This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Trying To Understand How To Read These Results

melikamaui

melikamaui Explorer

Can anyone help me figure out this genetic panel? These are my son's results. I know he has a very high chance of having celiac disease, and his doctor believes that he does in fact have it, she diagnosed him already. I'd just like to know what each of these things stand for.

Thanks for any help.

002.5 (HLA OOA1*05:00B1"(201) and other non-risk alleles.

Category 4, DQ2 heterozygous, Increased Risk 10X, Relative Risk HIGH

Category 8, DQ2 Homozygous, Increased Risk 31X, Relative Risk EXTREMELY HIGH

Category 7, DQ2/other high risk gene, Increased Risk 16X, Relative Risk VERY HIGH

Category 6, DQ2/DQ8, Increased Risk 14X, Relative Risk VERY HIGH

Category 5, DQ8 Homozygous, Increased Risk 10X, Relative Risk HIGH

Category 4, DQ2 heterozygous, Increased Risk 10X, Relative Risk HIGH

Category 3, DQ8 heterozygous, Increased Risk 2X, Relative Risk MODERATE

Category 2, DQ2/other low risk gene, Increased Risk <1X, Relative Risk LOW

Category 1, DQx, DQ8, Increased Risk <o.1, Relative Risk EXTREMELY LOW

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

melikamaui Explorer

Anyone? Bueller?...

Mama Melissa Enthusiast

What category does he fall in? I only see his other risk alleles

melikamaui Explorer

What category does he fall in? I only see his other risk alleles

DQ2 heterozygous, Increased Risk 10X, Relative Risk HIGH

What do/does the other risk alleles mean? I don't understand that part at all.

Thanks for any help!

Melika

Skylark Collaborator

He has one risk allele, DQ2.5, and one non-risk allele which hasn't been specified. That gives him 10x risk for celiac with respect to the general US population.

I'm not sure what else you're asking. What do you mean by "each of these things"? Is this article helpful?

Open Original Shared Link

melikamaui Explorer

That's very helpful, thanks!

nora-n Rookie

I do not understand the difference between category 1 and 3 in this list

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived