This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Cost Me Everything

ravenwoodglass

livelifelarge24 Enthusiast

Losing a pet is the worst!!! Tree is nothing really that will ease that pain but time... As for the rest of your post- I think I can relate a little. I went undiagnosed for 30 long miserable years. I too understand what it is like to look back and feel awful for al of the lost opportunities... People who didn't underhand, ruined outings, lost jobs, etc. But the fact of the matter is YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE PAST. For anyone who feels like they are better off without you or you must be 'forgiven' you are better off without them in your life FAMILY OR NOT. your life strts TODAY if you choose for it to. You have answers now for your health, it's time to create the life you've always dreamed of! Celiac is not a sentence, it's an amazing opportunity. All you have to do is eat properly and you're healthy. I encourage you to embrace this and be thankful for what you do have. If that's too hard then be thankful for the worse things you DON'T have! We all know the frustrations that come with this disease but being sad or upset will do nothing but make you more sad or upset. Don't let the disease own you- I don't even talk aboutnit or tell people unless there's some sort forced dinner situation. It's only as complicated as you make it. I promise you that if you can have a positive outlook, a good attitude, and be somebody who YOU love to spend time with, then the right people are goig to fall into your life. You WILL get through this difficult time, hang in there!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kitgordon Explorer

I am so sorry for your loss, Raven. Pets are such a comfort and joy; I'm glad you were led to your new friend so soon. Wishing you healing; you are such a source of help and comfort to so many here.

• 4 weeks later...
New Community Member Explorer

Sometimes I feel like I am just living waiting to die. I have nothing and no one. It hurts so much.

Hi Raven,

My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Please know you are not alone. Please know that no matter what you believe God IS with you and He has a purpose for your life. When I was undiagnosed, I didn't know what was going on. I felt so worthless, ashamed, and confused of all that was going on and I couldn't explain it. (There's nothing further from the truth.) Through it all, God is my constant Friend that I can always rely on and talk to because He never changes and is always there. This may or may not make sense to you, but I hope and pray you let the Maker of your heart come and heal it. If you would like to talk about it more, feel free to write me. Again, I am sorry for your loss as are many others. You have lots of support from this celiac forum community. Be encouraged.

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Hi Raven,

My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Please know you are not alone. Please know that no matter what you believe God IS with you and He has a purpose for your life. When I was undiagnosed, I didn't know what was going on. I felt so worthless, ashamed, and confused of all that was going on and I couldn't explain it. (There's nothing further from the truth.) Through it all, God is my constant Friend that I can always rely on and talk to because He never changes and is always there. This may or may not make sense to you, but I hope and pray you let the Maker of your heart come and heal it. If you would like to talk about it more, feel free to write me. Again, I am sorry for your loss as are many others. You have lots of support from this celiac forum community. Be encouraged.

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Twinklestars Contributor

You are an amazing person to have on this forum Raven. You are a voice of comfort and reassurance for people who are new here. I really value your knowledge and patience to answer the same questions over and over. You understand the questions are new to those who ask them.

I am so glad there is joy in your life again in the form of someone small and furry. Love to you xxx

ravenwoodglass Mentor

You are an amazing person to have on this forum Raven. You are a voice of comfort and reassurance for people who are new here. I really value your knowledge and patience to answer the same questions over and over. You understand the questions are new to those who ask them.

I am so glad there is joy in your life again in the form of someone small and furry. Love to you xxx

Thank you. I get just as much, if not more, than I give though. This forum gives me a reason for all the years of pain and makes it seem like there was a purpose for that pain and all the struggles. We have so many kind and helpful people here. Many that went through the same issues I did. It does help keep us from feeling so alone and hopeless when our doctors can be of little help at times. I just wish I had found this place when I was first diagnosed as it would have helped so much. But eventually I did find my way here and I am very glad I did. :)

cougie23 Explorer

Poor Raven...you are the light in the darkness...the voice of comfort...a pat on the back and a radeiant smile! so much of you comes throgh on these pages you have no Idea! your words are sooo apreciated and looked forword to...I know I'm not the only one who feels this way! I feel disapointed if I don't see that little doggie picture as I surf the content and a feeling of warmth when I do...it allways makes me smile!

Your story is heart breaking...so sorry about your little buddy!

The worsed thing about Celiacs is like you said...people act like its OUR fault!!! Like we can control this ...like ok you changed your diet...wheres the miricle...you must be full of s$#&!!! Or even worse all the years of every one thinking its in your head!Doctors, family ,friends...no one really understands....they can't beleive there can be soooo many deverse symptoms JUST from eating something!!! So WE must be a bunch of hypocondreacts....even though they can see the massive PAIN we go through ( they would'nt ask a one legged man to climb a mountain but expect us to)...they get irritated because WE slow them down...WE are INCONVEINENT....and they're just plain sick of listening to something they can't do anything about! After all your "MOM" Raven...your not suppose to be sick! Children are very selfish by nature its instictual..sometimes even Adult children( but by the time were adults we'er supposed to grow out of it and become more comunity aware...but it seems to be more common in the last few generations to be late bloomers in the unselfish part recently, trust me...Its not just YOUR kids...You can see it all around us)! Usereally it takes a few LIFE events to bring them around! hopfully this will happen BEFORE you join your little doggy friend!In the mean while OUR hearts go out for you...you have alot of people who care about you here...you've made alot of friends old and new...who are greatful just to have met you...even if its only over the internet!!!

Sweetheart..if I could scoop you into my arms like a little child (even thogh you are probably older than me)..hold your head to my bossom... stroke your hair and dry your tears...hold you close for several minutes...I would, just to show you how much you've touched me in such a short time!You are very cared about...mourn..but don't dispare...be strong...you can get through this ..you've survived this long..your a fighter, look at all the warm responces...don't worry someday your children will come to their sences!

you are a wonderful person...don't forget it! :)

soooo happy to hear about your new little friend .

P.S

good for you!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Raven, my first forum friend... :)

A good buddy of mine sent this to me when I lost my beloved lab, Gracie...and I am thinking you will appreciate the sentiment! So glad you are feeling better and that your new little love is settling in!

" It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece

of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -Unknown

That's you, kiddo... ;) generous and loving!

My best always,

IH

ravenwoodglass Mentor

" It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece

of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -Unknown

That is going to be printed out and placed on my frig in a place of honor right next to Rainbow Bridge. What a great thought. Thanks so much for sharing.

IrishHeart Veteran

You bet, hon! ;)

Archived