This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

So Frustrated Still Not Pregnant

Mandy M

Mandy M Rookie

I'm so frustrated. I'm back on the diet now from not being on if for 17yrs. I'm just frustrated because I'm still not pregnant. I'm not sure why. Anyone have any ideas?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lovegrov Collaborator

I'm so frustrated. I'm back on the diet now from not being on if for 17yrs. I'm just frustrated because I'm still not pregnant. I'm not sure why. Anyone have any ideas?

How long have you been gluten-free? It could take months and months and months to undo the damage. Heck, my wife doesn't even have celiac to recover from and it took us 8 months to conceive our first child.

richard

tarnalberry Community Regular

How long have you been trying?

How long have you been gluten free?

Have you been tested for any vitamin deficiencies?

Do you chart your cycle so that you know if/when you ovulate, how long your luteal phase is, and if you are experiencing chemical pregnancies that don't stick?

Do you have any other medical issues that compound the issue?

There's SO MANY variables here that it's hard to know what to say based on just what you wrote.

Jungle Rookie

When we were trying to conceive after 2 wonderful babies and then 3 consecutive miscarriages (likely celiac related I now know) I found another forum "bellybelly" to be, like here, a wealth of information.

It really helps chatting with people who are in the same situation as you. And it was so cool to see people who were lamenting "is this ever going to happen?" posting that they were pregnant. It was great to have support each month from people who were just as nuts as I was in "the two week wait" waiting to be able to test and then also have someone who understands when it is negative or someone you can tell right away when it is positive.

Mandy M Rookie

Well my husband and I have been trying for 3yrs. But I've only been gluten free "again" since Sept. Its just frustrating because its been so long. I haven't had any mischarages that I know of, no pregnancies at all. Just frustrating. Right now i'm on fertility pills. Just got bumped up to 100 mg. I don't take my temps as of lately. I'm going to start again this cycle. I do also do the ovulation tests. Its fun trying but let me tell ya its so frustrating waiting the two weeks. Not only do you have to face the sadness of the fact your not pregnant but then you have to deal with your period also. Haven't been tested for Vitamin defincincys but I have been taking pre natals for the last three years. I might be diagniosed with Immflamatory joint disease but thats about it lately. Thank you everyone for your help

lucia Enthusiast

I'd suggest acupuncture. You may have heard this from your fertility clinic too. Acupuncture has consistently been shown to increase women's chances of getting pregnant. It's not magic - but nothing is, unfortunately. : ( Besides that, people get pregnant after years of undiagnosed fertility issues following going gluten-free. It just takes time.

A year ago, my periods were so painful that I couldn't get off the couch for up to a week during them. My periods had been getting more and more painful with age, until suddenly they became unbearable at the exact same time I started getting painful, digestive cramps from gluten. I would have premenstrual cramping, followed by a period that was basically just clots for a couple of days and then a weak, dark brown flow for several more days. To my surprise, that's changed, which I believe is from a combination of acupuncture and a gluten-free diet. I've recently had a few months when I've had no pain at all. And my menstrual output is now balanced, clear and a bright, shiny red. Something's changed in there!

I haven't been able to get pregnant - yet. But I feel like I'm getting closer to that possibility as I get healthier. I feel your pain though. It's been 3 years for me too. And, although I've been gluten-free since March 2010, I really only started getting healthy with the SC diet in August 2010 so we're on about the same timeline. I'm undergoing fertility treatments too. It's rough. : (

Archived