one of my fovrite crusts.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Also do you have a crock pot? Check out this blog: Open Original Shared Link

Everything she makes is gluten free.

Some of my favorites are:

Orange Chicken

Turkey and wild rice soup

Salsa chicken

Chicken lettuce wraps

Lamb with Rosemary and Lemon

Meat loaf

fajitas

Tortilla soup

And those are just the ones that don't require cheese or soy sauce because I can't have cheese or soy. If you can have cheese and soy you've got a ton of more options!

kareng Grand Master

My god....can i come to your house to eat? Thank you so much. You are great.

Valerie

Nothing I made is complicated as I am very lazy. We eat a lot of the same things we ate before gluten-free.

I like to cook extra so I can have lunch or left overs. Left over chili is great on nachos, or to dip chips, taco salad, on a baked potato. Make a bunch of rice and grill up chicken & freeze in little baggies to use for many things. Frozen veggies are easy to add to the rice, chicken, canned black beans. You can get corn, rice or Teff tortillas & make Quesidillas, ham & cheese, etc.

Korwyn Explorer

Our dinner on Sunday was fried red potatoes, fried chicken gizzards, hearts, and livers lightly breaded in a flour blend (sorghum, brown rice, and white rice), seasoned with garlic powder, sea salt, and paprika, dipped in freshly cultured raw milk sour cream, and a salad.

*hangs head in shame* Yes, I know it wasn't GAPS or paleo compliant, but it was Father's Day, and I WANTED gizzards dang it! :P I did pay for it with a carb hangover all of yesterday though.

Dinner tonight will be at our local GiG meeting. I'm bringing mexican brownies made from Open Original Shared Link.

Archived