Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Celiac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Coconut Layer Cake

7 posts in this topic

I made the Coconut Layer Cake from the Gluten Free Baking Classics cookbook by Annalise Roberts and I had to come here and tell everyone how amazing it was! So delicious! Just like "regular" cake. I was so pleasantly surprised.

Now I am off to buy the sorghum and millet flours so I can start baking some bread :D

I found the rice, tapioca and potato starch at an asian market nearby. It was so much less expensive than anywhere else. Is there a similar type market that would have the sorghum and millet flours? I just don't have 7 or 8 dollars for a small packet of flour...

Ads by Google:

I made the Coconut Layer Cake from the Gluten Free Baking Classics cookbook by Annalise Roberts and I had to come here and tell everyone how amazing it was! So delicious! Just like "regular" cake. I was so pleasantly surprised.

Now I am off to buy the sorghum and millet flours so I can start baking some bread :D

I found the rice, tapioca and potato starch at an asian market nearby. It was so much less expensive than anywhere else. Is there a similar type market that would have the sorghum and millet flours? I just don't have 7 or 8 dollars for a small packet of flour...

The Asian Market here sometimes carries sorghum flour. Haven't seen millet anywhere.

So glad the coconut cake turned out for you.

Hi;

Don't know where you are but in Ontario, a lot of different flours can be found at Bulk Barn. Also Bob Mills. Millet is usually easy to fine.

Good luck in the baking!

I have made this cake countless times and it never fails to impress. Of all the desserts I have made, this is the one that gets requested over and over. If you don't own it already, this recipe alone is worth buying Annalise's book.

I have Annalise's cookbook but have never tried the Coconut Cake recipe. I wonder if white rice flour could be substituted for the Authentic Foods superfine brown rice flour. Anyone tried that?

I have made some bread from her cookbook. I especially like the Multigrain Sandwich Bread, which has seeds in it (sesame, flax and sunflower seeds).

Ads by Google:

I have Annalise's cookbook but have never tried the Coconut Cake recipe. I wonder if white rice flour could be substituted for the Authentic Foods superfine brown rice flour. Anyone tried that?

I have made some bread from her cookbook. I especially like the Multigrain Sandwich Bread, which has seeds in it (sesame, flax and sunflower seeds).

I used white rice flour and it was great. In the beginning of her book, she mentions that you can use it but she says that it could affect the taste in some cases. Since I don't know what the coconut cake tastes like with the brown rice flour, I can't compare them but this was terrific.

I used white rice flour and it was great. In the beginning of her book, she mentions that you can use it but she says that it could affect the taste in some cases. Since I don't know what the coconut cake tastes like with the brown rice flour, I can't compare them but this was terrific.

Glad to hear white rice flour works well! I think I do remember reading that in her book.