• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Brain Power Getting Lower And Lower...

5 posts in this topic

Pyro    1

Brain fog has always been a problem but lately it's been getting out of control. I haven't felt incredibly normal and symptom free for awhile but lately it seems like I went from a sniffly sinus infection with somewhat puffy eyes (plant allergies?) to occasional to frequent dizziness to now where I feel really REALLY stupid & spacey. Extra rest, de-stressing, leafy greens, more eggs, isotonic drinks, stricter watch on my food for cc, etc hasn't done much to stop it and I might see my doctor if it really gets worse and or doesn't clear up any soon.

Head is so spacey and.... uh..... whatnot that it really is making me sad and worried. Like I'm too slow and confused to deal with normal crap anymore. On a side note my stomach has been refusing to "go back" and it feels like a huge block of something has been in my intestines at my left hip for awhile now. Won't go away even if I go a lot. My sleep has been odd too. Of course everyone sleeps in at some point, but I've been doing it so often now. My alarm will go off @ 7:30 then next thing I know I'll be up at 9 or even 10:15 like today. I RARELY ever wake up over 20 minutes late unless I wanted to sleep in.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

ravenwoodglass    1,222

I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. If you are sure that you have nothing that could be glutening you it sounds like it is time to visit the doctor and get things checked out just to be on the safe side. Hope your feeling better soon.

GFshay    5

It sounds like your body is trying to tell you things aren't too good. If you were just feeling foggy, I'd suggest having more protein in your diet and being sure to exercise regularly (that helped me a lot). But if you're feeling a blockage or something, definitely time to go to the doctor. I wonder if that might be part of your fog-- it happens to some of us if we're fighting off something that's not too healthy for us, like an infection.

Medusa    2

Poor thing! That's horrible. :( Have you had your thyroid activity checked lately? How certain can you be about cc - some people are incredibly sensitive to even tiny amounts of gluten, maybe you are one of them? (Sharing a teflon coated pan with a non gluten-free cook could be enough).

I tend to agree with the others - time to get checked up by a doctor, if only to rule out all the possibilities you are probably worrying about. Hope you get better soon.

Chama-tan    0

I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad!!

Even though I've been gluten/lactose free for over 2 1/2 years, I've had recurring problems exactly like what you describe. It actually got so bad I had to quit my job, quit school and move back home with my parents. I have no insurance so I've been trying to figure it out myself. Anyone else's suggestions could be just as valid, but of course you really do want to see a doctor for the final word!!

I think in MY case, I have a corn allergy I had no idea about! I had forgotten my sister was tested and diagnosed with a corn allergy and Celiac disease, because she stopped following her proper diet when she enlisted in the military. (Very sick because of it, too...) So, it just left my mind, the corn thing. I don't think it would hurt to do a little bit of research with the energy you can spare and figure out some things you eat with corn in them? In the past, I drank a lot of soda with high fructose corn syrup and I think that made me INSANE... the mixture of the corn allergy and the caffeine kicker... oh, man. Please look into it! You would probably know really quick if you started feeling better, so it can't hurt to try, then go to the doctor whether you get a result or not.

Brain fog has always been a problem but lately it's been getting out of control. I haven't felt incredibly normal and symptom free for awhile but lately it seems like I went from a sniffly sinus infection with somewhat puffy eyes (plant allergies?) to occasional to frequent dizziness to now where I feel really REALLY stupid & spacey. Extra rest, de-stressing, leafy greens, more eggs, isotonic drinks, stricter watch on my food for cc, etc hasn't done much to stop it and I might see my doctor if it really gets worse and or doesn't clear up any soon.

Head is so spacey and.... uh..... whatnot that it really is making me sad and worried. Like I'm too slow and confused to deal with normal crap anymore. On a side note my stomach has been refusing to "go back" and it feels like a huge block of something has been in my intestines at my left hip for awhile now. Won't go away even if I go a lot. My sleep has been odd too. Of course everyone sleeps in at some point, but I've been doing it so often now. My alarm will go off @ 7:30 then next thing I know I'll be up at 9 or even 10:15 like today. I RARELY ever wake up over 20 minutes late unless I wanted to sleep in.

Ads by Google: