Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Celiac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Need Advice On How In The World To Test For Soy Intolerance?

4 posts in this topic

Hi again everybody!

Should have included this with the last post, but forgot. ;) I have figured out how to zero in on fructose intolerance, and I've been lactose intolerant for many decades, but I'm a bit lost and confused how to isolate soy intolerance. Maybe its because I can't think of any "soy" by itself that I eat. It's usually some component of other foods, at least that are familiar to me. I know there is tofu... I think that's soy, but honestly, its not something I have ever bought, nor would I know what to do with it if I did. Anyway, any of you have a good suggestion or two, of how to test for soy intolerance... I'd really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks so much... and have a great July 4th!

Ads by Google:

Edamame is whole soybeans in the shell. You can usually buy a microwavable freezer bag of them. You steam them and then remove the tough pod and eat the bean part.

Another thing to try would be getting some soy flour and adding a little to a recipe you know you are fine with everything else.

Or you could try 100% vegetable oil made with soybeans.

Soy sauce made without wheat may not have much else in it.

You may want to try all these forms because people can have different reactions to different forms of soy. I know I have different reactions depending on the form of soy. Some people don't have any trouble with soybean oil (it gives me an instant migraine). Some people can tolerate soy letchin but not soy protein isolate or soy flour.

For starters, you eliminate all soy-containing processed foods from your diet for at least two weeks, maybe even a month, and see if it helps. Soy is a declared allergen so it's not too hard to find it on labels. If you think it's helping, then challenge by adding soy back in.

Thanks so much you to for the quick and helpful answers! So nice of you to take the time to share what you know...it really helps me out a bunch! Now I feel like I can proceed with confidence... and figure this out. You're both great! Gotta love these forums for help from great people! Have a great weekend!