This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cycling - Carb Load

mindaugas

mindaugas Rookie

I need to carb load for the triple bypass coming up next weekend. I'm also doing a 130 mile ride this weekend over two mountain passes. For anyone else that has carb loaded, can you let me know what you ate? Right now I'm looking at LOTs of rice pasta, veggies, and some turkey meat for protein. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sb2178 Enthusiast

risotto with sweet potatoes/winter squash is my classic carb loading meal (running) and has been for years

applesauce, gluten-free pretzles during the day, white potatoes (peeled) are great snacks too

usually a bit of nuts, dairy, or fish for protein. i'd go with foods you normally eat over any other consideration.

mindaugas Rookie

Thanks, risotto with sweet potatoes sounds great. Damn, I don't know why I didn't get risotto at the store, I did get sweet potatoes. Pasta, risotto, and sweet potatoes.

tictax707 Apprentice

a. I'm with sb2178. never try new stuff before a big ride! gluten-free Bagels? jelly?

b. triple bypass??? please tell me that this is a RIDE, not a procedure.

mindaugas Rookie

This weekend is a training ride, so trying something slightly new, but in the same realm wouldn't be bad. Triple bypass: Open Original Shared Link I'm planning to ride this on Saturday. Open Original Shared Link

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Marianne Davis
    Newest Member
    Marianne Davis
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Kmd2024
      No they did not run a total IGA. But wouldn’t the DPG-IGA also be negative also if I was IGA deficient? They did also run a TTG-IGG and a DPG-IGG and they were also negative.
    • trents
      The DGP-IGA is valuable when celiac is suspected but the person being tested is IGA deficient. Were you tested for IGA deficiency. In other words, was there a test known as "Total IGA" ordered? Here is an overview of the various blood tests that can be run when diagnosing celiac disease:   
    • Kmd2024
      Has anyone ever negative blood work except for the DPG-IGA? Mine was 42 (reference range negative is >20. The TTG iga was negative. I have always suffered from bad gas issues and lately have been having bouts of diarrhea and constipation. I also have a bumpy rash that comes and goes below both elbows. i have an endoscopy scheduled in May but I was just wondering if anyone else had bloodwork like this and what was the end result?
    • trents
      Welcome to he forum community, @DjinnDjab! You wrote: "i just found out i may have celiac. so needless to say i no longer have friends or relationships." Are you saying that the need to eat gluten free has resulted in losing all your friends and your entire social life?
    • DjinnDjab
      i am a 37 yo male and this describes me perfectly. on a scale of 1-10, i am at 8. 9. 10, 11 for 8-12 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. this has been going on for about 5 years and i just found out i may have celiac. so needless to say i no longer have friends or relationships so i spend a lot of time with myself. and uhhh what really sucks is uhh, sorry to say, "enjoying myself" is a trigger for this pain. i can be fine all day until i take 5 mins to "myself" and then its all downhill from there. this has robbed me of every.single.thing in my once colorful life.